Ticket Fiasco

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
basil75
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by basil75 »

If we requires any sort of organisation from our end - no matter how small - I wouldn't count on it.
Gulliball
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Gulliball »

Trojan 67 wrote: This is a free country, right ?

Free enterprise and competition exists, right ?
Where will "soccer express" be next year when we have Macclesfield or Hartlepool away? If the club and its fans give their support to the genuine TUFC fan run service then jolly good in my eyes.
www.torquayfanstats.com
Twitter: @torquayfanstats
yellow
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Situation Vacant

Post by yellow »

Now then, now then. Let s calm down for a bit.

We are in the hands of a Premiershite side. This is what it is like to be a pawn in the game that is ruled by money and TV revenues.

Let s give TUFC a little time to sort it out, and meanwhile be grateful that we follow a real team with real players, and it is true, real administrative problems....
"A day without football is a day lost" (Ernst Happel)
"Look at the (Plainmoor) stars, Look how they shine for you, And everything you do, Yeah they were all yellow" (C. Martin)
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

Dave_Pougher wrote:Still can't believe this from TUFC.

No disrespect to anyone whos struggled today but the most apt alternative I've heared is leave it till the day ! Does anyone know if thats going to be possible?
Aye Dave, anything is possible, but with TUFC being brow beaten by a disorganised imbecile, the mindset is make it impossible.

I don't know which one it was (it may have been both) there was a pay on the day gate at Wembley (Trophy '08/Playoff '09).

To his great credit, Popside regular Simon Baker was outside today showing queuing supporters the seating plan and explaining the situation (as it was at that time).
Friend of TorquayFans.com
Member of the Month November 2020
Southampton Gull: "Well deserved"
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

Simon Baker would have been better off calling Stevenage to see if he could borrow a pair of testicles to allow him the strength to make a decision on behalf of his own supporters.
Dave

bixieupnorth
Legend
Legend

Post by bixieupnorth »

decided to try to see if other cluns involved were having similar trouble to us?

peterboro wouldnt let me on their forum without registering, but their OS says ticketmaster? http://www.theposh.com/page/TicketNews/ ... 32,00.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

huddersfield are fuming that ticketmaster are doing all their tickets and none can be picked up from the ground, http://downatthemac.proboards.com/index ... read=57171" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
didnt we have similar thing a few years back, however their OS say things differently http://www.htafc.com/page/TicketsNewsDe ... 16,00.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

confirmation from stevenage OS that they have barmy army area http://www.stevenagefc.com/page/LatestN ... 00,00.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

checked out swansea here http://forum.planetswans.co.uk/viewforu ... b674db89c5" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; but encountered access problems, their OS says 36k so far http://www.swanseacity.net/page/Latest/ ... 72,00.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

cant even see any mention with reading and tickets http://hobnob.royals.org/forum/viewforum.php?f=1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; but their OS shows that they've sold 33k already from the club http://www.readingfc.co.uk/page/NewsDet ... 10,00.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Last edited by bixieupnorth on 22 May 2011, 19:24, edited 1 time in total.
still keeping the faith
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

Southampton Gull wrote:Simon Baker would have been better off calling Stevenage to see if he could borrow a pair of testicles to allow him the strength to make a decision on behalf of his own supporters.
Simon Baker isn't the problem. The gobshite 'erself calling 'imself HE is.

Sadly, the philanthropist with real cash in his pocket passed away last year. Now we have someone who knows about money but doesn't have any. The drip drip drip of the penny pinching mindset has swept through the boardroom quicker than an AK47 clears a cellar full of Chechens.
gullsflyinghigh
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Rene Howe

Post by gullsflyinghigh »

Southampton Gull wrote:Simon Baker would have been better off calling Stevenage to see if he could borrow a pair of testicles to allow him the strength to make a decision on behalf of his own supporters.
I agree Dave. The atmosphere is going to be bl**dy sh*t at Old Trafford if things don't change and quickly. We showed how good our support can be on Friday night, so why are they not giving us a chance to do it again? The core, loyal singers and people that are willing to stand up and get behind the boys should be segregated into their own area behind the goal (a popside area like at Wembley would be ideal) and then other people can be put around them.

