crawley it is then..

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
westbaygull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by westbaygull »

Fletch wrote:To be quite honest guys (and gals), if someone had said to you at the start of the season "Would you like to be in the 4th round of the FA Cup with a home draw against a non league team?" how many of us would have said "Ooeerr, not sure about that?"
Surely its got to be the best chance we have ever had of getting to the 5th round? :-D :-D
Too true - and the fact it's Crawley gives it an extra edge in my opinion. Would like nothing more than to see Evans and co well and truly humiliated, and for us to be in the 5th round draw; although obviously the flip side of that is that it will be unbearable if... :O

Must confess to letting out a small 'eek' when I saw that they still have David Hunt there on loan from Bees. Much as I love him, I would hope that he tweaks a hamstring before the game.
Dave_Pougher
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Mansell

Post by Dave_Pougher »

One nice thing you can say about Evans (if that's possible for just a brief moment) he has actually got the whole TQY fans singing the same song!

Just realised if we where to win and then win in the 5th round we'd be in the 1/4 finals! Somebody pass me the oxygen!

Of course if we where to win that and then the next and then the next we'd be bringing th cup home. Maybe I am getting ahead of myself.
cambgull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: All Of Them

Post by cambgull »

Dave_Pougher wrote:One nice thing you can say about Evans (if that's possible for just a brief moment) he has actually got the whole TQY fans singing the same song!

Just realised if we where to win and then win in the 5th round we'd be in the 1/4 finals! Somebody pass me the oxygen!

Of course if we where to win that and then the next and then the next we'd be bringing th cup home. Maybe I am getting ahead of myself.
Really?! :rofl:

I think we should probably worry about getting through each round before we worry about winning the one after. In all honesty, I really cant see Crawley as being up for it. They must be pretty disappointed by getting us in the next round and that could work in our favour. This is probably our best chance of getting to the 5th round ever.
Luke.

"Successful applicants need not apply"
SLC Crawley
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by SLC Crawley »

cambgull wrote: Really?! :rofl:

I think we should probably worry about getting through each round before we worry about winning the one after. In all honesty, I really cant see Crawley as being up for it. They must be pretty disappointed by getting us in the next round and that could work in our favour. This is probably our best chance of getting to the 5th round ever.
Not being 'up' for getting to the 5th round of the FA Cup. Hmmm okay.
SLC Crawley
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by SLC Crawley »

A lot of you are belittling the support of a team whose average attendances are up 75% on last year, and who, the last time we played, were still in the midst of the post Majeed malais that saw us lose half of our fanbase.

You re on a different planet if you think we ll bring small numbers. This is our best cup run ever and people are well up for it. From early chats I genuinely expect us to bring 1,000 minimum.

As for matters on the pitch, already beaten Swindon away and Derby at home, so a trip to Plainmoor doesn t hold any fear for us at all given that we re by far the best team in the Conference this year. I fear you may get a nasty surprise, and given some of the arrogance already on show on this forum it will be richly deserved!

As for the TV thing, I can t see it, not with you guys having home advantage.
westbaygull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by westbaygull »

We're not arrogant, we just detest your management duo.

Have you seen Hunty play, I hear he's doing well for you?
CTFC
Trialist
Trialist

Post by CTFC »

Southampton Gull wrote:
Mav, their capacity is 4000, I think they will surprise anyone expecting just a couple of hundred to turn up.

We were just a couple of hundred short of our capacity, Derby didn't sell their allocation. We would expect to bring 1000+, last time we went on a good cup run we drew Brighton and took 8000 to the Goldstone.

CTFC
SLC Crawley
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by SLC Crawley »

CTFC wrote:
We were just a couple of hundred short of our capacity, Derby didn't sell their allocation. We would expect to bring 1000+, last time we went on a good cup run we drew Brighton and took 8000 to the Goldstone.

CTFC
... and 2,000 to Hayes. I mean... Hayes FFS!
westbaygull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by westbaygull »

Hold me back, lads.... :evil:

:)
SLC Crawley
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by SLC Crawley »

westbaygull wrote:We're not arrogant, we just detest your management duo.

Have you seen Hunty play, I hear he's doing well for you?
Only seen him for a few mins off the bench so too early to judge. Any chance you can sell Benyon before we play you?
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

westbaygull wrote:Hold me back, lads.... :evil:

:)

i can see his point jane....... :rofl: :lol:
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Sponsors of Lirak Hasani, 2024-2025
We now head Due South to all games!

TUST Member 468

HRG
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by HRG »

By far the best team or by far spent the most?
Hmmmmm.
And as for arrogant I've been listening to your lot on the radio all day. Pot, kettle.
Should be a good, entertaining match though. And a bit of banter will help things along :)
Just wish I could be there.
SLC Crawley
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by SLC Crawley »

Both mate. ;-)

We've got spending power most clubs (yourselves included) can only dream of - we really should be the best team in the Conf.
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

Hmm, by far the best team in the Conference? The table begs to differ.

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
HRG
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by HRG »

We'd all like a rich investor but it's always more satisfying to earn your place than to buy it.
And what Matt said.
Nice to see my brother's team top of the BSP ;-) :)