CONFIRMED: Mark Ellis to Crewe ....

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
royalgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Stevland Angus

Post by royalgull »

Southampton Gull wrote:

LMAO @ that.

I remember what you used to say about Saah on the long trip back from Plainmoor :rofl: :rofl:

Ellis is not as good as some have always thought and nowhere near as good as he thinks he is. Take the £70k and let Lingy bring in another gem ;-)

Fully agree with you, Justin.
He used to be shite. But now he's alright FickLOLe :-D
jonnyfive
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Gary Clayton

Post by jonnyfive »

The fella is a good, solid L2 CB. There are others. Trust Lingy to find a comparable replacement, and the 70k will pay his wages for a year. We should be delighted that TUFC are operating this way.
"Also, stands aren't sentient."
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

Spot on, smiffers.
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Ellis at Forest Green - yeah right. He is going to be the biggest miss of the three players. Wait and see.
bc-gull
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Pearce

Post by bc-gull »

Ellis is overrated and 70k is quite fair. We wont miss him at all.
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Brucie was nearly right, at 6ft 2 in Ellis will the joint biggest miss of the three players :)
Formerly known as forevertufc
royalgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Stevland Angus

Post by royalgull »

brucie wrote:Ellis at Forest Green - yeah right. He is going to be the biggest miss of the three players. Wait and see.
LOL err no.
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Scott Brehaut »

brucie wrote:Ellis at Forest Green - yeah right. He is going to be the biggest miss of the three players. Wait and see.
If you seriously think that Ellis will be missed more than Bobby then you are more deluded than I thought

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com
RussianGull
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by RussianGull »

I always liked Ellis - shame to see him go, but that's football. He's been a core part of our squad for the last few years so thanks very much and all the best.

I've got every faith in Ling to find a suitable replacement.
yellow
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Situation Vacant

Post by yellow »

Brucie speaks the truth.

Some of those dismissing Ellis are merely grinding the same old axes.

You would have thought the fact that Crewe want him for Div 1 might alert them to their prejudices. But it would seem not.
"A day without football is a day lost" (Ernst Happel)
"Look at the (Plainmoor) stars, Look how they shine for you, And everything you do, Yeah they were all yellow" (C. Martin)
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

yellow wrote: Brucie speaks the truth.

Some of those dismissing Ellis are merely grinding the same old axes.

You would have thought the fact that Crewe want him for Div 1 might alert them to their prejudices. But it would seem not.

No different to those who continually bang on about how great he supposedly is. If he steps up a level I'll have a bet with you that he gets dropped at some point and ends up in the stiffs more often than in the first team.
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Scott Brehaut »

So, Ellis might be wanted by division one Crewe (who got in via the playoffs which would suggest they were only marginally better than us anyway), against Bobby who will, no doubt at all, be the number one at Championship side Peterborough.

There is absolutely no doubt in my mind who the better player out of the two is/was for us last season, who will be missed the most this coming season, and who will be the most difficult to replace.

The answer to all those is Bobby.

I've no axe to grind against Mark - I just think that he thinks he is better than he actually is.

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com
CP Gull

Post by CP Gull »

The Herald Express are saying that Crewe have bid £70k for Mark but that falls short of our valuation. Apparently Lingy and Mark are going to have another chat, which suggests to me that he really wants Mark to stay as I would suggest most Managers by now would have lost patience with Mark's dithering. Full credit to Lingy for having yet another go.

It's also good to see that we are at least trying to squeeze a bit more Out of Crewe for him - after all we all know they can afford it (after the sale of Nick Powell). Still think Mark will go, but if we could get say £100k for him then that would be a decent fee for him I reckon.
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

Good to see that we have not accepted 70k. 'Double that and come back to us Crewe' would be my response. Fair enough having a chat with Mark - he deserves that, but if the outcome is that his heart is not at the club anymore then he needs to move on. Hoping he stays but the delay in signing indicates he will not be.
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
yellow
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Situation Vacant

Post by yellow »

He is a professional footballer. His heart is far more likely to be in his wallet.

He has been messed around by TUFC primarily by The Weasel, and until the injury to Saah was not given much opportunity by Dinger. When given his chance he has taken it. In fact, despite what his detractors tell us, so well that the sale of Robbo hardly registered on the course of our season.

He is now out of contract and trying to get the best deal that he can. Who wouldn’t?
"A day without football is a day lost" (Ernst Happel)
"Look at the (Plainmoor) stars, Look how they shine for you, And everything you do, Yeah they were all yellow" (C. Martin)