Torquay United set for a take over ?

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Chris Myers

Post by lucy6lucy »

nickbrod wrote:Should there be some truth in this story hopefully that puts to rest the fear of part-time or administration?
Some positive vibes going into Saturday's Trophy match would be welcome after recent negativity and uncertainty.
:scarf: let's hope so :goodpost:
Lucy
brooker
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Super Rene Howe

Post by brooker »

I find this all a bit strange. I've just had a really brief flick through the Hayes and Yeading forum, and they're in danger of going into administration unless they can find £300k. Is it not a bit weird that their no. 2 (Who has a pretty impressive c.v. as a coach) apparently has a bit of spare cash, and is looking to chuck it into another club, when things are so stretched financially at the one he's at now?
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Chris Myers

Post by lucy6lucy »

brooker wrote:I find this all a bit strange. I've just had a really brief flick through the Hayes and Yeading forum, and they're in danger of going into administration unless they can find £300k. Is it not a bit weird that their no. 2 (Who has a pretty impressive c.v. as a coach) apparently has a bit of spare cash, and is looking to chuck it into another club, when things are so stretched financially at the one he's at now?
It only happens at Torquay. :keepie:
Lucy
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Well thats bizarre - especially as this bloke is assistant manager at another club? - Pro Direct are based in Newton Abbot though I think so the link there is plausible I suppose. Gawd knows what to think really.
torkie_buoy
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Courtney Cameron

Post by torkie_buoy »

http://www.hyufc.com/teams/management.html

This is the bloke, 6 years at Reading and director of Pro Direct Soccer Academy. More experience than we've got!

"Tristan came to the club as Assistant Manager in 2011/12 after 6 years at Reading FC. Had a brief stint as joint Caretaker Manager ensuring the club was steered to Conference South safety in 2012/13 before becoming Phil Babb's Assistant in 2013/14.

A UEFA A Licence qualified coach who is UK Director of the PRO DIRECT Soccer Academy, Tristan has led teams to ESFA National titles and Conference Youth Alliance titles.

He has developed some fantastic young players in his many years of coaching, many of whom are now playing International Football and are within the professional game themselves. Tristan’s most memorable moments in football include appearing at Wembley as a schoolboy and on a coaching front when he first watched a player he had nurtured through make their international debut for England u18s in a European Qualifier."
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

what is the website address for BPIR - can never find it.
PaulR
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by PaulR »

http://www.rockettrides.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
taxilady
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Micky Cave RIP
Watches from: Pop side

Post by taxilady »

they always get a lot of new applications when something exciting is happening ! :)
We'll Be Back ! TTID

TUST share number 066
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Administration or going part-time is something that personally has not concerned me as fan, it's not something I think has ever been on the cards for the clubs short term future, no matter how selfless our benefactor is, or how well intentioned, or the fact the current stewardship of the club are doing their best, their best isn't good enough, and club is heading for a pretty large sink hole right now, think the one thing we surely must all agree on now, no matter what, the club can not continue on, as it is, with out new investment, or drastic change.

Yes, this does seem odd how the assistant manager of a conference south club appears to be interested in our club, or was he there for another reason and two is being added to two, who knows. If he is interested maybe he's looking at Torquay as good club to further his management career, wouldn't the first time somebody had invested in a football and the appointed themselves manager, not sure I would complain at that, looking at his background just the type of manager I think the club needs, someone who knows his way around the non-league and knows where all the best up and coming young talent is around this level.

Dover should be all the inspiration needed, won again tonight, now only one point of the play-offs, part-time, would love our budget, just proves with the right manager at the right time and situation, what can be achieved, with no money.
Formerly known as forevertufc
Behind-the-Gulls
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by Behind-the-Gulls »

Pro-Direct has expanded significantly in recent times and has a good reputation for the quality of its products and customer service.
They would be a good company to forge close links with-at the very least.
PhilGull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by PhilGull »

What a difference a day makes! This is al sounding quite upbeat and positive (in the context of this forum anyway!)
Gary Johnson's Yellow Army! Yellow Army! Yellow Army!

Your trust needs YOU!
TUST number 084
Behind-the-Gulls
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by Behind-the-Gulls »

Behind-the-Gulls wrote:Pro-Direct has expanded significantly in recent times and has a good reputation for the quality of its products and customer service.
They would be a good company to forge close links with-at the very least.
In fact Pro-Direct are now the largest online football store-and have achieved 85% growth in recent years-not bad for a Newton Abbot based company!
Neal
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Neal »

Im sorry but Im going to dent the positivity.

I don't like the sound of it at all!!!!!

Anybody who wants to be an owner AND a part of the management of the football side is a complete no no for me. Obviously IF and a BLOODY big IF that is we become a good team, of course temporarily it would be great. Problem is in football everything is temporary. BUT equally if things go down the swanny, will he sack himself, COME ON.... think about it.

This sounds (and I stress "sounds") like 1 mans crusade to promote himself. IF he just wants to put money in AND is not the Manager OR assistant I have no problem as long as due diligence is properly done.

Remember Bateson and Hancox, hated that situation. I had a lot of time for Bateson, he run the club within its means which is the correct thing to do in my book BUT I lost that respect when he appointed the son-in-law, unacceptable!

If the board stop putting money in each month or whatever it is the club WILL find its real level. Look at Dover and others, doing ok on smaller budgets than us. I am not a fan of owners buying success, that's why I hate the premiership. I would rather have a club run within its means with some small support from Directors who are supporters of the club. Not outsiders, outsiders WILL only be in it for themselves, there is no other reason to do it! NOT FOR ME!
TUST MEMBER
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

Neal wrote:Im sorry but Im going to dent the positivity.

I don't like the sound of it at all!!!!!

Anybody who wants to be an owner AND a part of the management of the football side is a complete no no for me. Obviously IF and a BLOODY big IF that is we become a good team, of course temporarily it would be great. Problem is in football everything is temporary. BUT equally if things go down the swanny, will he sack himself, COME ON.... think about it.

This sounds (and I stress "sounds") like 1 mans crusade to promote himself. IF he just wants to put money in AND is not the Manager OR assistant I have no problem as long as due diligence is properly done.

Remember Bateson and Hancox, hated that situation. I had a lot of time for Bateson, he run the club within its means which is the correct thing to do in my book BUT I lost that respect when he appointed the son-in-law, unacceptable!

If the board stop putting money in each month or whatever it is the club WILL find its real level. Look at Dover and others, doing ok on smaller budgets than us. I am not a fan of owners buying success, that's why I hate the premiership. I would rather have a club run within its means with some small support from Directors who are supporters of the club. Not outsiders, outsiders WILL only be in it for themselves, there is no other reason to do it! NOT FOR ME!
I can see what you're saying - but....... I disagree.

on the evidence so far, this chap has both an UEFA A licence and a solid, creditable, growing and local based company.

he could actually do both jobs........

I will sit on the fence and see what happens, but at the end of the day, (other) investement in TUFC is required and it sounds like this chap does tick the boxes.
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Sponsors of Lirak Hasani, 2024-2025
We now head Due South to all games!

TUST Member 468