PSF Thread - Hereford v Torquay

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

How did Pearce and Deamon play super?
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
supergulls
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Aaron Downes

Post by supergulls »

To be fair I didn't think there was anything between them and they both did just ok... Nothing fantastic nothing wrong if that makes sense.
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

Who is Deamon?
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
supergulls
Skipper
Skipper

Post by supergulls »

AustrianAndyGull wrote:Who is Deamon?

Lol where have you been for the last 2 days Andy
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

On the sofa poorly. Seriously though, who is Daemon?
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

**** me I have seen some threads on this board. I thought the Rob Farkins one was the best ever but jesus some people are debating whether we should change the penalty taker cause we missed one in a pre season friendly. Do have the people on this boards live in bed sits or something. Its actualy the summer and quite nice weather - get out and do something. If you can't do without football take in a local game as I did today.
I am sort of lost though - if we are trialling Deaman, why take him off and bring on a bloke who we have already signed. Its the silly season all right.
supergulls
Skipper
Skipper

Post by supergulls »

Sorry to hear you have been unwell pal, jack deamon is a young lad that has been released from Birmingham City and has been on trial with us for the last few days
PlainmoorRoar
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by PlainmoorRoar »

How did our former RB do for Hereford?
TUFC FACEBOOK PAGE - https://www.facebook.com/insideplainmoor
TUFC TWITTER PAGE - https://twitter.com/TUFC1899

Torquay United Supporters Trust member - Join the TUST now!
supergulls
Skipper
Skipper

Post by supergulls »

I thought he had a fair game, I think he was well up for it
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

supergulls wrote:Sorry to hear you have been unwell pal, jack deamon is a young lad that has been released from Birmingham City and has been on trial with us for the last few days
Cheers supergulls. :-D
Fonda
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Super Jason Fowler

Post by Fonda »

brucie wrote:f**k me I have seen some threads on this board. I thought the Rob Farkins one was the best ever but jesus some people are debating whether we should change the penalty taker cause we missed one in a pre season friendly. Do have the people on this boards live in bed sits or something. Its actualy the summer and quite nice weather - get out and do something. If you can't do without football take in a local game as I did today.
I am sort of lost though - if we are trialling Deaman, why take him off and bring on a bloke who we have already signed. Its the silly season all right.
Don't know if this little outburst was aimed at me, but I don't recall suggesting the penalty taker should be changed - certainly not on the basis of missing one today. My point was, considering how average his performances were last season, he appears to have reaped a lot of rewards - choice of shirt number, choice of position and now he's on pens. Must have a good contract.
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."
supergulls
Skipper
Skipper

Post by supergulls »

To be honest his penalty last week was very cocky and he waited untill the keeper went down and rolled it in and I mean rolled it. He tried the same today and come unstuck I would hope in a league game he used a bit more force
Kit_robin
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by Kit_robin »

And indeed the one against Rotherham last year was as good a penalty as you will ever see; struck hard to the keepers left, clipping the post.

And I hardly think he's been 'picking his position'. Throughout his whole youth and reserve career, and his first few pro games at Swindon, he was a forward. It was only since he started playing senior football more regularly that he's played wide - for us and Crewe. Even when he played a few games user di canio at Swindon, some appearances off the bench were up front.

As it is obviously his preferred position, why is it so terrible that he asked knill if he could be considered in that role? Perhaps he felt knill may only know of him from his senior days, and presume he has always been a winger?

It's hardly like he's demanded to play there and had a massive strop when he hasn't been allowed. He has played up front for 30 minutes against the marines, and for most of the game against Hereford. All the other games he has played wide. I imagine knill has only played him up front in these games because we are short of bodies up front. Or because it would be worth looking at a player in his preferred position.

And how on earth does asking for a particular number and getting it mean anything at all? If you're rubbish for a year you shouldn't have your preferred number? Why?

This post lasted longer than it was meant to, but billy should only be criticised for his performances IF he underperforms, not because he's had the gall to request a particular squad number!
Fonda
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Super Jason Fowler

Post by Fonda »

:-D
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."
Dutchgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Eunan O'Kane
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Dutchgull »

I think Billy's best role is as an out and out striker anyway ...