Cox Resigns

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Further more George, you foretold the club would be gone by mid October, the club has since added Berry on a contract, now it's going down in November. Your credibility is sinking faster than the titanic, at least you've stopped posting as Yells that's something to be thankful for.
Formerly known as forevertufc
Georg

Post by Georg »

I've never posed as anyone else other than George so I dont know why your all getting your knickers in a twist again. Yesterdays result is all well and good but Boreham wood won incase you didnt notice so the team is still in the bottom four and a lot of work needs to be done. A conference premier team is more attractive than a conference south one , but thats still not bad as some of you make out.
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Scott Brehaut »

The further down the pyramid we are, the cheaper your mate Simon can buy the club off us, so of course relegation is ideal for you.

I was disappointed when Cox left, don't get me wrong, but it appeared that he only had one plan - Nico has at least identified where we were going wrong and been working on a solution - hence the better performances and, finally, a win.

Yeah, other clubs around us may have won too, but WE won as well - if we get a run going now we will, hopefully, start to pull away.

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com
Orange Gull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by Orange Gull »

George wrote:I've never posed as anyone else other than George so I dont know why your all getting your knickers in a twist again. Yesterdays result is all well and good but Boreham wood won incase you didnt notice so the team is still in the bottom four and a lot of work needs to be done. A conference premier team is more attractive than a conference south one , but thats still not bad as some of you make out.
You're still not answering the question. What happened on 14th September?
IanGull01
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Tim Sills

Post by IanGull01 »

Wouldn't worry about his comments anymore!!
Ho obviously hasn't got the minerals to come out and say what happened on 14th Sept.
He just likes keeping people guessing!!
divingbboy
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Kevin Nicholson

Post by divingbboy »

Yes, what is this mysterious event of 14th September? Is that when his alleged sponsor-supplied car was supposedly taken back and replaced?
TUST member 203
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

George wrote:I've never posed as anyone else other than George so I dont know why your all getting your knickers in a twist again.
Pull the other one, if you're not Yells, you and he/she went to the same school and were taught by the same teacher. It's patently obvious what you and your associates are after, if you had the clubs best interest at heart you'd in there now, knowing the state it's currently in, you're sat back waiting, hoping for it a fail and buy it for a £1, you won't be welcome.

Now do us a favour and answer the question, or disappear.
Formerly known as forevertufc
arcadia
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Jake Andrews

Post by arcadia »

George wrote:

How do you work that one out. The board let him down by renaging on certain terms of what he agreed and expecting him to work for nothing. The only person who let you down there was your own board.
He agreed to this when he took the job on you must be very sad if you think he did it for nothing. He got out, thinking there was a better job going and called the boards bluff.

Added in 1 minute 58 seconds:
Southampton Gull wrote:The Board didn't resign right before an important game..................

Nice one!
Georg

Post by Georg »

divingbboy wrote:Yes, what is this mysterious event of 14th September? Is that when his alleged sponsor-supplied car was supposedly taken back and replaced?

The car was only one part of it. The rest Im sure will come out in good time but as has been stated before it left people flabbergasted.
Jerry
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Jerry »

George wrote:
The car was only one part of it. The rest Im sure will come out in good time but as has been stated before it left people flabbergasted.
So flabbergasted that they can't speak of it?

As has been said by others, either tell us what it was or it will be assumed you are lying.

Personally I was flabbergasted at the excuse for a football team your mate Cox put onto the pitch, whatever it was that made him quit did us all a favour.
Georg

Post by Georg »

Assume Im lying then. I dont particularly care. Some of you need a reality check.

Even though the club is already over budget and need gates of 2,000 to break even at least , with some players on 1k a week and because of bad luck like young getting injured, in this league there are clubs paying much more spending power than torquay. Forest green for example have a striker on 2.5k a week and their defence is on an average of 1250 per week. Cheltenham are paying more than people make out too as are teams like wrexham tranmere and Grimsby. A lot of you say part time team this , part time team blah blah blah, but some of them are paying good money and only training twice a week.

The board have made it hard for themselves and a more pro active approach with proper clarity is required. At the end of the day it doesnt matter whether its Paul cox, kevin nicholson, Chris hargreaves or martin ling in the hot seat, its a thankless task and most managers who applied could probably see it. I sincerely hope that Kevin nicholson is allowed to get on with managing the team without the worry of whats going on in the boardroom or whos the next resignation is going to be.
Jerry
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Jerry »

George wrote:Assume Im lying then. I dont particularly care. Some of you need a reality check.

Even though the club is already over budget and need gates of 2,000 to break even at least , with some players on 1k a week and because of bad luck like young getting injured, in this league there are clubs paying much more spending power than torquay. Forest green for example have a striker on 2.5k a week and their defence is on an average of 1250 per week. Cheltenham are paying more than people make out too as are teams like wrexham tranmere and Grimsby. A lot of you say part time team this , part time team blah blah blah, but some of them are paying good money and only training twice a week.

The board have made it hard for themselves and a more pro active approach with proper clarity is required. At the end of the day it doesnt matter whether its Paul cox, kevin nicholson, Chris hargreaves or martin ling in the hot seat, its a thankless task and most managers who applied could probably see it. I sincerely hope that Kevin nicholson is allowed to get on with managing the team without the worry of whats going on in the boardroom or whos the next resignation is going to be.
NEWS FLASH!!!

Forest Green are spending a lot of money!

And so are Cheltenham, Wrexham, Tranmere and Grimsby!

Good job you're here to keep us informed George as I'm sure none of us was aware of that.
arcadia
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Jake Andrews

Post by arcadia »

George wrote:Assume Im lying then. I dont particularly care. Some of you need a reality check.

Your telling us nothing we don't know already.
I was there when Paul Cox told us he knew the situation and I think we are going on and on and on and round and round :Z
mushroom

Post by mushroom »

George wrote:

I have stayed off here as l felt clear issues threatening our Club were being treated with contempt
I can not recall the date but the 2 main reasons for PC departure were that a car with illegal tyres and not road worthy was presented to him for his long commute and most important that he introduced a genuine investor with football pedigree to DE who stated he would not allow that person to buy the Club during his tenure and ego problem if ever there was one
The Board have to find circa 100k by end of this month
A simple statement which either the Board can confirm or deny
PC is now working for a FL Club as adviser to its Chairman although his 1st preference is to go back into management
Georg

Post by Georg »

This is where everyone now starts telling you how wrong you are and how you dont care about Torquay united and only want to purchase the ground to develop. Im glad its not only me who is aware of the financial situation and how pracarious it is. Ill say it again - the club should have cut their losses and gone part time last summer. Theres absolutely no shame in it