Torquay Summer Transfers Thread INs and OUTs

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
tommygull
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Tim Sills

Post by tommygull »

How long is Rowe-Turner's deal? Is he one for the future because I haven't seen much of him.
:( Tommy :)
stevegull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Bedeau

Post by stevegull »

Regarding Macklin's three-year deal... I don't know if the decision to give him such a long deal was as a backlash to losing Muzzy on the cheap just as he was hitting form for us and so they didn't want to lose out again on someone of high potential. Also, i do seem to remember many people questioning Muzzy as a player and then he came up trumps (albeit briefly) for the run of last season. Although with our budget i'm not sure if we can afford to have these types of 'development' players who are on high wages. Surely we can get the same kind of potential off the youth squad such as what we have seen with Halpin, who is clearly rated higher than Macklin at this moment in terms of squad status.

Same applies to Danny IMO, would be best for both parties if he moved on. He is getting old enough to presumably want to start in a team but instead he is stewing on our bench, while using quite a bit of the board's money. I'm sure he can drop down to BSP and do well or maybe even a league 2 club. Good luck to him if he goes, although i won't be distraught if he stays....
Maybe one day, Carayol will find London...
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

tommygull wrote:How long is Rowe-Turner's deal? Is he one for the future because I haven't seen much of him.

Unless some among us are psychic/clairvoyant, then none of us know for sure what the immediate/long term future has in store for any of us. :|
Friend of TorquayFans.com
Member of the Month November 2020
Southampton Gull: "Well deserved"
happytorq
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Kevin Hill
Watches from: The sofa

Post by happytorq »

Trojan 67 wrote:
I knew you'd say that.
Images for Avatar Copyright Historical Football Kits and reproduced by kind permission.

Eam non defectum. Ego potest tractare quod. Est spes occidit me.
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

happytorq wrote: I knew you'd say that.

Well, at least one among us is psychic/clairvoyant. :clap:
Friend of TorquayFans.com
Member of the Month November 2020
Southampton Gull: "Well deserved"
Fonda
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Super Jason Fowler

Post by Fonda »

Modgull wrote: Its precisely because of our small budget that we have less accomplished players on the fringes of the squad! These guys are probably cheap and presumably happy to play reserve football and get the odd game in the first team.

They probably also recognise their own limitations without causing ill-feeling which you can get with two genuine first teams in the squad.
Yes I understand the theory of filling the bench with players earning less - but i very much doubt Stevens is earning significantly less than many of those regularly in the team. If we are going to seperate the 'players' from the 'squad fillers' we could probably get someone cheaper, that could perform the role just as well.
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."
yellowforever
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Our next signing

Post by yellowforever »

I don't think Stevens is quite good enough..

As Peterborough being my second team, i could say that these would be players that maybe would be worth a look;

Arron Davies: Starred for Yeovil a couple of years ago and earnt him a £1m move to Notts Forrest. Since then, not done quite as well. Winger/striker. Not sure with Johnson leaving whether he'll stay very long.. Though i suspect AC Northampton will outprice us ;-). Definitely worth a look if we can't keep Robinson.

Lee Frecklington: Good all round midfielder, only played 9 times this season, but i think he'd be a fantastic signing here. With Stanley likely to sign it seems, possibly not needed.

Dave Hibbert: The player i'd like to see the most. 6'2 target man, but pretty good on the floor, apparently.. He's only had a handful of substitute appearances this season, but I think we need someone like him in the team to lead the line. Scored 14 goals for Shrewsbury the season before.

Well those are who i'd like to see. None would probably come cheap, and it'd likely to be a similar sort of deal to Rendell should the small chance come that they sign.
"We are now so far up sh*t creek our boat is actually poking out the end of someones toilet bowl."
Brucie. 27/02/14
PlainmoorRoar
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by PlainmoorRoar »

GK Jake Cole released by Barnet
TUFC FACEBOOK PAGE - https://www.facebook.com/insideplainmoor
TUFC TWITTER PAGE - https://twitter.com/TUFC1899

Torquay United Supporters Trust member - Join the TUST now!
tufcbrett
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Who gets us a win!

Post by tufcbrett »

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/13518532.stm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Pringle has been told by derby he can leave on a free in the summer. I doubt we would get him but i liked him when on loan with us.
happytorq
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Watches from: The sofa

Post by happytorq »

Still think we should wait until we know what division we're in, and who our manager will be, before really getting going with transfer rumours.
Images for Avatar Copyright Historical Football Kits and reproduced by kind permission.

Eam non defectum. Ego potest tractare quod. Est spes occidit me.
TUFC92
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by TUFC92 »

On twitter Stanners is still saying to the other lads hopefully see you next year etc so I'm still hopeful of him signing tbh!
diamondgirl
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Aaron Downes

Post by diamondgirl »

TUFC92 wrote:On twitter Stanners is still saying to the other lads hopefully see you next year etc so I'm still hopeful of him signing tbh!
I still think it will depend on Bucks. If he does go to Bristol Rovers, or anywhere else, then I can see him (Bucks) taking a few players with him. My guess would be Stanners, Eunon, Mark Ellis and possibly Zebs. I do hope I'm wrong. I would really love Bucks to stay and the players, that I have mentioned, as well. Would hate to lose any of them. :-/
"Thing's turn out best when you make the best of the way thing's turn out."
TUFC92
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by TUFC92 »

diamondgirl wrote: I still think it will depend on Bucks. If he does go to Bristol Rovers, or anywhere else, then I can see him (Bucks) taking a few players with him. My guess would be Stanners, Eunon, Mark Ellis and possibly Zebs. I do hope I'm wrong. I would really love Bucks to stay and the players, that I have mentioned, as well. Would hate to lose any of them. :-/
People keep saying this but Rovers would have to pay for Bucks, and Eunan, Mark and Zebs are all under contract for next season, so they'd have to pay for them too. Personally don't think its enough, but I feel the club would accept in the region of £100k for each player, although like I said all three should be going for a hell of a lot more. I just don't think the Rovers have that kind of money. Are they really likely to have £350/£400k to spend this summer?
diamondgirl
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Aaron Downes

Post by diamondgirl »

No they dont have money, so I am given to understand, so maybe you could be right TUFC92. Not sure if they would have to pay compo for Bucks. He's on a 12 month rolling contract so not sure how that would work. Anybody?
"Thing's turn out best when you make the best of the way thing's turn out."
Fonda
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Super Jason Fowler

Post by Fonda »

If he is on a rolling contract, he always effectively has a year to run - which would mean (i assume) Rovers would have to pay us whatever Bucks salary is for a year? I've seen suggestion that his contract expires in October though - so isn't 'rolling' at all.

As for who he'd take, i imagine he'd be looking at those players out of contract - starting with Stanners and Branno. The only two players he might try and poach from us are Zebs and Eunan. He hasn't picked Ellis nearly regularly enough to think he rates him as highly as some do.
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."