FUNNY Jokes, FUNNY Tubes & FUNNY Video Clips

General chat about anything else goes here.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

You two would be best mates if you sat and had a drink together :)
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

EmetEdadsBeard wrote:Hit a nerve have I? Like I said, this is the jokes thread, not the women hating rant thread. God knows what one of them has done to you, you're totally obsessed with feminism. Why don't you start a thread about it, put your links on there then the rest of us with a sense of humour can do what this thread was set up for-telling jokes, schoolboy, offensive or otherwise?
Bloody hell you're a miserable bore. :-|
Hit a nerve, have I? Like I said, this is a thread for favourite jokes, favourite tubes, and favourite videos. Did you actually read and understand my last post? Or any of my other posts on a wide variety of subjects? I love women. Being anti-feminist is not the same as being anti-women. But of course you understand that. Your attitude would be really funny if it weren't so sad. Bloody hell you're a miserable bore. Jeez, I need a drink now.. :~D
EmetEdadsBeard
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Andy Gurney

Post by EmetEdadsBeard »

Miserable bore? Me? I'm the recognised king of this thread (as voted for by others) due to my "offensive, schoolboy" humour. And for the last fookin time, THIS THREAD IS FOR JOKES, TUBES AND VIDEO CLIPS (the 'jokes' bit at the start of the title is a giveaway for idiots who aren't sure), not for boring, mind numbing links to 2 1/2 hour tubes that are neither amusing or of any interest to anyone who has even the slightest inkling of a life.
(Actually you calling me a Nazi shows you are coming around a bit as it's very Basil Fawlty-esque!)

:-/
'Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to their level then beat you with their experience!
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

Oh dear.. 'And for the last fookin time, this thread is for jokes, tubes and video clips.' At least we're agreed on that. But let me try to get two important things through to you:

1. There is no requirement for the tubes and video clips to be funny (the very title of the thread should be a giveaway for idiots who aren't sure). It would be great if all the jokes were funny, of course, but they're not. What's funny to one person may not be to another. People are allowed to post tubes and video clips here about anything and everything. They will not be amusing or interesting for some people, but may be so for others. If they're not, there is no requirement for anybody to read them or laugh at them or watch them through to the end. But, I repeat, the tubes and videos do not have to be funny. Nor, for that matter, do the jokes. They do not even have to be interesting. Which brings me to the second important point:

2. What gives you the right to dictate what is posted on this thread? If I find your jokes unfunny, do I have the right to demand they be removed or that you post only those jokes which I deem to be funny? Of course not. By the same token, you have no right to dictate the content of tubes and videos, even if you find some of them dull or uninteresting or boring, even if only one other person finds a YouTube link to be of interest, or just one other person laughs at your jokes, or indeed none at all.

If you still cannot understand any of this, try reading through my words slowly and repeatedly until they get through to you, or seek professional help. :rules:
Pea
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Dale Tonge

Post by Pea »

It's implied by 'jokes' preceeding the rest of the thread title, that the tubes etc be of a lighthearted nature I'd suggest.....

...Maybe it's just me, and I appreciate it's something you hold dear to you, but I'm not sure this is the correct thread - If only because the audience you're trying to target are football fans, not an anti feminist rally.

Much in the same way that I LOVE psychology, I appreciate that here isn't the right place to natter on about Freud every ten seconds. I've made two psych related posts on here, as separate threads, which people can chose to ignore and avoid.

I think that's the crux of the matter here in this case. If people, like me, assume this to be light hearted 'banter', and find very long and 'heavy' video links, It might just not be what they're after.

No, you can't cater for all of the people all of the time, but some of your posts are becoming increasingly annoying, If only for the reason it's the same content repeated again and again.

You can, however, cater for some of the people some of the time, on that basis, if it were I, I would make a new thread, which could be dedicated to more serious links than those you'd expect to find here, that way, people might take it a bit better. :)
Pea.
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

Yes, it's a football forum, but the Popside is intended for general off-topic stuff. However, okay, let's assume that this thread (Favourite Jokes, Tubes and Videos) is intended solely for posts and links to tubes and videos of a light-hearted nature and that I was mistaken in posting links to more serious stuff even though they were to tubes and videos. On that basis I have no problem posting these links on other threads, indeed I have done so a number of times, but even then there have been complaints, as on this thread, from a very small number of people. Nobody has to read or watch any of this stuff; they are free to ignore it and move on, but some people have to complain (a few probably even believe censorship is a legitimate form of debate)..

A few of these people will certainly be only interested in light-hearted things and will not want to tax their brains with serious matters. A smaller number will even have opposing views and may wish to stifle any debate by complaining, being unable to resort to outright censorship. But what's sauce for the goose is sauce for the gander. There have been some so-called jokes on this thread which I have found distasteful and offensive in the extreme (I admit I have sailed close to the wind a few times myself in this respect). How would these people feel about receiving complaints and demands for only 'clean' jokes to be posted?

For the record, of the ninety or so posts I have put on this thread, to the best of my mathematical ability I calculate that there have been 53 jokes, 6 links to funny YouTube videos, 8 to songs, one to a feature film (which was posted in error, should have been on the film thread), and just 9 (yes, 9) posts with links relating to feminism/gender politics. Plus about 10 posts of various banter, discussion and argument, and 3 on other topics. So that's no more than 10% of my posts here (a miniscule percentage of the total posts from everybody on the thread) provoking complaints by a very few people. And, by the way, they may have the same subject matter, three of them were links to interviews with the same female professor, but they are never repeated.

