New home shirt

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
chunkygull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: david graham

Post by chunkygull »

frenchgull wrote:Anybody seen the new Everton away strip.What a great Torquay strip.
i would have no complaints whatsoever with a kit like that. that is exactly like what we should be having.

http://evertondirect.evertonfc.com/stor ... evertonppc

or something similar to the new arsenal away kit (not the socks though) -

http://arsenaldirect.arsenal.com/away-k ... vt/532866y
You are my torquay, my only torquay, you make me happy when skies are grey, you'll never know, just, how much i love you, so don't take my torquay away.
(laa, laa, - laaaa, - la, la, - laa, laa, - laaaa, - la, la. - la,la,la,la,la, - la,la,la,la....).
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Scott Brehaut »

OMFG!! I can't believe people are STILL banging on about the kit.

No likey, no buy. Simple!!

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com
chunkygull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by chunkygull »

Scott Brehaut wrote:OMFG!! I can't believe people are STILL banging on about the kit.

No likey, no buy. Simple!!
:goodpost: =D

but, they have only worn it once, i havent seen it properly in the flesh, so there is loads more room to moan yet. :whistle:

its not about buying it, its about the fact we have to watch our team in it. it is about our identity and our colours. :scarf:

no, i wont buy it, not because i think its hideous, because it isnt, ive relented a bit to the fact that it is quite different and quite smart but it doesnt quite work and it isnt a torquay united shirt as far as im concerned.

we have got to look at it for nearly 2 years yet is the biggest problem . :-o
You are my torquay, my only torquay, you make me happy when skies are grey, you'll never know, just, how much i love you, so don't take my torquay away.
(laa, laa, - laaaa, - la, la, - laa, laa, - laaaa, - la, la. - la,la,la,la,la, - la,la,la,la....).
Kit_robin
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by Kit_robin »

Last night at Swindon we were forced to wear our navy away shorts due to Swindon wearing white; looked ten times better.

I am still getting the shirt anyway. I actually went to get it on the way to Swindon yesterday, but the shop was closed because the girl had gone to the post office! Should have known then that we would lose!
royalgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Stevland Angus

Post by royalgull »

a billion times better with the navy shorts
chunkygull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by chunkygull »

well, i have just seen some pictures of the kit with blue shorts and yes that looks a billion times better.

i would go as far as to say that looks a really smart kit (yeah, i know).

in fact if it wasnt torquay united wearing it i may go as far as to say i like it (yeah, i know).

surely they can change it to blue shorts.

they have changed the socks during mid season in recent years so surely they could do it with the shorts.
Last edited by chunkygull on 07 Aug 2013, 14:18, edited 1 time in total.
SteveDeckchair
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Sir Alex Russell
Watches from: Pop side

Post by SteveDeckchair »

Mmmmmm, beeeeeeeer.
chunkygull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by chunkygull »

well, today i saw the shirt properly in the flesh so to speak for the first time.
i missed last weeks game coz the wife was on holiday and she wanted us all to do something together as a family. why we couldnt have all gone to the football i dont know. :|

anyway, yes ok i admit it, and i cant believe i am writing this, but, in a way it looks quite smart. it is certainly unusual and unique, its very continental looking if you ask me, fans of other teams would probably look at it and think hmm torquays kits not bad.

also, to be fair it looks better than the last 2 incarnations of it.

if it wasnt our kit then i would probably go as far as to say i even like it a little bit (yeah i know) :whistle:

seeing clips and pictures from the game v wimbledon then v swindon i have to definitely say the blue shorts are a must. in fact with blue shorts i quite like the kit (yeah, i know :Oops: ).

please, please, please, please, please can we swap the white shorts for blue. :'(

of course it will never sit right with me that our kit has all that white in it and its not yellow and blue. :no:

hopefully we will return to a more traditional kit in 2015 and not have the stripes every single time.

if they change it up a fair bit every couple of seasons so we dont keep ending up with similar kits all the time (like recently) then that is a good thing. if the stripes return again later on after a rest then maybe, just maybe i wont moan about it as much. :)

maybe.....
Gulliball
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Gulliball »

It's grown on me a bit over the last few weeks, and I may be tempted to buy one when I am home in October.

