Torquay United v Oxford United - 9/3/13

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

Yeah i remember it now. Not the picking up of sh*t but the Shaky!
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

I thought you were off out to the boozer?
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

Any team news yet?
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

Accrington sign Francis Jeffers. That's them and York out of it then so just us, Plymouth, Barnet, Aldershot and Wimbledon to fight it out. Surely there are 2 worse teams in there than us?
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

Not many of us on here today considering it's a huge game. I'm just cleaning the bathroom and i'm changing my prediction from a 2-0 defeat to a 1-0 win. I think we can win this today. I'm confident Knill will have the lads up for this as time is running out. I'm not convinced Oxford are that tough both mentally and physically and we can take advantage of this. I'm sticking my neck out sod it, 1-0 to the Gulls. A much better performance and a great defensive display. COME ON YOU YELLOWS!!! 4 POINTS FROM THESE NEXT 2 GAMES ARE VITAL!! :scarf:
Forest gull
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Steve Cooper
Watches from: Pop side

Post by Forest gull »

austrianandygull wrote:Accrington sign Francis Jeffers. That's them and York out of it then so just us, Plymouth, Barnet, Aldershot and Wimbledon to fight it out. Surely there are 2 worse teams in there than us?
Theyve had Beattie all season, and they are still struggling. There is a reason Jeffers is signing for Accrington........... :|
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

I'd rather have Beattie and Jeffers than Jarvis, Bodin and Benyon though.
coley in stripes
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by coley in stripes »

Andy, Come on, too early to be defeatist. We will win today, they won't
Forest gull
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by Forest gull »

austrianandygull wrote:I'd rather have Beattie and Jeffers than Jarvis, Bodin and Benyon though.
MMMMM lets see at the end of the season, hope your wrong.
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

coley wrote:Andy, Come on, too early to be defeatist. We will win today, they won't
Coley, i,ve said i think we'll win a few posts up mate. :-D

Anyway, Accrington have brought in Jeffers to play as a striker. We've brought in nobody ( apart from Benyon who won't score for us if he played until the last game ) so at least they are trying to solve a problem. Obviously it's far easier for them to bring in players because of where they are based but they are doing it and not just talking about doing it.
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

gday everyone! :engflag:

COYY!!
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Sponsors of Lirak Hasani, 2024-2025
We now head Due South to all games!

TUST Member 468

AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

Anyway, let's forget about all that and COME ON YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOU YELLOWS!!!
Forest gull
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by Forest gull »

come on yoooooo yellloooooowwwwwwwwws
Wisconsin_gull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Mr Chappell

Post by Wisconsin_gull »

Morning campers, above freesing here (first time since December - spring is on its way and our form is about to change with the seasons)
Just seen the team on the BBC - Downes back, new lad JL in the midfield, should be solid platform for the deadly duo aka Howe Benyon.
Feeling ok for a result today especially with the March Madness incentive scheme in place!

COYY
At the kerb halt - look right - look left -look right again - if all clear quick march!
Forest gull
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by Forest gull »

Joss had a shot............