Adam Legzdins

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

Oooh, an apology, I can't wait...

It's at times like this, that I am minded of the words of the great Sir Les of Dennis, "If it's up there, I'll give you the money myself".
So, I'll see your apology and raise you; if he signs for us, I'll drive to Burton to pick him up myself.

Matt.

I know, I know, ordinarily, it's Dave who will drive hundreds of miles to pick up men, but this is different.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
Fonda
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Super Jason Fowler

Post by Fonda »

I think i'd rather we signed a 'permanent' keeper, than had a loanee between the sticks for a season.
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend

Post by ferrarilover »

Even if that loanee was Pokey?

Matt.
Fonda
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Super Jason Fowler

Post by Fonda »

Hmmm, fair point. I wouldn't be disappointed to see his return.
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

4 pages on a nonsense rumour - we do really want a keeper for it to go this far!
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

Richinns wrote:4 pages on a nonsense rumour - we do really want a keeper for it to go this far!

2 pages of it was you though Rich :lol: :lol:
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

Many legendz have played for TUFC. :clap: :bow: :clap:

Maybe Adam Legzdins in the future could join the "TUFC Hall of Legendz". :lol:
Friend of TorquayFans.com
Member of the Month November 2020
Southampton Gull: "Well deserved"
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend

Post by ferrarilover »

You say we really do need a keeper, as though it is sarcastic, but that's just the thing, we really do need a keeper!

Matt.
royalgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Stevland Angus

Post by royalgull »

just done some digging. Derby signed Frank Fielding for £400,000 back in May so you'd think he'd start as number 1, they've also got Stephen Bywater, Saul Deeney and Ross Atkins on their books. Add Legzdins to that and they clearly have too many. I don't think it's completely ridiculous to think they might let Legzdins whose been playing every week back out on loan. Quite why that club would be Torquay is the real scratch head moment.
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend

Post by ferrarilover »

Well, perhaps he'd rather play with Billy Kee than against him?

Matt.
CP Gull

Post by CP Gull »

royalgull wrote: . I don't think it's completely ridiculous to think they might let Legzdins whose been playing every week back out on loan. Quite why that club would be Torquay is the real scratch head moment.
Why not?

Unlike most clubs at this level, we are actually in the market for a FIRST CHOICE keeper. The important thing for Derby would be that he is going to a good club (which Cloughie knows we are) who can guarantee him first team football - there are not that many clubs around that could do that at this time. The obvious choice might have been for him (Legzdins) to go back to Burton on loan but there seems to have been a bit of a "breakdown" in the relationship between him and Peschisolido over his refusal to extend his contract - so maybe it's better for him to "move on" - add in the "Halpin" factor and I can see why this rumour just may have some legs!
Last edited by CP Gull on 28 Jun 2011, 20:18, edited 1 time in total.
Regiment
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Regiment »

Interesting that people are thinking he could be coming on loan, due to clough's fondness of our club. I wonder how Burton would feel about Derby taking their very good goalkeeper, and not playing him, but loaning him out to one of their league rivals. What with cloughie being their former manager and all that.
Brady

I Wish I Was There
royalgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Stevland Angus

Post by royalgull »

Just geographical really. Like you say maybe there is some more to the story why he might not want to go back to Burton. But that would be the the most obvious move, in the same way Exeter re loaned Harley. Burton to Derby is what 20miles? Derby to Torquay, more than that. :)
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend

Post by ferrarilover »

I imagine the hundred large will soften that particular blow, Bradders.

Matt.
gulliver
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: mcphee

Post by gulliver »

[quote="rumurchap"]....if you guys sign two goalkeepers and one of them not being Adam, then I will personally apologise to you all........... whether he has signed for Derby and then agreed to join us on loan or signed permantly I am unaware.

This confuses me. You refer to Torquay as "you guys" at the top then you change to "us" at the bottom.... care to explain?

I dont like to see people crush those who try and offer us fans some info like richins did earlier with McPhee but this has raised a large doubt in my mind about who you are and who you support.... perhaps a local rival on the wind up?!?