But I'll try to be reasonable, and I shall endeavour in future (no guarantees) to place such posts on what complainants may regard as more appropriate threads, even if those posts are tubes and videos. I somehow feel that's not going to stop a few people complaining.

By the way Pea, I should be most interested in seeing more Psychology threads/posts from you. I may or may not agree with them. But I won't complain.. :)
Pea
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by Pea »

Perhaps I didn't explain myself properly - I sound as if I have been making sweeping accusations upon a re-read of my post following your reply. I didn't mean to suggest that they were the same thing, more the same topic - I tend to rush when I post on here so I'll be sure to be a bit clearer next time :)

Again, as for the amount of posts, I've made the mistake of assuming people know what I mean.... I don't necessarily mean on this thread, and I appreciate that you may have posted far more posts of a different nature....I did read a thread you had made a while back and recently posted on the other day - I cant remember the title of the thread in question, but it was about the man who was fighting for his kids and had a bitch of an ex wife.

I read through the posts and was going to reply but found myself getting increasingly annoyed. I totally get it, I really do, some women give the rest of us a bad name, and I am inclined to agree with the fact that some feminists take things too far, but I couldn't help thinking that some of the posts on that thread were a bit of a witch hunt against women. I'll maybe reply to that on the relevant thread, as I'm digressing, my point merely being, I often see lots of your posts supporting your opinions / cause / beliefs etc, and that's fine, but it seems to be becoming more frequent.

I may just be speaking for myself here, but I'd much rather find that all in one thread (or in others where relevant), rather than scattered all over. As I mentioned before, I assumed this particular thread was one of a light hearted nature. But maybe that's me and my naivety. :)

Please don't feel I'm complaining, and making this a witch hunt against you -I'm just explaining my thoughts. I'd be more than happy to read your posts, I just think they need to be channelled in the right manner :) :)

As for Psychology posts, I'm not sure I'm brave enough to take the chance and bore all of you - you'll all end up psychoanalysing me anyway and realising I'm a fruit loop! :~D :~D :lol:

Now, in the nature of this thread, I'd just like to leave this here: :whistle: :whistle:

YES ladies and gentleman, Bunny show jumping, is apparently a real thing.

So judge me, I don't even care! :na: :lol:
Last edited by Pea on 30 Jan 2014, 19:11, edited 3 times in total.
Pea.
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

:lol: You're a fruit loop? Join the club.. =D

And that video's great. :-D I wish my cat would be bothered to do that! =D
Last edited by Gullscorer on 30 Jan 2014, 19:09, edited 1 time in total.
Pea
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by Pea »

Isn't it just? I'm a proper sucker for little furry things, but this tops them all!!

Apparently there's an annual thing they do in London, which includes Micro Pig racing, Bunny show Jumping, as well as your average dog and horse tricks. Sounds brilliant.... BUT, as chance would have it, it coincides with one of my exams. Boooo! :(
Pea.
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

A rich man living in Darwin decided that he wanted to throw a party and invited all of his buddies and neighbours. He also invited Colin, the only aborigine in the neighbourhood. He held the party around the pool in the backyard of his mansion. Everyone was having a good time drinking, dancing, eating prawns, oysters from the BBQ and flirting...

At the height of the party, the host said, 'I have a 15ft man-eating Crocodile in my pool and I'll give a million dollars to anyone who has the balls to jump in.'

The words were barely out of his mouth when there was a loud splash and everyone turned around and saw Colin in the pool fighting the croc, jabbing the croc in the eyes with his thumbs, throwing punches, doing all kinds of stuff like head butts and chokeholds, biting the croc on the tail and flipping the croc through the air like some kind of Judo Instructor. The water was churning and splashing everywhere.. Both Colin and the croc were screaming and raising hell. Finally Colin strangled the croc and let it float to the top like a dead goldfish.

Colin then slowly climbed out of the pool. Everybody was just staring at him in disbelief.

The host says, 'Well, Colin, I reckon I owe you a million dollars.'
'Nah, you all right boss, I don't want it,' said Colin.

The rich man said, 'Man, I have to give you something. You won the bet. how about half a million bucks then?'
'No thanks.... I don't want it,' answered Colin.

The host said, 'Come on, I insist on giving you something.. That was amazing. How about a new Porsche and a Rolex and some stock Options?
Again, Colin said "No."

Confused, the rich man asked, 'Well then, Colin, what do you want?

Colin said: 'I just want the bastard who pushed me in.'
Alpine Joe
First Regular
First Regular

Post by Alpine Joe »

'That's my bag'

'No, that's MY bag!'

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=51qMW6wNmFQ
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

There is a blonde on a plane to New York. She is sitting in the first class section, but her ticket says that she should be in the economy class. A flight attendant realizes the blonde's mistake and asks her politely to move. But the blonde won't move. All she says is, "I'm blonde, I'm beautiful, and I'm going to New York."

The flight attendant goes and tells all of the other flight attendants. They all try to persuade the blonde to move, but she won't move. All she says is, "I'm blonde, I'm beautiful, and I'm going to New York."

The flight attendants go and tell the pilot about the obnoxious blonde. They tell him the only thing that she says. He puts the plane on auto-pilot, goes to the first class section and whispers something in the blonde's ear.

Immediately, she gets up and moves to her proper seat. Then the pilot goes back to fly the plane. The flight attendants are all very curious about how the pilot made the blonde move so quickly.

They ask him and he says, "Oh, it was easy. I just told her that the first class section wasn't going to New York!"
cambgull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: All Of Them

Post by cambgull »

Don't worry all, I've solved the problem!
Luke.

"Successful applicants need not apply"