Bid for Benyon rejected!

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
vinny
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Jordan Chappel

Post by vinny »

Looks like he`s gone, according to this.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elliot_Benyon
CraigUnder
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by CraigUnder »

i am not sure about this wiki stuff vinny, anyone can write that and until confirmation on the OS then i am taking this as another rumour.
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Scott Brehaut »

vinny wrote:Looks like he`s gone, according to this.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elliot_Benyon
Wikipedia? Seriously?

Come on, there are no links to any source of reference. I could edit that article to say Arsenal have paid 100 million quid for him. Doesn't make it true.

Need something a bit more official than that!!

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com
vinny
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Jordan Chappel

Post by vinny »

Really? Didnt know. Well i hope its aload of rubbish then.
westbaygull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by westbaygull »

Just read this rumour on the Bees forum - maybe they have seen the wiki link too then....?
CraigUnder
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by CraigUnder »

westbaygull wrote:Just read this rumour on the Bees forum - maybe they have seen the wiki link too then....?
jane. who are the bees? :Oops: stupid question i know :)
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Scott Brehaut »

tufcgull wrote: jane. who are the bees? :Oops: stupid question i know :)
Brentford

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com
westbaygull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by westbaygull »

Best team in West London, hun :)

Just had a bit more of a dig,, think it was only speculation following the BBC 'League One club' bit, as opposed to an 'in the know' posting...

Edit - nah - they're wondering if it's Huddersfield sniffing around Benners now. Reckon this is just a bit of Wiki mischief..
roland1599
Trialist
Trialist
Favourite player: noone

Post by roland1599 »

Could you tell me more …
yellowforever
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Our next signing

Post by yellowforever »

I think the fee realisticly would be around £50-£60k up front with as much as £30k in future fees regarding goals & appearences. No doubt we'll sell him for less than what he's worth to us, once again proved today. Right now I wouldn't take penny short of £100k in my mind, considering we sold David Graham for more than double that.. Let's not sell him at the start of the window, wait to the end to give him longer to help us further and inflate his fee as clubs get desperate!

I reckon he'll be off to Peterborough, the other team i support by the way! He's good friends with Johnson, we've just sold Maclean as well as 3 others already and there is money avaiable. He'd be next to the hard working Mackail-Smith, or the underused target man Hibbert, who i think he'll do well with.
Last edited by yellowforever on 03 Jan 2011, 22:23, edited 1 time in total.
"We are now so far up sh*t creek our boat is actually poking out the end of someones toilet bowl."
Brucie. 27/02/14
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

from what ive been told we've more chance of keeping him than someone else...............
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Sponsors of Lirak Hasani, 2024-2025
We now head Due South to all games!

TUST Member 468

Plymouth Gull

Post by Plymouth Gull »

We need to stop being mugged off. He's worth at least 100k. He has the potential to be a leading League One/bottom half Championship goalscorer if he keeps working at it. His goal tally continues to improve season on season, which is impressive considering he could have thrown the towel in and not bothered when he originally signed for us, being behind Phillips & Sillsy.

As I mentioned on another thread, Rotherham rate Le Fondre at £2m. He is not 20 times better than Benyon. Nowhere near. Craig Davies is being touted with £500k moves from Chesterfield to teams like QPR & Sheffield United.

Basically, what I'm trying to say is, anything under £100,000 and we've been ridiculously done over.

SNW; that someone else being Ellis or O'Kane?
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

NickGull wrote:We need to stop being mugged off. He's worth at least 100k. He has the potential to be a leading League One/bottom half Championship goalscorer if he keeps working at it. His goal tally continues to improve season on season, which is impressive considering he could have thrown the towel in and not bothered when he originally signed for us, being behind Phillips & Sillsy.

As I mentioned on another thread, Rotherham rate Le Fondre at £2m. He is not 20 times better than Benyon. Nowhere near. Craig Davies is being touted with £500k moves from Chesterfield to teams like QPR & Sheffield United.

Basically, what I'm trying to say is, anything under £100,000 and we've been ridiculously done over.

SNW; that someone else being Ellis or O'Kane?

i really cant say nick................ :rofl: ;-)
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Sponsors of Lirak Hasani, 2024-2025
We now head Due South to all games!

TUST Member 468

yellowforever
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Our next signing

Post by yellowforever »

SuperNickyWroe wrote: i really cant say nick................ :rofl: ;-)
Rowe-Turner linked with Man City again? I thought the £30m asking price put Mancini off.. :rofl:
"We are now so far up sh*t creek our boat is actually poking out the end of someones toilet bowl."
Brucie. 27/02/14
PlainmoorRoar
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by PlainmoorRoar »

Reading the comments on .com bucks sounds very unlikely we will keep hold of him,

does his contract run out at the end of the season?

if so why not get 100K ( if that offered appeared) now to invest rather than maybe gain a playoff place and have him leave on a free in June.

although he is 23 would we entitled to compensation?
TUFC FACEBOOK PAGE - https://www.facebook.com/insideplainmoor
TUFC TWITTER PAGE - https://twitter.com/TUFC1899

Torquay United Supporters Trust member - Join the TUST now!