Player to bring in (suggestions)

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

PhilGull wrote:I think if we had the cash I would be happy with both Rendell and Robertson as I think any two of them (inc. Benyon) could play together. As it is, especially with Yeoman and Sullivan deserving of there chance I would probably prefer Robertson if he is fit and mentally together after his previous issues in life.
Speaking of strikers, we know that Bodin can do a job through the middle but can either of the two new wide boys play up top?
Chappell can. I also think that Thompson has the build for it but I don't know if he has ever played here in his youth development days - may be supergull would?
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
exiledgull
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Jarvis

Post by exiledgull »

With us after 2 strikers I cannot see that we are planning to play any of the wingers up front.

It seems increasingly likely that Jayden Stockley will join on loan. Which will be one down.

Names have gone a bit quiet on the others, any rumours.
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

Rendell, Stockley, Bennerz, Yeoman, there's your four strikers.

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
yellowforever
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Our next signing

Post by yellowforever »

ferrarilover wrote:Rendell, Stockley, Bennerz, Yeoman, there's your four strikers.

Matt.
A good 'roster' I'd say.
"We are now so far up sh*t creek our boat is actually poking out the end of someones toilet bowl."
Brucie. 27/02/14
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain

Post by Richinns »

Stockley (if and when he arrives) will be a massive bonus to us this year. I expect he and Benners will be first choice but having the options of Rendell (who formed a great understanding with Benyon when he was here before) and Yeoman (who is now showing signs he can cut it as a league footballer) will be very important and should not be underestimated.

I am surprised by the negativity on here surrounding Rendell as he was decent at this level when he was here before and he is still only 26.
TUST member 328
Behind-the-Gulls
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by Behind-the-Gulls »

As as mentioned on here before we've lacked someone up front who can head the ball and this is essential if we are going to benefit from our new wingers' crossing ability.Rendell isn't great in the air and wins surprisingly few headers.
Hope this weakness is fully addressed when bringing the new striker(s) in.
gullno4
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Rene

Post by gullno4 »

Behind-the-Gulls wrote:As as mentioned on here before we've lacked someone up front who can head the ball and this is essential if we are going to benefit from our new wingers' crossing ability.Rendell isn't great in the air and wins surprisingly few headers.
Hope this weakness is fully addressed when bringing the new striker(s) in.
watch the link that I posted previously, he can find the net with his head.
The gulls are going up
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Colin Bettany

Post by tomogull »

Yep - if it happens, Stockley, Benyon, Rendell and Yeoman looks a good roster. But I hope young Danny Sullivan is given a few games to further his development. In my opinion, Ashley Yeoman could have been give more opportunities last season. I have a feeling that AK will give the younger players more chances. Martin Ling seemed to prefer to play safe by fielding the same team each week as far as possible. It worked like a dream in 2011/12 but more like a nightmare in 2012/13.
supergulls
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Aaron Downes

Post by supergulls »

Richinns wrote: Chappell can. I also think that Thompson has the build for it but I don't know if he has ever played here in his youth development days - may be supergull would?
Yeah your right rich Thompson has played up front on numerous occasions for the youth team his pace used to terrorise defenders although sometimes he used to miss chances and was a bit erratic in front of goal but hopefully he has matured as a player now.
Yellow4life
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Yellow4life »

He never was the greatest finisher for the youth team but still got his goals, wing is his best position
supergulls
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Aaron Downes

Post by supergulls »

Yellow4life wrote:He never was the greatest finisher for the youth team but still got his goals, wing is his best position
Totally agree yellow !!
Warwick
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Sills

Post by Warwick »

Well as of 9 pm last night according to his twitter, moving to TUFC has not been mentioned to Jayden Stockley. "First I have heard about it!" :(
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Didn't Knill say early in the week that he was going to sign a loan striker. If its not Stockley I wonder who it is. Unless of course he isn't telling the whole truth.
brooker
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Super Rene Howe

Post by brooker »

In light of the two trialists getting a yes or no after tomorrows game, are we still expecting a forward and defender to sign today like Knill said could happen earlier in the week?

http://www.torquayunited.com/news/artic ... 17018.aspx
Last edited by brooker on 19 Jul 2013, 13:05, edited 1 time in total.
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain

Post by Richinns »

brooker wrote:In light of the two trialists getting a yes or no after tomorrows game, are we still expecting a forward and defender to sign today like Knill said could happen earlier in the week?
Unlikely I would guess
TUST member 328