Your best ever XI.

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
TUFC92
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by TUFC92 »

Mo Gull wrote:Being captain doesn't mean Curran was any good. I don't think i saw the guy win a header.

Hockley was overweight, and although he did tackling as you said, and he never stopped tying to. His lack of fitness meant there was a very small 'zone of terror' he inflicted. Couldn't shoot, cross or switch play. He played so much, purely because we went through a phase of thinking we had an abundance of talent coming through our youth system, which wasn't true.

Darby and moore would probably get us double the fee they did if we had them now, but with inflation, that's not actualy that much more. But 5 years ago, yup, we'd have been skipping to the bank. (we have a bank right?)

On another point, what ever happened to a youngster we had - Bond i think he was called. Kain bond? Didn't plymouth nick him as the next big thing? Never heard of him since. Prob 7 years ago.
Kain Bond is a tattoo artist at Phil Bonds Tattoo parlour on Tor Hill Road I think it is. His brother Clay was the one who was at Plymouth, and also played in Spain I believe.
A J
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: David Graham

Post by A J »

Correct. Kain Bond turned professional and made a few sub appearances. Clay Bond, the younger brother, was taken from our (defunct?) youth team by Plymouth. He did play in Sweden and Spain and I think now plays for Dawlish?
yellow
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Situation Vacant

Post by yellow »

usagullmichigan wrote: When Torquay played Coventry in the cup Caldwell tore the sky blues apart. The Sun the next day gave him man of the match and asked what he was doing at Torquay. We were robbed in that game. Cyril frickin Regis.
I wouldn t have dirty Dave Caldwell in my best X1, but if it was the most characterful X1 he would be in there like a shot.

He terrorised defenders like no one else. I will never forget the play off final of 1988 against Swansea. Their goalkeeper was sh1ting bricks during our second half onslaught..
"A day without football is a day lost" (Ernst Happel)
"Look at the (Plainmoor) stars, Look how they shine for you, And everything you do, Yeah they were all yellow" (C. Martin)