Accrington Stanley v Torquay United - 2/3/13

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

Jeff wrote:Still haven't decided if I'm going to do this tomorrow or not.

Jeff, if i can go and i've been really ill all week then you can get your arse over there ya big girl! :na: :lol:

(joking mate :-D )

If you go , i promise to shout some random abuse at the end of the game when we're all filing out if it's any incentive for you? :rofl:

Seriously Jeff, go mate because it looks like being the lowest away turnout of the season. We need all the numbers we can get.
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
Jeff
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by Jeff »

austrianandygull wrote:

Jeff, if i can go and i've been really ill all week then you can get your arse over there ya big girl! :na: :lol:

(joking mate :-D )

If you go , i promise to shout some random abuse at the end of the game when we're all filing out if it's any incentive for you? :rofl:

Seriously Jeff, go mate because it looks like being the lowest away turnout of the season. We need all the numbers we can get.
You know what, I think you've sold me on it! I kind of like the idea of a shockingly low turnout - I think 55 at Chester was the lowest away attendance I've been part of. Plus, I'm owed something by my trips to Accrington - if I give up now I'll never see a result there!
AlexGulls
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Chris McPhee

Post by AlexGulls »

Plus there is a chance it will be lower than 55 on Saturday. Last I heard there was six of us on the travel club!
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

That's the spirit Jeff. I lied about the guaranteed rant though mate, i'm a bit calmer now ( standing next to Bengull at a lot of games has really worked for my ying and yang at games :) ) so you'll have to find something else to laugh at. It could either be the flag at the back of the home stand saying STANLEY ULTRAS with around a dozen schoolkids stood in front of it or it could be our performance that makes you laugh. :rofl:

I was there at the game where Ellis got sent off bang on half time and then Craney scored for them in the second half so i'm hoping for a change in fortune too.

Alex says there is only six on the big yellow fun bus! There was only 8 on it at Rochdale but we had a few from northern based Gulls and also a trio of gents i met parking my car who had driven up from Warwick. Didn't we have a Warwickgull on this forum? It might have been him, anyway, i reckon we'll still get the usual northern contingent but due to Accy being SUCH a hovel it might put a few of the floaters of so i'm going for 75 of us.
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
Jeff
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by Jeff »

If there is only 75 (or less) do you reckon they'll still let us have the end, or will they try and pen us down in that little enclosure down the side?
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

I don't reckon the Accy stewards will have the adequate functioning number of neurons in their cerebrum to execute such a logistical undertaking. I think we'll be in the end Jeff. I HOPE we'll be in the away end Jeff! Have you seen how tiny that little away section of seats is, we'll be crammed in like sardines and it would make a bad experience even more horrific.
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

Plus it ramps up the likelihood that my diseases will get you all! :Z :Z MWWOOOOOHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH :devil:

:lol:
Jeff
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by Jeff »

Oh yeah don't get me wrong, I don't WANT to go on the side! I think a couple of years ago they made us all go in there first, then once they realised there were a few of us they opened the end up. Its a two step terrace, can't see f*** all!
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

Just found out that the Accy ground is now called the STORE FIRST STADIUM

We need to change that tomorrow by making it the SCORE FIRST STADIUM! :lol:
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Chris Myers

Post by lucy6lucy »

Despite what many may think of my outburst on Tuesday night I will be at the game. I was very very very angry on Tuesday night, because I love the club and like many fear the drop will kill the club. Luckily for me I have the luxury of leaving my house for a 30 min journey to the delightful town of accrington!! I just cant bear the thought on us going down. COYY
Lucy
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

Thumbs up lucy! My mum has just let me know this morning that she is ill and so i've been ringing around to try and get alternative childcare and now i've got to divert via Rotherham to drop my little un and my partners mums. I still feel a bit shitty too after the tonsillitis thingy but i'm still on track to make it there! COME ON LADS!! GIVE US A SHOT WE CAN BE PROUD OF!!
tauntongull
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Aaron Downes

Post by tauntongull »

Simply cannot find it within myself to spend another £100 for myself and my son to go to this game and witness another similar performance to recent weeks. I would rather donate the money to a worthwhile charity. No wholesale changes means another expected performance tsimilar to recent weeks. Will be listening on Gillette Soccer Saturday tho! It's not that we have to win - I'm looking for consistent good performances for more than one game before I start travelling again.
May not be the original, but I am the best 'TauntonGull' .... See I can do signatures too, coz I am a real boy!
Colorado Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Colorado Gull »

Won't be at the game today, I can't see myself spending goodness knows how much money to stand in that abysmal stand (only just better than City's) and watch another dismal performance. If Knill plays the same team that played on Saturday and Tuesday, we may as well be 1-0 down already. I'll be listening to the game on the radio nevertheless, praying for a win!!
Formerly dannyrvtufc4life.
MH91
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by MH91 »

Do you guys think there could be commentary online like the Port Vale game? I exclude the Torquay player option.
gullno4
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Rene

Post by gullno4 »

enjoy the game those who are going, I just can't bring myself to spend a lot of money on watching us lose !!
The gulls are going up