Morecambe Match - GAME ON!!

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

Some Morecambe fans complaining about having to travel not knowing if the games is on or off. They should be grateful simply for the chance to visit a half-decent seaside resort and the possibility of a few shrimps in the rock pools.. =D
taxilady
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Micky Cave RIP
Watches from: Pop side

Post by taxilady »

have some sympathy for them; we were told on the way to Dagenham that the match might be off. Felt gutted, but it was ok eventually.Presumably they'd go to SJP instead ?
We'll Be Back ! TTID

TUST share number 066
hector
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: jim mcnichol

Post by hector »

Fonda wrote: So if Geoff Harrop has all these qualities, he should be in with a shout of the job.
I suppose that is true but too often clubs plump for the caretaker on the basis of a good or couple of good results and then it all ends in tears.
Magpiegull
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by Magpiegull »

Just spoken with club again - match is ON
taxilady
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Micky Cave RIP
Watches from: Pop side

Post by taxilady »

That's why the line was busy !!!! Yay!!!!! COYYs
We'll Be Back ! TTID

TUST share number 066
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

The line has been busy since half nine.
PaulR
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by PaulR »

Not confirmed yet by the club!!
http://www.rockettrides.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Still not saying the game is on according to the recorded message on the phone which still refres to the pitch inspection.
Is the game DEFINATELY on - what did they say when you spoke tem. Still no reply from the ground. I have to travel and need to make a decision within the next fifteen minutes. If its not confirmed anywhere I won't be going - four of us making the trip thats will be another £100 + the club will lose.
Colorado Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Colorado Gull »

Morecambe official on twitter have confirmed that the game is on, I'd wish the club would be a little more forward in telling us what was going on!!
Formerly dannyrvtufc4life.
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Now confrimed and I have phoned the club - Game IS ON!!
Magpiegull
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by Magpiegull »

Now on OS
tauntongull
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Aaron Downes

Post by tauntongull »

Communication has never really been a strong point of the club. In the age of modern technology with access to the internet available everywhere - hoe difficult can it be to put up a simple one line statement.

Another way to alienate fans and lose revenue. Understand your customers. Surely the club understand to importance of making this decision public as soon as possible for those travelling. I will never understand why clubs don't call off games the night before - I personally would rather do something with my day rather than waiting for someone to play Russian roulette with my day. Come on TUFC - must do better! I share the Morecambe fans frustration having travelled all the way to Crewe on the advice fro Crewe that the game was on only to find the team coach coming the other way 10 minutes before getting to the ground. Only to arrive, be told the game was off and then have to turn the car around and drive straight back.

Come on Football League this is one if my major gripes and we must sort it out as the weather is not going to go away!
May not be the original, but I am the best 'TauntonGull' .... See I can do signatures too, coz I am a real boy!
Colorado Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Colorado Gull »

Gullscorer wrote:Need to amend the title of this thread..

Done. COYY
Formerly dannyrvtufc4life.