NEW MANAGER GARY JOHNSON

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
MellowYellow
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Scott

Post by MellowYellow »

Plainmoor78 wrote: 13 Sep 2018, 15:22 :goodpost:
NILE RANGER ? Guilty to conspiracy to defraud - maybe a role as Osborne's accountant.
Plainmoor78
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by Plainmoor78 »

No one has mentioned or reported seeing Johnson attend one of our matches so not sure if he has any ideas yet who he would want to replace.
Certainly this appointment was arranged at least a week ago or more, possibly after the Hampton game. I suspect Osbourne needs to demonstrate that he is a responsible custodian of the club in order to push through his other plans and will be hoping that Johnson can provide enough distraction and success on the pitch to placate the majority of supporters and hoodwink the council.
A poster on here some time ago suggested that the planning application process will begin in November this year so everybody needs to keep vigilant.
arcadia
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Jake Andrews

Post by arcadia »

Watched his teams at City and this could not have been a better appointment at this level I expect it's a make or break one as well till the end of the season if we don't go up. Lets hope the crowd swells and gets behind him.
aggrey_25
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: aggrey

Post by aggrey_25 »

"We've already got five strikers, all capable of scoring goals"

come on be serious, they haven't done anything in the last 2 seasons, all have been crap... Reid should have left with owers, hopefully Johnson cuts him immediately, Williams just needs a kick up the ass and keating isn't exactly a goal scoring machine he just works hard, the player who has scored the most goals is on loan to truro for god sake!! embarrassing.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

Already saying the right things on this podcast!

https://www.devonlive.com/sport/footbal ... ss-2001810#
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
Rjc70
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tom Lapslie

Post by Rjc70 »

Southampton Gull wrote: 13 Sep 2018, 17:02 Already saying the right things on this podcast!

https://www.devonlive.com/sport/footbal ... ss-2001810#
Yeah, it’s a good listen.
TUST_Member_Rob

Post by TUST_Member_Rob »

joining interview on the clubs youtube

Totnes_Yellow
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Jo Kuffour

Post by Totnes_Yellow »

Wonderful news. Really brightened up my day. Will be nice to have some positivity around the club.
Midlandgull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: O'Kane
Watches from: Pop side

Post by Midlandgull »

Absolutely buzzing with this news. This could be the re-birth of TUFC!
Teigngull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Jackie Gallagher

Post by Teigngull »

Keating puts me in mind of Dean Edwards, like bambi on speed.
Edwards scoring ratio in his time at United was 1 goal in every 3.86 games or 116 appearances & 30 goals .
westyorkshiregull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: mark loram

Post by westyorkshiregull »

Biggest buzz since promotion in 2009 for me ...yep won nothing yet but a proper proven manager with experience and contacts. Can't help but think GI mean business. What a statement !!!
happytorq
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Kevin Hill
Watches from: The sofa

Post by happytorq »

Way behind on TUFC news of late - I've been at a conference and am just now catching up with stuff. Anyway, Gary Johnson is a far better appointment than any of us really expected. Given Osbourne's apparent agenda it was surprising to me that Ower was even giving the spanish archer - thought he'd be there all the way down. And even though GO's position had clearly become untenable, one he did go I thought it'd be some former player on the cheap.

I don't want to congratulate CO too much - I still have very strong doubts about his motives (by which I mean; I'm pretty damn certain of his motives) - but I can't think of anybody that he could have brought it who'd better back up his claim that he wants the club to be back in the FL. So I guess in that respect you have to at least grudgingly nod in his direction.
Images for Avatar Copyright Historical Football Kits and reproduced by kind permission.

Eam non defectum. Ego potest tractare quod. Est spes occidit me.
happytorq
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Kevin Hill
Watches from: The sofa

Post by happytorq »

[edit - i inadvertently quoted myself so Im removing it]
Last edited by happytorq on 13 Sep 2018, 19:00, edited 1 time in total.
Images for Avatar Copyright Historical Football Kits and reproduced by kind permission.

Eam non defectum. Ego potest tractare quod. Est spes occidit me.
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Well this news brighten up the hectic day I was having at work. I know what I said yesterday about looking for a young hungry, the next Danny Cowley, however I can't, no one can deny this is a cracking appointment for TUFC.

Listened to his interviews, to me, he's already brightened up the place, and what a difference to hear someone talk the club up, and come across with some positivity, not heard that for a long time. Really hoping that the fans turn up in droves now, time to end these boycotts, as Gary Johnson in many ways has rubber stamped the owners plans for the club (still need to be on guard though) More importantly is, it's up to us the fans now to help GJ lift the players spirits by being more patient at the games, and be the players 12th man.

Gary Johnson is going to need time, Rome wasn't built in a day, so he will need some patience from us also. All in all a good day for the club.
Formerly known as forevertufc
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Chris Myers

Post by lucy6lucy »

Feeling very positive. Cracking appointment. Johnson says is has been a hectic 36 hours, this suggests he was approached on Tuesday whilst Owers was still the manager until Wednesday
Lucy