What do you call a brace of Fishers? (signing news!)

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Keith
Trialist
Trialist
Favourite player: Alex Russell

Post by Keith »

ROADRUNNER wrote:its seems clear to me that the signing of players from local league means the club is setting its self up for life in the conference south next year, we look destined to be relegated so they see fit to sign players that simply will not get us out of this mess, this has now become worse than the dave webb era.
the days of our club playing in the football league look over at least for a very long time. very sad times!
Sadly, that's how it needs to be I think. The only aim at the moment should be to get the finances under control and if that means mutually terminating some of Cox's signings and replacing with SDL players until the end of the season then so be it. If the board cannot get the finances under control then it doesn't matter what league we are in next season as I suspect we won't be in existence. I can only see two scenario's this season - 'own the problem', firesale and get the finances under control or ignore the problem and try and stay in this league. The latter, for me, spells the end of the club. The days of the football league are a long way off under any scenario people can think of (short of a lottery winner). This season has been several years in the making but various boards have not confronted it. We might not clear the debts for ages but we need to get them to a sustainable level.

I think the difference with the Webb and (partly) the Mike B era, is that signing of 'substandard' players was a choice. Today it is a necessity.

Sometimes you need to raze the building to the ground to rebuild rather than trying to tart up an existing substandard building.

If we get relegated (as is sadly very likely), the worst case scenario is starting next season in CS against some very well run and organised clubs, with a team that has been put together in the summer and barely know each other. Better to start that preparation now.
Jerry
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Jerry »

Seems we may have gone from 2 Fishers to none at all.

http://pub16.bravenet.com/forum/static/ ... 7&cmd=show
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

I would give that conversion precisely zero credence.

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"