The Positive Thread

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

Gullscorer wrote:This thread represents the triumph of hope over experience.

Which is positive..

Or not..
Not really. For all the bleating by some "wise old heads" on here about how the warning signs of impending relegation are there for all to see, we've only actually ever been relegated from this division once, and that season was immeasurably more of a shambles than this one could ever be, so I really don't know where this idea comes from.

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

So what we're saying is that for Torquay, staving off relegation year on year is a success Matt? So on that basis as we're not yet in the bottom 2 Knill is overachieving? :na:
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend

Post by ferrarilover »

It's not success, but it's pretty much maintainance of the status quo.

Matt.
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

As long as he didn't actually SEE Status Quo, that's the important point. I wouldn't wish that on my worst enemy, even on prisoners!
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

The Positive Thread

On a positive note our fanbase are nothing like Cambridge United's..............................oh wait.
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Scott Brehaut »

AustrianAndyGull wrote:As long as he didn't actually SEE Status Quo, that's the important point. I wouldn't wish that on my worst enemy, even on prisoners!
Andy, at the moment all that's happening is we are going down, down, deeper and down. Juan can watch whatever he wants, as long as he starts throwing those defeats down the dustpipe and, instead of roll(ing) over (and) lay(ing) down, we start winning and, ultimately, rocking all over the world.

Right, with that, I'll get me coat.

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

No need mate, i'll get it for you.............. :slap: :lol:
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Scott Brehaut »

The fact that you recongised them as Quo songs makes you just as bad as me so :na: to you mate.

STIP
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

I just presumed................ :}
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Scott Brehaut »

AustrianAndyGull wrote:I just presumed................ :}
:rofl:

STIP
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Colin Bettany

Post by tomogull »

ferrarilover wrote: Not really. For all the bleating by some "wise old heads" on here about how the warning signs of impending relegation are there for all to see, we've only actually ever been relegated from this division once, and that season was immeasurably more of a shambles than this one could ever be, so I really don't know where this idea comes from. Matt.
I'm not quite sure what you're trying to prove here, but whilst the stats show we've only been relegated once to the Conference, we've had more lives than the proverbial cat. We've escaped the Trap Door by the skin of our teeth several times, thanks to firefighters such as Ian Atkins, Neil Warnock, Colin Lee and Stevenage's cr*p ground which denied them promotion from the Conference and even a police dog called Bryn. And this doesn't include the pre-automatic relegation days when teams at the bottom of the league had to apply for re-election. Thanks to 'old pals' who probably enjoyed a day out in Torquay, we survived.

Us 'wise old heads' (not sure about the wise) have seen it all - that's why we're gibbering wrecks - and I can tell you that apart from the goddam awful Dave Webb and Chris Roberts seasons, what we have seen this season is about as bad as it gets. I really, really hope that Alan Knill can turn it around because I think that most of the players on our books are better than our current league position. But the big question is - can Knill get them playing joined up football? In my opinion, he's got until January to do it otherwise there has to be a change because I don't want to see the club in another relegation dogfight which we might not be lucky enough to survive. Whereas a young whipper-snapper like you may still be around to see the team return to the league, for old dogs like me and Wivel, we probably wouldn't be around to see it. :Z
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend

Post by ferrarilover »

Yes, we've come close before, of course, but we've only actually been relegated once, and that is absolutely the crux of the matter.
This can't possibly be the worst season you can recall. We are, by and large, matching teams (whether that's because they're equally as bad as us or because we're equally as good as them is irrelevant) we're just not winning the games. If we were in Accrington's position of getting well and truly smashed about in all departments, beaten comprehensively every week and without a hope of staying up. We aren't there, we aren't anywhere near there, we're just a click, a spark, an AFCW away from being alright and the difference between those two situations, while only three league points, is as big as the difference between two things which are extremely dissimilar.

Matt.
Gulliball
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Gulliball »

Gulliball wrote:I am coming home for the next two weeks, and will watch the next 3 games. When I did this last year we got 6 points from 9.
Don't worry, we lost the first game last year too, then won the next two. It's in the bag.
www.torquayfanstats.com
Twitter: @torquayfanstats
chunkygull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: david graham

Post by chunkygull »

Scott Brehaut wrote: Andy, at the moment all that's happening is we are going down, down, deeper and down. Juan can watch whatever he wants, as long as he starts throwing those defeats down the dustpipe and, instead of roll(ing) over (and) lay(ing) down, we start winning and, ultimately, rocking all over the world.

Right, with that, I'll get me coat.
by AustrianAndyGull » Today, 14:11

No need mate, i'll get it for you..............

by Scott Brehaut » Today, 14:16

The fact that you recongised them as Quo songs makes you just as bad as me so to you mate.
whilst some have called him the clown, i think alan knill is just a bit of a wanderer. it was the board that said to him You're Just What I Was Looking For Today, but soon they will say we Can't Give You More, you lost the love. knill must be thinking lately, oh baby,theres Something Going on in My Head. alan is known to be accident prone and he does seem to be making mistakes again and again.

we need to start getting results alan, or we could find ourselves drifting away, it could be Over and Done, but, The Party Ain't Over Yet, you need to act before its Too Far Gone, That's a Fact, we need a Ring of a Change, you have to ask yourself What to Do, Is There a Better Way, it needs some Good Thinking, show us you have the stones for it, a few good wins will Ease Your Mind, and we will be Fine Fine Fine, the fans will stop giving you a hard time, you will get a Softer Ride and when things start Getting Better, I'm Giving Up My Worryin'.

if things dont change we could end up with Nothing at All and you will be burning bridges, you may end up a very
Lonely Man, possibly even a Broken Man.

thankyou, im here all week. :~D
You are my torquay, my only torquay, you make me happy when skies are grey, you'll never know, just, how much i love you, so don't take my torquay away.
(laa, laa, - laaaa, - la, la, - laa, laa, - laaaa, - la, la. - la,la,la,la,la, - la,la,la,la....).