Goodbye Football League....Hello Conference

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Colin Bettany

Post by tomogull »

AustrianAntheaGull wrote:I'm looking forward to Grimsby (hopefully in Aug / Sep for a weekend out by the Humber in Cleg Vegas), Lincoln when I've promised myself I'm going to get battered and go on the train for once, Alfreton who surely can't go up can they?! Would be just my luck that a team 10 minutes away and who play in a village the size of my genitals go up into the football league.

Nuneaton is not far, Chester for the Roman ambience, a sh*t York if you like. Hopefully Halifax if my car will get up the hills, the Macc Lads revisited, Kiddy too, Wrecsam, hopefully North Ferriby but if not Telford. Plus some southern games like Braintree and Salisbury. To be honest, it's real honest non league football at league 1 prices. What's not to like?!!
Might even be Harrogate, Andy. A nice day out by the sea for a Yorkshire lad like you ! :)
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

There's a thought: Harrogate-on-sea.. A bit like spending a seaside holiday in Crediton: a long walk to the beach..!! :)
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

Gullscorer wrote:There's a thought: Harrogate-on-sea.. A bit like spending a seaside holiday in Crediton: a long walk to the beach..!! :)
but not as posh as Harrogate....
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Sponsors of Lirak Hasani, 2024-2025
We now head Due South to all games!

TUST Member 468

tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Colin Bettany

Post by tomogull »

SuperNickyWroe wrote: but not as posh as Harrogate....
ARRRGH !! You miserable b*stards mocking a poor old git who has a senile moment concerning the geography of Yorkshire !!!! I was obviously getting mixed up with er, um ...... SCARBOROUGH !! That's in Yorkshire and on the coast, isn't it ? Right - time for me tablets ...... :Oops: :Oops:
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

:lol:
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

anybody think we aint gong down now?

no, thought not...
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Sponsors of Lirak Hasani, 2024-2025

TUST Member 468

Burnhamgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Burnhamgull »

SuperNickyWroe wrote:anybody think we aint gong down now?

no, thought not...
Hang fire......some deluded idiot will be on here later to say it's still possible.
TUFC never fails to let its fanbase down.

27/08/18 - Time to step back from this shambles and focus on things in life that make me happy. TUFC doesn't.
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

Burnhamgull wrote: Hang fire......some deluded idiot will be on here later to say it's still possible.
they probably will mate. =D

TUST Member 468

stefano
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Don Mills

Post by stefano »

Burnhamgull wrote: Hang fire......some deluded idiot will be on here later to say it's still possible.
Only one hope!

Mr Knill (who we sacked) got 7 points from his last 5 games with us (easily enough to stay up).

Our new manager (who is still here) has got 3 points from his last 5 games, and has taken us from the 1 point from safety we were when he stepped in to 8 points from safety.

Our new manager seems to think he is running a pub team, he picks his underperforming mates week in and week out, then I assume in order to address the problem that we just cannot score a goal he signs a young striker who scored a hat trick against Barcelona and has attracted interest from several top clubs in Spain, Italy, and Germany ... and puts him on the bench.

You couldn't make it up .... and the solution is not rocket science (hate that expression but it just fits!).

In 2006 we were in a similar position to the one we find ourselves in now with 6 games to go. We sacked our manager and appointed experience which got us out of it with an incredible run of results. Whilst it would be improbable that lightning could strike twice, there is unlikely to be even a gentle shower if we stick with what we have got.

If anybody seriously believes our present manager will lead us out of the Conference then I am afraid you are right. Conference South will be first (probably achieved in only one season) and then whatever is below that.

So 6 games to go. Remember 2006 ..... and over to you Mrs Bristow :keepie:
Dave_Pougher
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Mansell

Post by Dave_Pougher »

SuperNickyWroe wrote: they probably will mate. =D
Pick anyone from the assistant manager upwards,,,,,,,

oops nearly forgot certain players that have been playing for a contract next year that would NEVER have got one had we stayed up.

So pissed off right now, I honestly would consider a complete clean sweep and start again next year so the retributions don't continue!
tufcbrett
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Who gets us a win!

Post by tufcbrett »

The main problem for me is with CH In charge Nicho, stevens, benyon and Mansell will be offered new 5 year contracts to be our hopes in the conference.

He needs to grow a pair and upset his mates.
Gloomy Gull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Watches from: Pop side

Post by Gloomy Gull »

:
stefano wrote: Only one hope!

Mr Knill (who we sacked) got 7 points from his last 5 games with us (easily enough to stay up).

Our new manager (who is still here) has got 3 points from his last 5 games, and has taken us from the 1 point from safety we were when he stepped in to 8 points from safety.

Our new manager seems to think he is running a pub team, he picks his underperforming mates week in and week out, then I assume in order to address the problem that we just cannot score a goal he signs a young striker who scored a hat trick against Barcelona and has attracted interest from several top clubs in Spain, Italy, and Germany ... and puts him on the bench.

You couldn't make it up .... and the solution is not rocket science (hate that expression but it just fits!).

In 2006 we were in a similar position to the one we find ourselves in now with 6 games to go. We sacked our manager and appointed experience which got us out of it with an incredible run of results. Whilst it would be improbable that lightning could strike twice, there is unlikely to be even a gentle shower if we stick with what we have got.

If anybody seriously believes our present manager will lead us out of the Conference then I am afraid you are right. Conference South will be first (probably achieved in only one season) and then whatever is below that.

:goodpost:

Although I would not expect Thea to put her hand in her pocket to support any of what we will be left with.
Last edited by Gloomy Gull on 29 Mar 2014, 18:05, edited 1 time in total.
Neal
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Neal »

Lost confidence in Hargreaves. Signs a striker and doesn't play him. He prefers Hawley, absolutely ridiculous. We can't score!!!! Havnt you worked that out yet and Hawley can't head and can't beat a player , and plays 90% of each game I have seen with his back to the goal. And has scored a couple of goals all f ing season.

Also why play the useless Harding ahead of Lathrope.

I said it on a previous thread, no chance next season. The season after maybe if we then clear out. Including the manager. You could have given a contract to any non league manager on probably half the salary and they couldn't have done much worse.

I watched Basingstoke v Dorchester today, football crap but both teams and management put in a shift.
TUST MEMBER
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

Neal wrote:Lost confidence in Hargreaves. Signs a striker and doesn't play him. He prefers Hawley, absolutely ridiculous. We can't score!!!! Havnt you worked that out yet and Hawley can't head and can't beat a player , and plays 90% of each game I have seen with his back to the goal. And has scored a couple of goals all f ing season.

Also why play the useless Harding ahead of Lathrope.

I said it on a previous thread, no chance next season. The season after maybe if we then clear out. Including the manager. You could have given a contract to any non league manager on probably half the salary and they couldn't have done much worse.

I watched Basingstoke v Dorchester today, football crap but both teams and management put in a shift.
well, im sorry to say i never had it.

TUST Member 468

hector
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: jim mcnichol

Post by hector »

stefano wrote: Only one hope!

How many points did Knill get from his last three games? The five games previous to that? His 40 odd games in charge? You foolishly try and project a fictitious points total from 5 handpicked games of Knill, yet utterly overlook the ACTUAL points the clown actually managed to acquire when putting us in this mess. Hargreaves has done no better (although handpick five of his games and you could probably come up with a similar scenario) but by pretending Knill would have done enough when we were utter garbage under him is just stupid.

This time it is too late. The team Alan Knill left us, however well or otherwise supplemented, is never going to go on the sort of run that Atkins inspired 8 years ago.