Elliot Benyon?

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
lankyben
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Mark Ellis

Post by lankyben »

ok so my opinion on Benyons completely ridiculous.... there is a reason he is 8th choice at southend, but its cool you guys live off the start of the 2010-11 season. Wake up and smell the coffee he has gone down hill quicker than Portsmouth Fc
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

I don't think our situation is as bad as some think. We'll never have big money to spend, but we seem to have had a knack for finding either young players with potential or older players who have recovered their form and earlier promise after coming to Plainmoor and done a job for us. And we're having the foundations in place on which to build a stable and successful future for the club, with homegrown talent and, hopefully, a decent scouting network to find the talented bargain players. It's already beginning to happen, and will gradually build up momentum. We must be patient for a season or two. Any kind of success that comes in the meantime will be a pleasant and perhaps not unexpected bonus; I believe we are still in with a shout for the play-offs at least... :-D
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Scott Brehaut »

lankyben wrote:ok so my opinion on Benyons completely ridiculous.... there is a reason he is 8th choice at southend, but its cool you guys live off the start of the 2010-11 season. Wake up and smell the coffee he has gone down hill quicker than Portsmouth Fc
Yet you also want to live in the past and bring back McPhee.

I know who I would rather re-sign.

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com
lankyben
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by lankyben »

I did previously explain the mcphee thing is a joke we have on away days.....
usagullmichigan
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by usagullmichigan »

lankyben wrote:ok so my opinion on Benyons completely ridiculous.... there is a reason he is 8th choice at southend, but its cool you guys live off the start of the 2010-11 season. Wake up and smell the coffee he has gone down hill quicker than Portsmouth Fc
Means nothing at Elliot's age. I can think of a striker who was at his lowest playing for Torquay and now is smashing them in for a championship side.
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

usagullmichigan wrote:Means nothing at Elliot's age. I can think of a striker who was at his lowest playing for Torquay and now is smashing them in for a championship side.
Ashley 'I don't give a f**k' Barnes?
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

I'd think about taking Benners purely due the lack of anything tangible ( other than Logan ) happening at the club at the moment. He certainly knew where the net was but like someone else said, i think we need a different kind of attacker and not another small nippy poacher. I liked Benners apart from the fact he would spend 25 minutes of a game sat on his backside but we need something different at this moment in time so for me it's a no even if we don't bring anyone in at all.
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
lankyben
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by lankyben »

Andy......please don't say you have bucked the trend and moved on from 2010-11 season. we're a dying bread in the torquay crowd ;-). shall I start a bring back Ed Palmer thread for nostalgia?
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

lankyben wrote:Andy......please don't say you have bucked the trend and moved on from 2010-11 season. we're a dying bread in the torquay crowd ;-). shall I start a bring back Ed Palmer thread for nostalgia?
Who is he? ;-)
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
lankyben
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by lankyben »

the marquee name of 2010-11 ;-)

in all seriousness though.... my opinion is that I would rather sign logan than Benyon. logan will work harder and do a atieno-esque role. i.e playing the odd game when Rene's suspended or has a knock.
stevegull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Bedeau

Post by stevegull »

Two words: Darren Mullings.
Maybe one day, Carayol will find London...
CP Gull

Post by CP Gull »

Well, this seems to confirm that we were interested in bringing him back but that it may no longer happen!

http://www.echo-news.co.uk/sport/blues/ ... nted_list/
SteveDeckchair
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Sir Alex Russell
Watches from: Pop side

Post by SteveDeckchair »

lankyben wrote:in all seriousness though.... my opinion is that I would rather sign logan than Benyon. logan will work harder and do a atieno-esque role. i.e playing the odd game when Rene's suspended or has a knock.
Sorry, but the bit I have highlighted is absolute tosh. :red:
Mmmmmm, beeeeeeeer.
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain

Post by Richinns »

CP Gull wrote:Well, this seems to confirm that we were interested in bringing him back but that it may no longer happen!

http://www.echo-news.co.uk/sport/blues/ ... nted_list/

Doubt? Would be good to know what went wrong here!

EDIT: Quotes fixed. SB
TUST member 328
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain

Post by Richinns »

Why hs the above post gone weird and included what I wrote as part of the quote? Strange!
TUST member 328