Player to bring in (suggestions)

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
royalgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Stevland Angus

Post by royalgull »

re Manset, we are all judging him on 60mins for Hereford 2 and a bit seasons ago. Since then he's been nothing more than a journeyman who has barely scored a goal. He could be a rough diamond, he could be a waster, as ever it would be a fairly sizeable gamble. On the face of it he should be effective in Division 4 and if we can get his Hereford form then he would be more than useful for us. However no oen has seen that sort of form since then.

At Reading he looked miles out fo his depth and his fitness issues were highlighted even more so, it was no surprise they moved him on less than a year later.
Yellow4life
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Yellow4life »

Interestingly, he only scored 10 goals in 50 for hereford? I thought it was a lot more than that. 17 goals in 100 club appearances in total.
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

Not long now folks, really need to see a few more come in this week especially the 'big man' up front.
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Clearly its a bit more than 60 minutes - Didn't Reading pay 440k for him? - so one would think he had something. As for being a journeyman - isn't he aged 22 ?
Hereford were a rubbish side as well.
Can't see him coming here though.
royalgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Stevland Angus

Post by royalgull »

Had 4 clubs in the last year, think that kind of translates to journeyman. Howe was similar and he turned out alright for us but the facts are Manset hasn't settled anywhere for any period of time.

It wasn't anywhere near as much as that but it was a sizeable fee for Hereford, Reading thought he was worth a gamble as he has some raw attributes but he wasn't anywhere near good enough for the Championship and lacked the fitness and application to actually try and improve it.

Would he be good enough for us? Possibly but I would be massively hesitant to offer a) the kind of salary he'd command and also b) a long term contract. Just too much of a risk.
OhJimmyJimmy
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Jason Fowler

Post by OhJimmyJimmy »

Looking on the PFA website while bored at work, couple of names cropped up that could be a shout. Please feel free to tear the list below to shreds......

Daniel Seabourne?
Ivar Ingimarsson?
Matt Taylor?
Richard Hinds?
Wayne Thomas?

All have links to the West Country in one way or another.

Also lots of ex Everton and Man Utd youngsters on there. Knill does have good connections with both clubs.

Anyway back to work.......
Lloyder5
Skipper
Skipper

Post by Lloyder5 »

Just to keep the ball rolling, so to speak...

http://www.torquayunited.com/news/artic ... 17018.aspx
TUST number 080
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Interesting that we are hoping to bring in two more strikers then. Guess its likely that the loan signing might well be Stockley whom I don't know much about.
exiledgull
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Jarvis

Post by exiledgull »

Stockley sprung to my mind too.

At 6ft 3 he is a big target man, played in non league and obviously has some quality about him. I would be happy to take a punt on him.

Be an interesting few days with AK saying he expects some movements by Friday. Hopefully it's a double addition and then we will just touch up the edges of the team , and maybe wait for Mozika if that is still on the cards.
Plymouth Gull

Post by Plymouth Gull »

The few mentions of Jernade Meade coming in can be put to bed as he seems to have agreed to join Swansea.

Judging by that I'd be surprised if we were ever close to getting him!
exiledgull
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Jarvis

Post by exiledgull »

Shaun Cooper and Scott Rendell on trial!

Interesting!! Very much like Shaun Cooper!
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

Rendell will fit the big man vacancy and he also has a good on field rapport with Benyon so i'd take Rendell back no probs. Cooper I know zero about so can't comment.
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
Warwick
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Sills

Post by Warwick »

Scott in as 3rd or 4 th striker, yes ok but not as our main signing to replace Rene. In and out of sides and becoming a bit of a journeyman in recent times.
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

Like Rene then, he did ok for us though Warwick. I see where you are coming from and i'm not overly enamoured with Rendell myself but if it's a choice between him or no tall target man up front then i'd have to go with Rendell every time.
exilegull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by exilegull »

Have to say I'd be relatively pleased with Rendell. Works hard and is a good foil for Benyon - I'd be confident they could get 25-30 goals between them. I'd also assume he wouldn't be too expensive so it would leave some budget open - and if there is no top quality/high wage striker available then there is not much AK can do.