Benyon - Swindon

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
ChrisBarsby
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by ChrisBarsby »

Where did you hear 135k?

Considering his age, and his potential, I'd imagine there's gonna be a sell-on fee and some appearance/goals addons
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

ChrisBarsby wrote:Where did you hear 135k?

Considering his age, and his potential, I'd imagine there's gonna be a sell-on fee and some appearance/goals addons
there better be. :@
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Sponsors of Lirak Hasani, 2024-2025
We now head Due South to all games!

TUST Member 468

HRG
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by HRG »

I should hope so. Not nearly enough on its own.
ChrisBarsby
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by ChrisBarsby »

The adver will no doubt have some sort of idea of what the deal is, I'll let you know when they update us on that.
TUFC92
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by TUFC92 »

Have to say that if this is true, the more I think about it the more dissapointing it becomes.

135k for a player Buckle's worked on for what, 4 years now? From a player who couldn't get into our starting line up in the conference to a player who is now good enough for league one?

Completely agree with Fonda, it is why we won't go anywhere, yes we are a selling club and I think most people understand that, but just because you're a selling club doesn't mean you let your best players go for peanuts!

Look at the lot up the road, how much they got for Moxey etc, and we get 135k for Benyon? And Austin worth 1.2 million, if he is worth that then Benyon is worth a hell of a lot more than 135k! Can see us sliding down the table now, although I rate Kee I don't think he will score the amount of goals Benyon does, and I don't think it is going to be easy to get another player in that will do the job Benyon did either.

Really dissapointed :(
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

It#s given us some money to make some signings of our own though so I'm not disappointed at all.
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
cosmic74
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Lee Mansell
Watches from: Pop side

Post by cosmic74 »

£135K for basically our only proven striker....... The future is not bright!!!

Surely we have not let him go for peanuts, without having some sort of replacement waiting in the wings!

:rofl:
I live for matchdays!!!!
Fonda
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Super Jason Fowler

Post by Fonda »

Southampton Gull wrote:It#s given us some money to make some signings of our own though so I'm not disappointed at all.
Unfortunately we're unlikely to find another club stupid enough to sell us a player of equal quality for a similarly derisory figure.
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."
yellowforever
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Our next signing

Post by yellowforever »

Yes, it would have been nice getting more, but if the club reinvests a bit of the money they've got from this, i trust Buckle to come up with replacement. Add ons could take this up to around £175k potentially which isn't half bad.
"We are now so far up sh*t creek our boat is actually poking out the end of someones toilet bowl."
Brucie. 27/02/14
ChrisBarsby
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by ChrisBarsby »

Do know how you guys feel in losing players for much below their market value. We seem to have a major habit of doing it. Lost Sean Morrison for 250k to Reading, which he was worth more than. Whilst it was a release clause he wanted to sign a new contract, I think that someone with his potential he was worth at least 400k.
Boom Boom
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Paul Buckle

Post by Boom Boom »

Have I missed something? He's DEFINITELY gone? Says who? Are we taking Swindon's rumour site as concrete evidence? 135K with a 50% sell on clause would be brilliant.
ChrisBarsby
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by ChrisBarsby »

Also, our board are normally quite generous with sell on fee's. Normally at least 20%, I believe it was up to 40% sell on fee for to Poole in the Austin deal!
numpte
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Me

Post by numpte »

£135 with sell ons is ok. As they're a bigger club, Swindon will have a greater bargaining power in negotiating bigger deals so if benners does the business and they sell him for £1.2 m like Austin and were on 25% thats ok by me.

Of course, if we havnt lined anyone up, its madness.
TUST #324
yellowforever
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Our next signing

Post by yellowforever »

Buckle would be mad not to have lined someone else up. After all, he's always got a plan b for things.... :rofl:
"We are now so far up sh*t creek our boat is actually poking out the end of someones toilet bowl."
Brucie. 27/02/14
BlueYellow
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by BlueYellow »

yellowforever wrote:Buckle would be mad not to have lined someone else up. After all, he's always got a plan b for things.... :rofl:

I believe he is in plymouth in march, no good for us then!