Next Weekend

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Mo Gull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Mansell

Post by Mo Gull »

I don't know if the BBC prediction table is wrong cos I can't see anyone that has mentioned this, but from what i can see Dag and York don't need to draw for us to go down. It's a long shot, but if all the teams below us win, and Dag win 1-0, then we can go down if we lose 6-0. I know it's not likely, but it's worth seeing all the possible ways we can do the unthinkable, imo. No one will think it's crazy if we're 2-0 at half time and Daggers are 1-0 up.

Feel free to correct me if i'm wrong.
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

OK so how about a poll to find out which team is favourite for relegation? I'd vote for Wimbledon, though I wouldn't actually want them to go down.
RussianGull
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by RussianGull »

Gullscorer wrote:OK so how about a poll to find out which team is favourite for relegation? I'd vote for Wimbledon, though I wouldn't actually want them to go down.
Got to be Barnet, they're always there thereabouts, give them a stint in non-league knock Davids down a peg or two.
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

I meant, which team d'you think will go down, not who you want to go down.. :)
Of course, we could have a poll for both options...
RussianGull
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by RussianGull »

Gullscorer wrote:I meant, which team d'you think will go down, not who you want to go down.. :)
Of course, we could have a poll for both options...
In that case, I think Aldershot will go down :~D
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

Back in the day, after the barber had f*ck*d up your crowning glory, he would say something along the lines of "something for the weekend sir?"

When I have my patchy grade 3 reduced to a grade 1 on Friday and I'm asked the age old question I will reply with this :

"An undefeated one, thank you."
Friend of TorquayFans.com
Member of the Month November 2020
Southampton Gull: "Well deserved"
standupsitdown
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Watches from: Pop side

Post by standupsitdown »

Dave_Pougher wrote:http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/22245167

Is my Maths cack or have I missed something re Wimbledon?
It's a bit worrying if Knill thinks all we have to do is avoid losing by about eight. Hopefully BBC have got both the quote wrong as well as the permutations.
chippygull
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Kevin Nicholson

Post by chippygull »

Maybe.... Now out to 101-1 with Corals!!!
Fate: A police dog called Bryn bit Torquay player Jim McNichol and the time while he was receiving treatment was added onto the end of the second half.
standupsitdown
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by standupsitdown »

Barnet have sold their 1300 tickets for Northampton - for their annual must win the last match to stay up.
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

standupsitdown wrote:Barnet have sold their 1300 tickets for Northampton - for their annual must win the last match to stay up.
At first I thought Wimbledon would be the team to go down, but I now believe Barnet have used up all their nine lives. Northampton will want to win this just as much as Barnet do.
Plymgull
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by Plymgull »

I'm not so sure about that, personally i want Barnet to go down with Aldershot, but in 12 meetings Northampton have only beaten them twice. Also if Northampton fans are to be believed then they will be resting several key players on Saturday ready for the playoffs. Not to mention Barnet are taking more fans away than they normally get at home. :whistle:

I can see Barnet beating Northampton as well as Wimbledon beating Fleetwood. Although i only see us getting a draw (which is enough) i also see York beating the Daggers.

P.S I'm terrible at predictions.
Forest gull
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Steve Cooper

Post by Forest gull »

OMG smiffy stop it, im feeling nervous enough as it is. We all fear that if ther is one club out there that could norse it all up, we are it !!!!!!
standupsitdown
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by standupsitdown »

yellowsmiffy wrote:Am I the only one that is really nervous about Saturday!?? I am convinced that York and Daggers will draw just to make everything that much more nervy. IMO Argyle will win, Wimbledon will win, and I reckon Barnet have a decent chance as Cobblers will surely rest some key players as mentioned above.

It would be classic Torquay to lose, and for us to all be checking our phones at 90 minutes and waiting for them to announce the final results on the speakers. Praying we get at least a point so this doesn't become a reality!
I think the same - I think there's a high chance that all the other games will go agaisnt us and we'll need that point. Am a bit concerned that there seems to bew too much complaceny at in the club, thinking we are already safe - we must approach the game looking for a win and playing as if our future depends on it - I just dread thinking we're safe, then letting in a last minute goal just as Barnet score their winner.
taxilady
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Micky Cave RIP

Post by taxilady »

Don't you lot dare turn this forum into the Argyle one! If you read that, you'll scarcely find one optimistic post; doom & gloom extraordinaire!I've been saying since January that Torquay will NOT be relegated. Yes, it's gone to the wire, & whoever thought that it wouldn't? Really looking forward to the Rovers match. Of course we've got to fight, but what makes you think that Alan Knill, Chris Brass, Manse & all the others don't know that? They've been fighting for most of their recent games, & it took me a couple of days to recover after the Barnet match because they battled very well! I was hoarse! (Not horse, in case some of you can't read!) Same again on Saturday please! COYYs ! :scarf:
We'll Be Back ! TTID

TUST share number 066
Behind-the-Gulls
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by Behind-the-Gulls »

POY ceremony won't be held before kick-off as distraction acording to Knill(Herald Express).
Totally agree with this and shows Knill is getting the players in the right frame of mind for Saturday.
Herald also say POY vote closest for several seasons-Poke,Saah,Downes,Howe and Mansell all received plenty of votes.