Politics

General chat about anything else goes here.
PlainmoorRoar
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by PlainmoorRoar »

Scott Brehaut wrote: Why is everything a conspiracy with you?
:goodpost: :goodpost:
TUFC FACEBOOK PAGE - https://www.facebook.com/insideplainmoor
TUFC TWITTER PAGE - https://twitter.com/TUFC1899

Torquay United Supporters Trust member - Join the TUST now!
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

Yep, most of Scott's posts are good. That one was clear and concise. However, it was based on a false premise: that I see conspiracies everywhere.
Plainmoor Roar, you obviously didn't bother to read my previous post, in which I answered his question, or you chose to ignore it. So just for your benefit I'll repeat it here:

"The Independent report is evidence of nothing, and where did I mention conspiracy? Some reports said the broadcasters succumbed to pressure from Downing Street, others said that Cameron was under pressure from other parties, Miliband himself said the final decision lies with the broadcasters. It doesn't need a conspiracy for the BBC or any other broadcaster to be biased and lacking impartiality, just a lack of vigilance and a growing culture of fear."

I would just add that, as Nigel Farage himself reminded us today, OFCOM declared UKIP to be one of the four major parties in the election campaign and should be treated as such by broadcasters, a responsibility which the BBC has palpably failed to uphold.
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Scott Brehaut »

Well, if the exit poll is correct, and if Cameron is PM again, I can't see Ed remaining as leader of the Labour Party.

In fact, I think his brother would make a sudden reappearance....

;-)

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com
cambgull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: All Of Them

Post by cambgull »

Ed will resign, Clegg will resign and Farage will resign. The former two will be replaced by equally dull people and Farage will probably be replaced by someone closer to the middle. UKIP will lose all their voters from this election and then not gain new ones due to past reputation.

And now I shall turn off my crystal ball! Muhahahahaha
Luke.

"Successful applicants need not apply"
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

Full election results and statistics here: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/election/2015/results

The reason Miliband and Clegg did so badly in this election is, of course, those 'this is what a feminist looks like' tee shirts which they wore last year, whereas voters understand perfectly, that is what idiots look like. Farage, who is not a feminist, lost his seat for other reasons, most of which do not reflect well on the British media. These three have indeed resigned, but Natalie Bennett, who is a feminist, refuses to resign and has stated she intends to serve out her full term as Green Party leader. 'Nuff said..

Interesting to note that the SNP ended with an amazing 56 seats for only 1.5m votes, but the Lib Dems won 8 seats for 2.4m votes, and UKIP only one seat for nearly 3.9m votes, yet UKIP was the party with the largest increased share of the total votes in the election.

I forecast UKIP's support will increase further in the coming years as people see them as the squeaky clean party, having got rid of all their bad eggs while other parties sweep theirs under the carpet, and as the EU continues to reveal itself as an expensive undemocratic failure.

And I forecast there will be a widespread clamour in favour of proportional representation, though I'm undecided as to whether that's a good thing or not..
happytorq
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Kevin Hill
Watches from: The sofa

Post by happytorq »

Gullscorer wrote:Full election results and statistics here: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/election/2015/results

The reason Miliband and Clegg did so badly in this election is, of course, those 'this is what a feminist looks like' tee shirts which they wore last year, whereas voters understand perfectly, that is what idiots look like. Farage, who is not a feminist, lost his seat for other reasons, most of which do not reflect well on the British media. These three have indeed resigned, but Natalie Bennett, who is a feminist, refuses to resign and has stated she intends to serve out her full term as Green Party leader. 'Nuff said..

Good lord, you're an idiot.
Images for Avatar Copyright Historical Football Kits and reproduced by kind permission.

Eam non defectum. Ego potest tractare quod. Est spes occidit me.
Jerry
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Jerry »

Gullscorer wrote:Full election results and statistics here: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/election/2015/results

Interesting to note that the SNP ended with an amazing 56 seats for only 1.5m votes, but the Lib Dems won 8 seats for 2.4m votes, and UKIP only one seat for nearly 3.9m votes, yet UKIP was the party with the largest increased share of the total votes in the election.

I forecast UKIP's support will increase further in the coming years as people see them as the squeaky clean party, having got rid of all their bad eggs while other parties sweep theirs under the carpet, and as the EU continues to reveal itself as an expensive undemocratic failure.

And I forecast there will be a widespread clamour in favour of proportional representation, though I'm undecided as to whether that's a good thing or not..
The UK public turned down the option of PR in a referendum not long after the last election.

Unfortunately the arguments for it were presented poorly and the big 2 parties (understandably) put the full weight of their publicity machines behind the status quo.

Any future vote would follow the same pattern as most people don't understand the process and can't be bothered to try and understand.

As for Natalie Bennett, I would imagine she hasn't resigned as her party won its highest ever share of the vote rather than because she is a feminist.
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Scott Brehaut »

Yes, of course Ed and Nige lost it because of the t shirts....

What does it matter whether or not Natalie Bennett is a feminist? Also, why SHOULD she resign? The party she represents has increased it's voting share by 3.8% and has gained widespread national media coverage. Sounds like a good enough job to me.

STIP
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Scott Brehaut »

I guess this is another thread that is going to go down the feminist route.

Seriously, you've got major issues and I implore you to seek help.

STIP
PlainmoorRoar
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by PlainmoorRoar »

Scott Brehaut wrote:I guess this is another thread that is going to go down the feminist route.

Seriously, you've got major issues and I implore you to seek help.
:rofl:
TUFC FACEBOOK PAGE - https://www.facebook.com/insideplainmoor
TUFC TWITTER PAGE - https://twitter.com/TUFC1899

Torquay United Supporters Trust member - Join the TUST now!
Orange Gull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by Orange Gull »

Gullscorer wrote:
You cannot seriously believe this.
EmetEdadsBeard
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Andy Gurney

Post by EmetEdadsBeard »

Gullscorer wrote:Actually, no, I don't. I was just winding you all up.. :rofl: =D
Personally, I don't believe you, and finally other posters have started to get bored of your ramblings
I think :-/
'Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to their level then beat you with their experience!
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

Enjoy the election, Emet? :-D
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com