IF STEVENAGE CAN DO IT WHY CANT WE?!?!

Hope the club don't come crying to us when the noise is crap at OT and the team doesn't get roared on to what would be an amazing promotion...

We need to email the club about this asap, although I fear it's already too late...
AndyC
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Mark Ellis

Post by AndyC »

Luton and AFC Wimbledon had problems as well since their tickets were only (I think) available online. Mate of mine at work bought two for him and his dad and with charges was £102 down by the end of his visit to See Tickets.

But at least he could sit where he chose!
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Trojan 67 wrote: Simon Baker isn't the problem. The gobshite 'erself calling 'imself HE is.

Sadly, the philanthropist with real cash in his pocket passed away last year. Now we have someone who knows about money but doesn't have any. The drip drip drip of the penny pinching mindset has swept through the boardroom quicker than an AK47 clears a cellar full of Chechens.

Simon Baker is the Chairman, it's about time he acted like one on behalf of his fellow fans.

Not that I disagree about Bill Phillips mind...........................
Dave

wodger of awabia
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Carol Vorderman..eh?

Post by wodger of awabia »

Trojan 67 wrote: Aye Dave, anything is possible, but with TUFC being brow beaten by a disorganised imbecile, the mindset is make it impossible.

I don't know which one it was (it may have been both) there was a pay on the day gate at Wembley (Trophy '08/Playoff '09).

To his great credit, Popside regular Simon Baker was outside today showing queuing supporters the seating plan and explaining the situation (as it was at that time).
He was not there When I visited,He should not be expected to spend the whole of his sunday there, but should have arranged for another director to be there in his place.

The idea of selling on a sunday was a very poor decision! Ticket sales should have started on monday pm, after a staff meeting to formulate the sales plan,iron out any problems, obtain any necessary clarification, & further information from Old Trafford. I realise that some people can't buy tickets during office hours due to work etc. but it's not difficult to arrange at least one " late night opening" day.

If I owned a green grocers shop & had to find someone to mind it for half an hour whilst I was away, then I would not be happy for any of this lot to do it !!!!
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Stevenage started selling theirs yesterday, they also managed to arrange things for their fans with little or no trouble, seemingly.
Dave

Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

Gulliball wrote: Where will "soccer express" be next year when we have Macclesfield or Hartlepool away? If the club and its fans give their support to the genuine TUFC fan run service then jolly good in my eyes.
The answer to the highlighted portion : still in businness.

I'll spend my money where the best deal is. Soccer express offered the best deal (travel AND overnight accommodation.

The fiasco today has put a damper on what should have been a rising crescendo heading into the weekend.

F*ck it. I'll stay in Torquay and watch it down the pub.Then I'll come home for an evening meal and out again to watch the Champions League Cup Final at the pub that welcomes my custom.

It won't be Boots and Laces.
Modgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Alex Russell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Modgull »

Trojan - can't understand your view - go with Soccer Express if you want no - one is stopping you. All I have said earlier in this thread is that Steve Breed should be supported if possible and, when he was approached with the question, he agreed to look at a coach and accommodation package to give a locally organised alternative.
Phil

Remember its a marathon not a sprint
portugull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: lee mansell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by portugull »

I want to support our Travel Club. However I and 3 other friends would like to stay overnight in Manchester. Yesterday I spoke to Steve Breed who thought such apackage was a good idea. He promised to get back to me on Sunday.No news yet!!
I do understand he will have had a very busy day. Surely we are not the only 4 who would like to watch LIVE the CHAMPIONS LEAGUE FINAL in the evening after
hopefully seeing United promoted to League 1