Lingy

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Dave_Pougher
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Mansell

Post by Dave_Pougher »

MidDevon wrote:Crikey,
The last think I wanted to do was start any animosity between supporters, especially as we could be getting our first sub 2000 crowd on Tuesday night, we need everyone to get behind the club. Cheer up everyone, worse things happen at sea!....and you do have Valentines Day to look forward to next week ! </3

Anyway, my feelings on the matter are unchanged, in that I believe that as no-one has heard from Lingy, no-one actually knows how he is. The rumours will continue that he has joined Portsmouth, he got told off for having a verbal slanging match with supporters and threw his toys out the pram, he got annoyed that he had no budget in the transfer window and has gone on a sulk, he has eaten a Findus pie and is actually ill.....who knows?

I suppose the reality is that as no-one has spoken to Martin, no-one will truely know what the issues are, and I believe that IS the case...he has just not been in touch.

I think the club will have to issue a statement next week perhaps after the Rotherham match or it could all go a bit silly

I heard this also, although rumour has it was Findus fish fingers contaminted with sea horse meat
lankyben
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Mark Ellis

Post by lankyben »

I want a nice clean fight.... no biting or gauging. touch gloves and fight ;-)
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Not for the first time something else seems to have been mishandled by the club. We were originally told that Ling was staying away from the club because he did not want the players to catch what he had. Three weeks later he has supposed to have had loads of tests but still apparently noone knows what is wrong with him. By the assistant managers own admission he hasn't even spoken to the manager.
For all we know this could be a stress related illness - if thats the case then Ling is hardly likely to be fit to return anytime soon.
For all the secrecy and mystery it doesn't mean that those raising concerns "are sick in the head" as one idiot has said.
Either Ling will be fit enough to return sometime soon or he won't be. If it is the latter this raised the issue of whether our fate should be left in the hands of Taylor and Veysey.
I would say that this would be the equivalent of putting Paul Compton and Wes Saunders in charge.
Whether Lings absence had anything to do with us failing to make a loan signing I have no idea but the current situation cannot be allowed to drift on much longer. Four wins and a couple of draws in seventeen games ought to be achievable with little problem but we need to start getting some points on the board and quickly.
supergulls
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Aaron Downes

Post by supergulls »

Here we go again brucie
Three weeks later ? Martin took training on jan 27th the day before the Exeter game and became ill on the day of the match. When I went to school that works out to be two weeks tomorrow .
supergulls
Skipper
Skipper

Post by supergulls »

And just to clear matters up my post was not intended as a dig at forevertufc he always talks sense and seems a decent guy. It was aimed at the people that start these rumours etc. it's so negative it can only have a detrimental effect on our club.
ROADRUNNER
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: clint boulton

Post by ROADRUNNER »

yes 2 weeks, i think this is all getting a bit bitchy, i think we should all calm down dears. it maybe that martin himself has asked it to be played down, either way i think we should wait and see what happens we are all concerned with what is going on but the main thing is he gets better soon.
supergulls
Skipper
Skipper

Post by supergulls »

Well said roadrunner !!
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

I know your post was not aimed at me supergulls, you did begin your post with what is wrong with this forum which did imply the rumours started here, and as said to you directly rumours were flying around yesterday from fans I know do not post on any forum, let alone this one.

As much as he gets critized Brucie has a point, the club I think have mishandled, fans are rightly concerned, our current form is pants we do not have enough points. The boss is off sick and the Fleetwood game was more than all the evidence anyone needed that the signing of a striker who can finish has to be the number priority.

With wishing to labour my point, some clarity from the club would not go a miss, if Lingy is not going to back for a few weeks, then put Taylor in total charge of all things football and make him understand that, he looked scared to make a decision yesterday almost because he is not the manager he felt it was not his place. Shaun Taylor if Lingy is not coming back for a few weeks must get out there and bring in a finisher, and step up to the plate.

Bringing in some tempory to steer the ship, is not an option.
Formerly known as forevertufc
royalgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Stevland Angus

Post by royalgull »

LOL @ all this you bunch of melts :)

Bloke's not very well but meh it makes sod all difference anyway. Taylor's been here with him from Day 1, he'll speak with him occasionally but he'll run the sessions as per normal, the team picks itself give or take and Ling will have some input whether he's here or not and then on match day it's down the players. Problem is it's them or half of them more like who are utter pigswill.
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Two weeks three weeks or four weeks - it actually makes sod all difference. Taylor was quite specific in his radio interview that he had not been able to speak to LIng. It didn't appear that he was lying so what are we all supposed to glean from that:

1. The virus means that Ling is unable to speak.
2. Ling has gone doolally tap
3. Ling has gone to Portsmouth
4. Ling has given birth to Billy Bodins lovechild and eloped.

Taylor isn't speaking to the manager - we desperately need a decent loan forward. Can anyone seriuously think that this is a satisfactory situation.
ROADRUNNER
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: clint boulton

Post by ROADRUNNER »

aint going to make any difference, im sure they will tell us when there ready, we just have to carry on, we all know its not ideal, but thats the way it is.
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Scott Brehaut »

Why do we actually need to know what is wrong with him?
It is none of our business - the people that need to know do so.

If I'm ill at work, I let my boss know, she tells those that need to know and the rest of those at work that don't need to know simply don't get told....if they then want to launch into nonsense about whether I have herpes, HIV, the flu or the clap is up t them, but its it not very constructive for either party.

If we do ever need to know, we will.

Loads of people have been telling him to p**s off anyway - now he has people are desperate for him to come back....the guy can't bloody win!!

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com
supergulls
Skipper
Skipper

Post by supergulls »

Ha ha quality Scott !!
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Scott mate, it is not about what is wrong with Martin Ling, that is not the issue, your quite correct it is none of our buisness, and it is only a very, very small minority of fans who want Lingy out.

The issue is how long is he going to be away from the club, now what I was going post now has changed, with the breaking news that Benyon has been signed on a months loan, shows that people at the club are stepping up to the plate, heads are being removed from the sand in Martin Lings absence.
Formerly known as forevertufc
HardofHerringGull
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by HardofHerringGull »

Scott Brehaut wrote:Why do we actually need to know what is wrong with him?
It is none of our business - the people that need to know do so.

If I'm ill at work, I let my boss know, she tells those that need to know and the rest of those at work that don't need to know simply don't get told....if they then want to launch into nonsense about whether I have herpes, HIV, the flu or the clap is up t them, but its it not very constructive for either party.

If we do ever need to know, we will.

Loads of people have been telling him to p**s off anyway - now he has people are desperate for him to come back....the guy can't bloody win!!
Shit...I don't have HIV, but i've had the rest! :O