Your worst ever XI

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
chippygull
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Kevin Nicholson

Post by chippygull »

Buster Phillips in his latter days.........
:@
Fate: A police dog called Bryn bit Torquay player Jim McNichol and the time while he was receiving treatment was added onto the end of the second half.
Jeff
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by Jeff »

Struggling to think of some for mine, but here goes

GK - Jamie Attwell (made Martin Rice look like Lev Yashin)
DR - Patrick Flynn (looked like he'd never touched a football in his life)
DC - Lee Andrews (enough said)
DC - Gareth Owen (was supposed to be good. Wasn't)
DL - Stephen Reed (the novelty of endless, backspun long balls wore off after 10mins)
MR - Daryl McMahon (loan from West Ham, had about 3 touches in one game, all poor, then said he wanted to player reserve team footie as it was "higher profile"!
MC - Paul Smith (marquee signing, clearly only after one last paycheck. Never seen a player so slow and little effort)
MC - Matt Hewlett (booed on second appearance - nuff said)
ML - Aaron Brown (bottler - winger who couldn't take anyone on or pass the ball)
ST - Jamal Easter (awful, awful forward)
ST - Carl Priso (20mins of clamouring for "Big Carl" to get on at Grimsby - shouldn't have bothered wasting my breath!)
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

To be fair, magic mushrooms couldn't make Martin Rice look like Lev Yashin :)
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
A J
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: David Graham

Post by A J »

popsider wrote:Mickey Evans got to be worth a shout? And James Bitner & Martin Horsell.
Bittner never made a first-team appearance thank god! As he was useless in the pre-season friendlies!

A couple of others I can remember playing well in pre-season (and scoring), but then clearly not good enough for the 'real stuff' were Richard Bouton and Ben Joyce.

Horsell was very young and didnt do badly. Micky Evans was great in the air, he just couldnt do anything else! Like a few players we've had before, he was unfortunately well past his best when he joined TUFC.
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

Micky Evans, **** hell, he made glacial pace seem quick. So much effort for absolutely no discernible change of speed what-so-ever. I'd nick his luggage at the airport, not a hope in hell of him catching me.

Chippy, you leave Buster alone, wonderful player provided he wasn't asked to use his left foot, even for standing on.

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"