I agree that it looks a million times better with blue shorts. Really hope it's not something we just do when forced to as the opposition are in white shorts.
www.torquayfanstats.com
Twitter: @torquayfanstats
happytorq
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Watches from: The sofa

Post by happytorq »

I like it. wore it for the first time playing football the other night, and got a few complimentary comments. One guy I play with (british) said "wow, you don't see many of those over here". I told him we don't see many of them anywhere, including in Torquay
Images for Avatar Copyright Historical Football Kits and reproduced by kind permission.

Eam non defectum. Ego potest tractare quod. Est spes occidit me.
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

chunkygull wrote:well, today i saw the shirt properly in the flesh so to speak for the first time.
i missed last weeks game coz the wife was on holiday and she wanted us all to do something together as a family. why we couldnt have all gone to the football i dont know. :|

anyway, yes ok i admit it, and i cant believe i am writing this, but, in a way it looks quite smart. it is certainly unusual and unique, its very continental looking if you ask me, fans of other teams would probably look at it and think hmm torquays kits not bad.

also, to be fair it looks better than the last 2 incarnations of it.

if it wasnt our kit then i would probably go as far as to say i even like it a little bit (yeah i know) :whistle:

seeing clips and pictures from the game v wimbledon then v swindon i have to definitely say the blue shorts are a must. in fact with blue shorts i quite like the kit (yeah, i know :Oops: ).

please, please, please, please, please can we swap the white shorts for blue. :'(

of course it will never sit right with me that our kit has all that white in it and its not yellow and blue. :no:

hopefully we will return to a more traditional kit in 2015 and not have the stripes every single time.

if they change it up a fair bit every couple of seasons so we dont keep ending up with similar kits all the time (like recently) then that is a good thing. if the stripes return again later on after a rest then maybe, just maybe i wont moan about it as much. :)

maybe.....

ha ha chunk........................... :rofl:

you've gone soft you paignton ponce!!!!!!!!! :rofl:
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Sponsors of Lirak Hasani, 2024-2025
We now head Due South to all games!

TUST Member 468

chunkygull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by chunkygull »

:nod:

:lol:

:)
Jerry
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Jerry »

happytorq wrote:I like it. wore it for the first time playing football the other night, and got a few complimentary comments. One guy I play with (british) said "wow, you don't see many of those over here". I told him we don't see many of them anywhere, including in Torquay
About time you updated your avatar then Happs. :na:
happytorq
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by happytorq »

Jerry wrote:About time you updated your avatar then Happs. :na:
hah, yes, I actually said that on a thread somewhere else. I don't think I have the previous shirt, either. I'd have to make a whole new avatar, though, which seemed like a lot of work when I thought about it :) I do have a free weekend though, so who knows.
Images for Avatar Copyright Historical Football Kits and reproduced by kind permission.

Eam non defectum. Ego potest tractare quod. Est spes occidit me.
chunkygull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by chunkygull »

i bet you thought you'd heard the last of this from me, didnt ya. haaa, ha,ha, haaaaa. not a chance! :devil:

well, i saw it being worn in action for the first time today.

as a shirt - up close, i say again, i was a little bit wrong originally, it looks quite smart and is the best of the 3 versions of it we have had.

however, like i said before, on the pitch the stripes look a pale lemon type of colour, from a distance it ends up looking almost a weird magnolia/cream and you can only just pick out the stripes.

its the rest of it that irritates me the most though, they could not have made a worse choice on shorts to go with it. :no: if they had been blue then it would have been a billion times better. quite smart even.

to be fair if another team were wearing that shirt i would probably say, "yeah, that looks alright".

my gripe is really the colour scheme, i dont want us wearing white at all as our home colours, no little random white bits, no white stripes, no white shorts and socks. i would just have yellow and blue, thats my personal choice, probably because that was our traditional colours that i grew up watching us in and we are recognised as yellow and blue. if we must have any white then - yellow shirt, blue shorts, white socks.

shirts look ok as white with a little bit of yellow trim, like various away kits of ours have had, but to try and match the amount of yellow and white on the shirt doesnt quite work. :no:

anyway i doubt anyone gives a toss, but there you go. i will just have to put up with it for the next 20 months or so, but for gods sake please can we change the shorts to blue at least. :'(