Martin ling

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

Bet they're bloody glad they remained a mystery then otherwise the embarrassment would have been unbearable. ;-)

I didn't know that, i had it in my head that it was Thea who stumped up the coin for him so apologies if i got my facts wrong. :Oops:
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
Fonda
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Super Jason Fowler

Post by Fonda »

Scott Brehaut wrote:Thought so.

It was 50k of HER money: http://www.thisisdevon.co.uk/Fairy-Bod- ... z2SvUWMqYR

Also, if he "wasted" 50k of HER money then he also made HER a ton of it too....530k approx if the truth be told.
I don't think being in charge when players are sold entitles you to claim that honour? He made the money on Olejnik, as he signed him in the first place. But that's all. He didn't do anything to make Eunan worth better part of £200k. That was all his own work.
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Scott Brehaut »

Eunan did it all himself? Nothing to do with coaching, management etc.

Manse said in his interview recently that Ling was one of the best man-managers he's worked with, so whatever WE think of him, he was obviously good with the players

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com
Fonda
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Fonda »

Eunan was destined to command that sort of fee from the moment he was signed.
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

Scott Brehaut wrote:Eunan did it all himself? Nothing to do with coaching, management etc.

Manse said in his interview recently that Ling was one of the best man-managers he's worked with, so whatever WE think of him, he was obviously good with the players
To be fair Scott, which player would compromise themselves and say that a manager they'd worked under was a useless tw*t? He's bound to say something positive.
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Scott Brehaut »

I don't recall him making such a statement when Buckle left......

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com
Fonda
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Fonda »

He speaks very highly of Buckle. Players do that. It's etiquette.
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

Fonda wrote:Eunan was destined to command that sort of fee from the moment he was signed.
agree shane.

although I think I could have made him worth at least £1M to TUFC.............
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Sponsors of Lirak Hasani, 2024-2025
We now head Due South to all games!

TUST Member 468

SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

Fonda wrote:He speaks very highly of Buckle. Players do that. It's etiquette.
well, its business.

be nice to people when you are on the way up the ladder.

you might meet them when they or you are on the way down....................

edit - meant to put the bit in bold in too! :Oops:
Last edited by SuperNickyWroe on 11 May 2013, 10:43, edited 1 time in total.
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Sponsors of Lirak Hasani, 2024-2025

TUST Member 468

Fonda
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Fonda »

SuperNickyWroe wrote:
well, its business.

be nice to people when you are on the way up the ladder.

you might meet them when they are on the way down....................
Very true.
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

That is good practice for the selfish amongst us. I am nice to people who are nice and reasonable to me otherwise they can f*ck off and i'll tell them so, shame most people aren't like that then people wouldn't spend half their lives bitching behind peoples backs whilst being nice to them face to face. Business or no business.
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

AustrianAndyGull wrote:That is good practice for the selfish amongst us. I am nice to people who are nice and reasonable to me otherwise they can f*ck off and i'll tell them so, shame most people aren't like that then people wouldn't spend half their lives bitching behind peoples backs whilst being nice to them face to face. Business or no business.
its not selfish andy - its business.

in my job, im nice to everyone (even the hospital theatre receptionist) he/she could be theatre manager one day.
and if they are, and you have been a smar ar*e to them, they could - actually will - be a c**t towards you.

TUST Member 468

AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

No what i meant is that i'm nice and friendly to everyone i meet but you get some people who aren't normal and want to be clever, nasty, bitchy, manipulative and abrupt. That is fine but if i haven't done anything to warrant courting such behaviour towards me then i'll tell them that they are total arseholes. That is all i'm saying. So what if someone you secretly hate (like the theatre receptionist) becomes theatre manager? You are going to go against your principles and treat them like Gods just because you sniff a chance at a better rung of the ladder? I could never do that Chris, i'd rather be destitute than exchange pleasantries due to a lack of respect for myself. In life you'll always get arseholes and despite my many posts on here suggesting i'm a bit of a nipple i'm actually a really decent bloke but i am equal to anybody on this planet, the Queen, Simon Cowell, Vets, Gok Wan, everyone. We're all flesh and blood and we're all the same so we should be treated the same.
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

Chris, i might have sounded like a bit of a sanctomonius prick then mate so sorry. How you go about your work and life is your business and not mine i'm just saying that is how i would approach things if i was in a job so sorry for any offence.
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

AustrianAndyGull wrote:No what i meant is that i'm nice and friendly to everyone i meet but you get some people who aren't normal and want to be clever, nasty, bitchy, manipulative and abrupt. That is fine but if i haven't done anything to warrant courting such behaviour towards me then i'll tell them that they are total arseholes. That is all i'm saying. So what if someone you secretly hate (like the theatre receptionist) becomes theatre manager? You are going to go against your principles and treat them like Gods just because you sniff a chance at a better rung of the ladder? I could never do that Chris, i'd rather be destitute than exchange pleasantries due to a lack of respect for myself. In life you'll always get arseholes and despite my many posts on here suggesting i'm a bit of a nipple i'm actually a really decent bloke but i am equal to anybody on this planet, the Queen, Simon Cowell, Vets, Gok Wan, everyone. We're all flesh and blood and we're all the same so we should be treated the same.
no mate. i dont hate them.

i just treat them like id like to be treated. ie normal(ish).

it costs nowt to be polite.

TUST Member 468