Woking v Torquay United 3/9/19

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
Nick Potkins
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by Nick Potkins »

I believe that was a well earned point away from home to the league leaders, with three key midfield payers picking up injuries. Woking clearly have a team who I believe will challenge in this league, with a number of very tall players and skilled players to open team up.

Amani Little picked up an injury on 34 minutes, Aaron Downes says in his interview it was a hamstring tweak, fingers crossed that is all it is.

Connor Lemonheigh-Evans played the whole first half while feeling his ankle, having been taken out in a very hard, but fair tackle early on. Fingers crossed he’s ok, as was running the show out wide tonight.

Asa Hall again got caught early on, but ran it off all night to help drive the team forward.

Tonight’s officials were very poor, this is not to say it cost us, they were simply very poor. Manny Duku goal appeared a mile offside, I was not in line with it. However, the linesman failed to give it, only doing so when the referee did. The other linesman on our side got four or five throws the wrong way and a number of off sides wrong. It will be interesting to see Ben Whitfield’s goal, was the defender pushed over inside the six yard box!

Special mention to the back four that was some bombardment at times. Joe Lewis was outstanding tonight for someone so young and playing his first game, we could have missed Jean Koue-Niate big time tonight, so well played Joe.

When watching the highlights look out for Jamie Read’s shot that hit the woodwork, how did it stay out!

Well done to the 272 travelling fans, did someone stop counting it appeared a lot more?
arcadia
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Jake Andrews

Post by arcadia »

This was a good point and one of the best defensive performances of this season Joe Lewis came into the side and played really well alongside Cameron with Davis and Wynter the fullbacks. Wynter had a good game but should ask himself how many crosses did his winger get in, to try and improve his game. The game was littered with injuries Little,Evans and Hall all had knocks and looked bad ones. Reid could of put us ahead in a first half in which we were the better side hitting the crossbar after splitting the Woking defense. 272 Torquay supporters got behind the team. Garry Johnson has signed two players in Whitfield and Cundy. Cundy played against us last season for Bath and is now with Bristol City. Vincent was my man of the match he was everywhere and Lewis a close second. An Andrews free kick to Whitfield who headed home gave us a deserved draw. Great game.

Our former player did a job for them but when you press his head his leg kicks the ball he was like a table football player. :keepie:
desperado
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by desperado »

Funny how we all see the game differently,
I wouldn't have said Duku gave their defenders a 'torrid time' - he should have done - Wynter crossed the ball for the goal and regarding the challenge on CLE I'm not sure it was a fair challenge in this day and age, Poku who is no stranger to bookings and sending offs knew exactly what he was doing with his , to be polite, over zealous challenge. Differing opinions on Vincent too, I thought he was excellent for the most part. Lewis very good too and Covolan has been very impressive so far. Reidy so unlucky with that strike, an inch to the left and it's in off the post. If all fit will be interesting to see which four play across the middle as we have Evans, Hall, Little, Vincent, Kalala, Andrews ,Edwards, Whitfield, Dickson and Keating to choose from. Would like to see another striker !
arcadia
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Jake Andrews

Post by arcadia »

Duku struggled to get in the game I did not want to run anyone down in a team performance or shall I say squad. I agree about another striker but there is always the lad at Tiverton
Golgo
New Signing
New Signing
Favourite player: Armani Little

Post by Golgo »

Gerring = Player of the month!