Fixtures for 2012/13?

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Plymouth Gull

Post by Plymouth Gull »

Delighted with the fixtures!
Behind-the-Gulls
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by Behind-the-Gulls »

11 mid-week games with seven of them at home.Not good for attendances and for exiles having to travel to Plainmoor mid-week.
nicktufc
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Euuuuuuuunan

Post by nicktufc »

I quite enjoy the midweek games
CP Gull

Post by CP Gull »

Behind-the-Gulls wrote:11 mid-week games with seven of them at home.Not good for attendances and for exiles having to travel to Plainmoor mid-week.
To be fair though, three of those eleven are on public holidays i.e. Boxing Day, New Years Day and Easter Monday and so in reality there are are only 8 "proper" midweek games of which 5 are at home and only 3 are away. Not so good for the travelling fans maybe but from the clubs perspective pretty good news that they haven't got too many long midweek away trips.

Indeed when you look at it, AFC Wimbledon away in September, Barnet away in November and Dagenham away in March, being our only 3 midweek away trips as things stand , are surely about as good as we could realistically have hoped for. Not only are the distances not too bad nor even the time of year but we should also have a decent following to all three of those given the strength of following with the Capital Gulls and all those other southern based exiles.
Bigman
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: David Graham

Post by Bigman »

Massive trek in the summer season to a newly promoted team - couldn't think of a worse first fixture.

Rovers away the weekend after the wife's 30th - not ideal.

I'm sure I'll find my way to a few though :)
Gulliball
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Gulliball »

Behind-the-Gulls wrote:11 mid-week games with seven of them at home.Not good for attendances and for exiles having to travel to Plainmoor mid-week.
The season starts late because of the Olympics and finishes a week earlier than usual because the Champions League Final is at Wembley again and they have to fit the play-offs in first. The extra mid-weeks will cost us money, but that's the reason for it, the FA have to re-coup their multi millions for Wembley. At least they worked it out early this year.

They have also left midweeks free towards the end of the season, so even with the re-arranged games from the poor weather over Christmas we should avoid playing 2 games a week for all of March and April.
www.torquayfanstats.com
Twitter: @torquayfanstats