Player ineligible to play last night - CONFIRMED

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

MidDevon wrote:Southampton Gull....just wanted to point out how much it appeared to effect him, that is a positive thing in my view

I would also say that as a Chairman we need him to concentrate on driving the club forward by dealing in strategy, seeking financial backing, dealing with the business plan to get the stand built etc, I do not think we could ever expect the chairman to ensure we register players correctly, that clearly is not his job either....he pays someone to do the administration correctly.

Finally we should remember that, as far as I am aware, an unregistered player is an uninsured player, the consequencies of that last night could have been much more devastating than a 3 or 4 point reduction.

I never said it was his fault that we fielded an ineligible player and I fully realise the implications, but you highlight the main cause for my concern, namely that is he really the person to drive us forward and does he have any kind of strategy in place, because from what we've witnessed over the last few months my answer is an emphatic NO.
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

Southampton Gull wrote:I'm pretty sure that this whole episode could actually help us in a strange way.

If he stays with us I'm hoping he channels his anger into his work and fires the players up enough to perform a whole lot better than of late. Added to that I would hope that the fans get behind him and give him the kind of support he hasn't really had in his time with us.

He's had to endure an awful lot that most fans aren't aware of, interference from Colin Lee, that had more of an impact on his ability to do his job than people can possibly imagine, factions within the Board, and now incompetence from club officials. Let the man do his job, support him and reap the rewards, he's doing an excellent job as far as I'm concerned, with very little help from above.
Spot on

We can start supporting him by posting some comments on here to counter-act the negative muppets which have already left their opinions:

http://www.thisissouthdevon.co.uk/tufc/ ... ticle.html
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
CP Gull

Post by CP Gull »

A quick search on Google has turned up this - which I think may give us an answer to where the problem lies ...

"8.15am: (January 31) It sworth tidying up some details surrounding the ramifications for anytransfers which take place today: Players must be registered by noon inorder to play tomorrow. Obviously the deadline is 11pm tonight"

That is presumably why the likes of Matt Green (Oxford to Cheltenham) was able to play for Cheltenham last night as that happened early in the morning ... unfortunately as we know, our two lads arrived much, much later than that!!!! :red:

Taken from this website - but also referred to on the Daily Mail site as well

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/s ... ogle.co.uk

So there we have it, they were properly registered - but not in time to play last night! :Oops:
Last edited by CP Gull on 02 Feb 2011, 13:50, edited 2 times in total.
Fonda
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Super Jason Fowler

Post by Fonda »

That is obviously an admin issue - and perhaps Bucks himself needn't have been knowledgable of it - but surely the majority of the people within the club would know such fundamental rules!? It's the kind of stuff that probably gets sent to clubs periodically. I'm surprised a perticular individual has been considered culpable, because it's such a basic rule, i can't believe someone didn't ask "what time did they need to sign, to be elligible for tomorrow's game"? It clearly wouldn't have been hard to find out! Farce.
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Fonda wrote:That is obviously an admin issue - and perhaps Bucks himself needn't have been knowledgable of it - but surely the majority of the people within the club would know such fundamental rules!? It's the kind of stuff that probably gets sent to clubs periodically. I'm surprised a perticular individual has been considered culpable, because it's such a basic rule, i can't believe someone didn't ask "what time did they need to sign, to be elligible for tomorrow's game"? It clearly wouldn't have been hard to find out! Farce.

If..........that's how it happened ;-)
Dave

devington
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by devington »

My apologies as it appears I may have confused the issue by using the words 'not unregistered' instead of ineligible.

They were INELIGIBLE.

What is also shows is the folly of leaving all the deals to the last minutes of the window. I do not understand why so many clubs leave their business until the very last minute when they have had the whole of January to sort it out.
devington
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by devington »

Fonda wrote:That is obviously an admin issue - and perhaps Bucks himself needn't have been knowledgable of it - but surely the majority of the people within the club would know such fundamental rules!? It's the kind of stuff that probably gets sent to clubs periodically. I'm surprised a perticular individual has been considered culpable, because it's such a basic rule, i can't believe someone didn't ask "what time did they need to sign, to be elligible for tomorrow's game"? It clearly wouldn't have been hard to find out! Farce.
The problem is it is one persons responsibility to ensure they are eligible. That is part of their job role and should mean that others within the club don't need to worry about it.
CraigUnder
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by CraigUnder »

i dont know what to believe until there is it confirmed on the OS. it is all confusing about whether he is going .. staying, we need answers.
MidDevon
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Rodney Jack

Post by MidDevon »

I have just re-read the "Inside Plainmoor" article in the Gillingham programme. Page 26-27. The Club Secretary talks about registering players correctly in some detail.

If you have a copy it is worth taking a look
HRG
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by HRG »

Turns out my Papa knew all about this last night and didn't say anything, trying to get some information out of him.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

tufcgull wrote:i dont know what to believe until there is it confirmed on the OS. it is all confusing about whether he is going .. staying, we need answers.

I'd take a guess that in the heat of the moment he felt badly let down and embarrassed, when in the cold light of day he looks back on things he'll carry on but with a more dertermined than ever type of attitude.

HRG wrote:Turns out my Papa knew all about this last night and didn't say anything, trying to get some information out of him.

It was common knowledge last night, albeit late in the day.
Dave

Silvergull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Silvergull »

I'm still confused how this is the case.
My, albeit limited knowledge, suggest that loans have to be completed X working hours before kick off (i forget how many). It's nothing to do with times of day.
In MOST cases, a game is played on Friday. Saturday isn't a working day. Therefore, a noon deadline makes sense as it gives 5 hours to process the paper work.

In this case, the FA had the entire of Tuesday ( a working day) to process the paper work.

Are we 100% certain we cocked up? Surely Tuesday being a working day, and Saturday not, has something to do with this?
Fletch
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Lorz

Post by Fletch »

There is probably confusion between the registration requirement for loan players and requirement for emergency loan players. One needs to be at the FL by midday the day before the game, the other just needs to be there before the game starts (if i understand the FL regulations rightly)
devington
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by devington »

I do believe that it was very much a heat of the moment thing and hopefully after sleeping on it he will realise that his hands are clean on this one. After everything else he has had to put up during his tenure it will be a disgrace if he goes because of someone else's failings.

It does appear that the club is descending back into a Roberts style farce though. Hardly enough players to fill the bench, selling your top scorer right at the last knockings of the window etc..
CP Gull

Post by CP Gull »

I don't know the precise workings of the registration process but at the end of the day the Football League set the rules and (it may have been peculiar to this particular transfer window for all I know) it appears that the ruling was that the paperwork needed to be completed by 12pm on Monday in order for players to be eligible to play on Tuesday evening.

At the end of the day, no matter how daft they may seem, we have to abide by the rules.

I'm sure the club were probably advised in an email ........ er hang on a minute. :!: