Martin ling

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Plymouth Gull

Post by Plymouth Gull »

Entirely agree, SNW. You're never going to see a player come out and start saying bad things about an ex-boss - it looks bad on their part too.
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

which is exactly what i said
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
gurneygibbs23
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: jean pierre simb

Post by gurneygibbs23 »

Jerry wrote:It wasn't Thea who paid for Bodin, it was a "mystery" donor.
Helen Chamberlain????
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Scott Brehaut »

My point being that he didn't have to say anything. The fact is he focused on one aspect of Lings management which I was using to show that he may have helped in some players developments.

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com
diamondgirl
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Aaron Downes

Post by diamondgirl »

Tote end on tour wrote:I have to say watching Mrs Lotto's interview on BBC Sport must go down as the most cringeworthy interview of all time ....... Dear oh dear

Don't watch it then, and stop keep referring to our chairwoman as "mrs lotto". It's so rude and patronising. Have some respect. She's either mrs Bristow orThea. :@
"Thing's turn out best when you make the best of the way thing's turn out."
Glostergull
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by Glostergull »

diamondgirl wrote: Qouting tote. I have to say watching Mrs Lotto's interview on BBC Sport must go down as the most cringeworthy interview of all time ....... Dear oh dear

Don't watch it then, and stop keep referring to our chairwoman as "mrs lotto". It's so rude and patronising. Have some respect. She's either mrs Bristow orThea.

Here here! quite right ! I thoroughly concur. we should have some respect for our benefactor or she will run off like MB did and i couldn't blame him for the abuse he had. If Thea has that same abuse I bet some of you will give her one day I reckon she would do likewise.
I would do. After all she is only human.
Always Look on the bright side of life

Check out my poems topic... http://www.torquayfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4843
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

Be careful referring to our benefactor as "Mrs Lotto".

Bruciesbootcleaner has had one thread removed and another locked for doing just this. Justice and just this ain't alike.

Bootcleaner is well known in and around Plainmoor and master of his art when it comes to first out the traps with monikers (like Mrs Lotto). Then there's "baby cauliflower", "Chas big shoes", "Mr Burns" etc. :lol:

:clap:

(note to my mate : Big Red and his lieutenants are watching you)

:devil:

:engflag:
Friend of TorquayFans.com
Member of the Month November 2020
Southampton Gull: "Well deserved"
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

[color=#FF8000]AustrianAndyGull[/color] wrote:Thea Bristow on BBC Sport website saying that the reason Ling was sacked was because he was struggling to motivate the players and for his lack of enthusiasm.
Ling in his televised "inquiry" into his "removal from office" was clearly out to provoke a £££costly reaction. He didn't get one. What he got was a well thought out response.

Bit by bit, what went on will seep out into the public domain, drip by drip. Apparently, the ethos wasn't there and it affected the players. Was it there at all ? Was it there then vanished ? What caused it to vanish ? Did it affect some individual playing performances more than others ? Did this lack of ethos affect the judgement of the assistant manager ?

Bit by bit, drip by drip.

"Nothing great was ever achieved without enthusiasm"

coley in stripes
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by coley in stripes »

Does it really matter anymore. The guy has gone with a nice bulging back pocket and things are looking up for the rest of us !
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

Here here, Coley and myself wish to be positive and look to the future. :O

:lol: :lol:
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
coley in stripes
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by coley in stripes »

That's true Andy, but because we happen to be more of the 'thinking mans ' type of fan, lets not get too carried away yet !!!
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

coley wrote:Does it really matter anymore. The guy has gone with a nice bulging back pocket and things are looking up for the rest of us !

Besides a Chinaman called Soo, there's a Law called Sue. So yes, it does matter. Do you wish that backpocket to bulge more ?

Thea reiterated the official released statement : "Everyone at Plainmoor would like to thank Martin for his work over the last two years and we wish him every success in the future."

The fact it was repeated in response to Martin Ling's television performance tells me it means what it means and some . . . . . .

"Jog on"

ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

coley wrote:That's true Andy, but because we happen to be more of the 'thinking mans ' type of fan, lets not get too carried away yet !!!
:rofl:
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

I thought that would raise a laugh with some of you. I'm sure Coley is an intelligent bloke being ex-fuzz but i'm a real thick f*cker!! :)
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

AustrianAndyGull wrote:I thought that would raise a laugh with some of you. I'm sure Coley is an intelligent bloke being ex-fuzz but i'm a real thick f*cker!! :)
the trueist (is that a word?) most honest, lucid and accurate post you have ever made.

i applaud you for it. :clap:
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Sponsors of Lirak Hasani, 2024-2025
We now head Due South to all games!

TUST Member 468