Torquay United v Borehamwood 3/8/19

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
standupsitdown
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Watches from: Pop side

Post by standupsitdown »

wivelgull wrote: 05 Aug 2019, 15:37 Just watched the official TUFC tv highlights. It was a terrible foul by Fyfield, but I thought their captain (Champion) dealt with the situation very well (watch the episode and you'll see).
Just watched that. Yes he did. Very impressive.

And what a goal from Reid.
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

On those highlights 2-1 flattered them and we could quite easily have scored half a dozen.
Steve_TUFC
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Steve_TUFC »

Reidy’s not a happy chappy at the end of the game!
wivelgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by wivelgull »

Why was that? He was MoM and scored a good goal.
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Colin Bettany

Post by tomogull »

wivelgull wrote: 06 Aug 2019, 13:11 Why was that? He was MoM and scored a good goal.
It looked as if he was having a go at someone, doesn't it? I hope it wasn't Niate. Niate looked distraught as he was leaving the pitch and he didn't join in the celebrations. It was good to see Shaun MacDonald consoling him. I don't think GJ will leave him out tonight as his experience will be needed against Nathan Blisset and MacCullum who must be about the most lethal strike partnership in the National League. Unfortunately, Niate reminds me of Jimmy Aggrey. You're never sure he isn't going to make a mistake. For 89 minutes, he did okay, but he will be remembered for that last minute indecision which could have cost us 2 points. Football is an unforgiving game.

Yes - fair play to Champion, the B/Wood captain, who took a bit of stick from the crowd for an earlier off the ball incident involving Duku. He dealt with a potential ugly situation very well by calming down players on both sides :clap: