Two Poss Signings

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Fonda
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Super Jason Fowler

Post by Fonda »

I wouldn't want to write the lad off withought having seen him play, but you could find a few decent clips of any player that's played the game for a while (even Danny Stevens). I hear Bebe was likened to Ronaldo based on his promotional video.
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

TCP wrote:Have you ever seen him play?

I also know Luton and Stevenage fans who were thoroughly unimpressed by him.

P.S. Who is this Brucie chap you're referring to? Forsyth?

EDIT: Having read some of his postings, I see what you mean now :rofl:
My point is; there is nothing in your posts so far to suggest that you have, completely invalidating your post as pure speculation.

I can point you in the direction of somewhere in the order of 30,000 suppoprters of clubs around the country who will swear that Guy Branston is the poorest excuse for a footballer in the history of the game. Ask a TFC fan their opinion, adn you'll be met with the opening line stating that he was our POTS last year.

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
Warwickgull
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: HOWE

Post by Warwickgull »

I realise the video is only clips etc however after looking at various others goal videos of him on youtube (mainly for Luton), he seems to have something about him. Obviously you dont go with someone just on the strength of a few clips but thats obviously why Ling has him on what is a fairly long trial.

His Luton goal clips are strange, a few decent finishes, but when the ball hits the net he doesn't even celebrate, nothing at all. Just stops turns and wonders back towards his own half casually like hes wondering down the high street lol, very odd!
Everybody has a photographic memory, some people just dont have film.
Jeff
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by Jeff »

Well on the basis of his promotional video I'm sold!

In all seriousness, he looked pretty handy. You can question the standard of the opposition, but some of the thing he was doing were technically very good, and that would apply at any level. Some of the finishes - particularly the Tamworth goal where he turns 2 defenders and slots it in, and the American goal where he shoots across the keeper on the run - were very impressive, and he's clearly good in the air. Obviously there was a lot of footage of him being good at Tamworth, which to date is the only club where he'd settled and had a consistent run. I hope he does well in trials and Ling can get that form out of him.

On a serious note though, lets say we were to sign him - does he still have an active role in the Kenyan national side? As if so, we could end up losing him for international duty!
tufcbrett
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Who gets us a win!

Post by tufcbrett »

Jeff wrote:Well on the basis of his promotional video I'm sold!

In all seriousness, he looked pretty handy. You can question the standard of the opposition, but some of the thing he was doing were technically very good, and that would apply at any level. Some of the finishes - particularly the Tamworth goal where he turns 2 defenders and slots it in, and the American goal where he shoots across the keeper on the run - were very impressive, and he's clearly good in the air. Obviously there was a lot of footage of him being good at Tamworth, which to date is the only club where he'd settled and had a consistent run. I hope he does well in trials and Ling can get that form out of him.

On a serious note though, lets say we were to sign him - does he still have an active role in the Kenyan national side? As if so, we could end up losing him for international duty!
I think he would be handy, theres more to scoring goals as a forward. Yes i know its a big part but theres no reason why he cant score his fair share. In america its not bad standard and he showed he could have some good moments against them, hes worth a trial and if he impresses in training and on the pitch in the friendlys then he should have the right to earn a contract.

Bit harsh to say stevenage let him go so we shouldnt buy him, as they have been promoted to league 1 as we all sadly know and they need new players.
CP Gull

Post by CP Gull »

tufcbrett wrote:Bit harsh to say stevenage let him go so we shouldnt buy him, as they have been promoted to league 1 as we all sadly know and they need new players.
Don't think their promotion had anything to do with it to be honest as he was released by them a couple of weeks before the Play Off Final.
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

A new recent member to the forum (Miss Golly Girl) may be able to enlighten us more about Taiwo Atieno as GG is Kenyan. :-D
Friend of TorquayFans.com
Member of the Month November 2020
Southampton Gull: "Well deserved"
stefano
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Don Mills

Post by stefano »

Warwickgull wrote:I realise the video is only clips etc however after looking at various others goal videos of him on youtube (mainly for Luton), he seems to have something about him. Obviously you dont go with someone just on the strength of a few clips but thats obviously why Ling has him on what is a fairly long trial.

His Luton goal clips are strange, a few decent finishes, but when the ball hits the net he doesn't even celebrate, nothing at all. Just stops turns and wonders back towards his own half casually like hes wondering down the high street lol, very odd!
Oh I don't know didn't an England manager select an Arsenal reserve and youth team player for the World Cup squad on that basis having never seen him play? ;-)
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

stefano wrote:Oh I don't know didn't an England manager select an Arsenal reserve and youth team player for the World Cup squad on that basis having never seen him play? ;-)

Kenny Veysey ? Joe Kuffour ? ;-)

Lee Canonball ? :nod: :rofl:

Oops :Oops: Lee Canoville. :nod: :-D
hector
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: jim mcnichol

Post by hector »

Fonda wrote: Just one question to answer then. Minor point really. Does he know where the goal is...?
Don't think he does - not if you check his stats anyway.
hector
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: jim mcnichol

Post by hector »

happytorq wrote: Please - if you stitch together my better moments at Clennon Valley's 7-a-side moments, I'd look like a world beater. Of course, you'd edit out the misplaced passes, mistimed tackles and general crapness.

I never look on YouTube videos as anything other than a highly selective reminder of what people can do if given enough chances and someone who can edit videos.
I heard you were shit!
mickyflash
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by mickyflash »

I think its pretty obvious that we are going to end up signing Atieno, not because he is good enough but because he makes up the numbers and Ling clearly doesnt have his fingers in as many pies as he made out. we are all desperate to see our attacking line boosted and clearly Ling is too. Does anyone know where Roscoe is playing these days?
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

mickyflash wrote:I think its pretty obvious that we are going to end up signing Atieno, not because he is good enough but because he makes up the numbers and Ling clearly doesnt have his fingers in as many pies as he made out. we are all desperate to see our attacking line boosted and clearly Ling is too. Does anyone know where Roscoe is playing these days?

:lol:
fatboywoz
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: danny stevens

Post by fatboywoz »

wow,rufus brevett thats a name i havent heard for a while.i remember him playing for doncaster for a couple of seasons against us and then he went on to play at high levels even premiership i think.the rivalry and contest between him and our paul smith was a much made of thing when we played doncaster.smithy used to win and give him a bit of a roasting every time if i remember rightly.i was at plainmoor the night smithys hamstring went 90/91 and he wasnt the same again,in fact i dont remember him playing much after.but he was the quickest i have ever seen in a torquay shirt with or without ball.i digress,maybethis subject should be a new thread. :scarf:
tufcbrett
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Who gets us a win!

Post by tufcbrett »

Ling is set to meet with at least one of his striker targets in london over the weekend.
Plus it looks like Robbo is staying too.

http://www.thisisdevon.co.uk/ROBBO-BIG- ... story.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Guessing time people, what strikers in the London area i would guess, could Ling be meeting.
If Ling is looking at Non-league players the Lloyd Owusu who left Luton maybe?