Cox Resigns

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Rjc70
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tom Lapslie

Post by Rjc70 »

Not sure why you choose to 'inform' what a non-contract player may be able to earn. I thought you knew the budget a minute ago. They can earn less or more than that amount also, of course.
Georg

Post by Georg »

A lot of people assume non contract players dont get paid when they do but they just arent contract so its not fixed term. The fact is unless the new manager can get players off the bill or the board pump in extra money to cover the absence of five directors , no new players are going to come in.,Actually relegation and starting again in the conference south like stockport county, might be the best thing that could happen for this club in the long term.
Jerry
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Jerry »

George wrote:
And no im not yells. And no im not a property developer or a asset stripper.
You're not a property developer or an asset stripper but what are you?

Why the interest in the affairs of a small non-league football club?

It's clear that you aren't an actual Torquay fan as you never post on any of the threads about the football.

When you first showed up you were informing us all of the details of Paul Cox's departure as well as goings on at Mansfield so I think it's fair to say you have some connection with Cox.

In case you haven't noticed, he is no longer here. So why your continued interest?
Dazza
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by Dazza »

Stockport County have never been in the Conference South... :nod: :nod:
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Colin Bettany

Post by tomogull »

George wrote:The budget is already over 600k, five directors have gone and players like fergus bell have come in over the past few weeks. With 2 or 3 players on a grand a week it doesnt take a rocket scientist to work out the financial situation. Either deep pockets are needed at the end of the season or the wage bill still needs cutting. I still think the best way is going part time in the conference south , if it comes to that worst case scenario, and starting again from there. With four figure crowds Torquay united would be a massive club in the conference south. In the conference it is just another club just like a aldershot or halifax or any other thats been in the league apart from tranmere , grimsby and wrexham who are huge clubs from this league.
I still haven't made up my mind whether you have a genuine concern for the club or if you just come on here to stir up a hornets nest. You write about the expenses side but neglect to mention that whilst Fergus Bell has come in, Malachi Lavelle-Moore and Jamie Richards (both non contract) have left the club and Joe Quigley has returned to Bournemouth (and has since gone on loan to Wrexham and scored against Tranmere last night, by the way). Also, our Director of Football has left, freeing up a few £s and we're not paying anything for an assistant at present. Admittedly, we have signed Durrell Berry.

Are any of our players on a grand a week? Several were being overpaid last season but I'd be surprised if '2 or 3 players' are on a grand a week this season.

Totally disagree with you about going part-time and I'm certainly not jumping for joy at the prospect of having to play against some outfit called Concord Rangers in the Conference South. No, we have to survive this season - and we can - and build from here.
Rjc70
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tom Lapslie

Post by Rjc70 »

George wrote:The fact is unless the new manager can get players off the bill or the board pump in extra money to cover the absence of five directors.
The fact that you say it does not make it a fact. And yes, what are the Paul Cox connections, George?
Georg

Post by Georg »

I know a lot of people in football including Paul cox, Dean edwards, john ramshaw and a lot of the players. Every other club in this league knows whats going on at torquay because players speak to each other.. So I know the budget is over 600k based on the contracts that some players were on last season and those who have been signed and why no moneys available for Kevin nicholson to properly get his own squad togetehr without getting names off the bil first.

I can think of two players who are in there second season here whos wages alone are more than 100k. And the squad is over 25 now when it was supposed to be about 20 players this season. Thats what got said in an interview when the board with 10 took over.
Jerry
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Jerry »

George wrote:I know a lot of people in football including Paul cox, Dean edwards, john ramshaw and a lot of the players. Every other club in this league knows whats going on at torquay because players speak to each other.. So I know the budget is over 600k based on the contracts that some players were on last season and those who have been signed and why no moneys available for Kevin nicholson to properly get his own squad togetehr without getting names off the bil first.

I can think of two players who are in there second season here whos wages alone are more than 100k. And the squad is over 25 now when it was supposed to be about 20 players this season. Thats what got said in an interview when the board with 10 took over.
You still haven't answered why you are so concerned with our affairs.
Georg

Post by Georg »

tomogull wrote: I still haven't made up my mind whether you have a genuine concern for the club or if you just come on here to stir up a hornets nest. You write about the expenses side but neglect to mention that whilst Fergus Bell has come in, Malachi Lavelle-Moore and Jamie Richards (both non contract) have left the club and Joe Quigley has returned to Bournemouth (and has since gone on loan to Wrexham and scored against Tranmere last night, by the way). Also, our Director of Football has left, freeing up a few £s and we're not paying anything for an assistant at present. Admittedly, we have signed Durrell Berry.

Are any of our players on a grand a week? Several were being overpaid last season but I'd be surprised if '2 or 3 players' are on a grand a week this season.

Totally disagree with you about going part-time and I'm certainly not jumping for joy at the prospect of having to play against some outfit called Concord Rangers in the Conference South.
No, we have to survive this season - and we can - and build from here.

Nobody will be happy with it but its a starting point and youve got to get on with it. This club would be big for conference south standards and would get the biggest crowds that league has ever seen but being in that league you cant be full time realisticaly. Stockport went part time when they get relegated and there flying now this season and will get promoted. Swallow your pride and get on with it is the best way.

Added in 1 minute 27 seconds:
Jerry wrote: You still haven't answered why you are so concerned with our affairs.

Wouldnt you been concerned when a team is next to bottom of the table with one win all season. Unlike Kidderminster this isnt a lost cause.
Jerry
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Jerry »

I'm concerned because it is my team. Still doesn't explain your interest though.
Georg

Post by Georg »

Bring back a good connection between manager and the board to let the boss do what he wants and theres a chance this club will stop up. I hope Kev nicholson knows what hes let himself in for because for a first time manager this is the hardest situation you could go in with a club possibly going down. Some of you on here need to be stop being scared of the conference south too. Its a good league and a good standard - look at havant and waterlooville's squad.
Jerry
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Jerry »

But why are you showing such an interest?

Don't worry George I can ask this question all night until you answer it :nod:
Georg

Post by Georg »

As i know someone who would be willing to invest if the situation was right. And no thats invest not asset stripp or building a tescos on Plainmoor.
Jerry
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Jerry »

George wrote:As i know someone who would be willing to invest if the situation was right. And no thats invest not asset stripp or building a tescos on Plainmoor.
That wasn't so hard was it? ;-)

Maybe if you'd been open and honest from the start and declared your interest you would have found a more receptive audience.

But thank-you for finally coming clean. I can go and watch Doc Martin now ;-)
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Colin Bettany

Post by tomogull »

George wrote:As i know someone who would be willing to invest if the situation was right. And no thats invest not asset stripp or building a tescos on Plainmoor.
So why doesn't this 'someone who would be willing to invest' arrange a meeting with the current Board to discuss the 'right situation' as he sees it ? But if it happens to be the bliddy American that I think was mentioned by Mushroom, I'd have grave concerns about his motives.