plainmoor members' club

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
numpte
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Me

Post by numpte »

I'm rather underwhelmed by the relaunch and maybe following Portugull in not bothering anymore. If the club cant be bothered.....
TUST #324
AndyC
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Mark Ellis

Post by AndyC »

Likewise. Disappointing that something with a little more thought wasn't created. Was a chance to do something different
stratfordgull
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Bobby O...oh no

Post by stratfordgull »

Agreed..like a lot on here I rarely get to a home game and so my hard earned goes to the likes of Swindon and Crawley who really don't need it.

Think I mentioned on here before, but something like a home matchday programme subscription would suit me - I presume they would usually be printed and ready on a Friday so could be posted out to arrive on a Saturday (ie for a Saturday game). So for my £15 a month it would cost the club (say £5 per programme to cover the normal price plus postage) £115 over the year for 23 home league matchday programmes, but I'm actually contributing to, and feeling that I'm getting something from my membership of £15 over 12 months.
Okay, so at that rate it isn't massive profits, but the club is gaining some profit, and hopefully getting more engagement from us exiles by keeping in regular contact. Might entice more to join and to buy some more stuff?
Or something like the signed shirt that is currently on sale in the club shop for £60 - £15 each month gets me one of those at the end of the season say? That's £30 for the shirt and no cost for an apprentice to sit and sign everyone's name (£) ?
bixieupnorth
Legend
Legend

Post by bixieupnorth »

im still gonna join. seems a shame that again its not sparked much interest. i'm one of the few who doesnt want anything back, i just want to help the club out, the discount on entrance fee is a bonus if i do make it down to devon during the season. other than that i'm just happy that i can give a little of my spare cash to the club i love! i suspect i will be a part of a very small pool of donors

pain that i have to get fresh pictures and do it all again, and i'm certain to lose my cherished card no 0001!
still keeping the faith
bixieupnorth
Legend
Legend

Post by bixieupnorth »

just heard back from pete legg at plainmoor and he's confirmed that I don't need to reapply and will be fine with existing card and direct debit!
still keeping the faith
numpte
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Me

Post by numpte »

Question - Do Members get priority tickets for cup games? When I joined a few years ago I seemed to recall this was the case but in all the priority ticket games since, I've not seen it mentioned. This , the card fiasco last year and the so called re launch leads me to beleive club doesn't take it seriously.
TUST #324
Glostergull
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by Glostergull »

the_shredder wrote::) in all honesty, i'm a nice person and would never wish bad in any shape or form, on anyone.

However, when internet forum mode is engaged, i'll give as good as i get, so if i get sh*t, you can guarantee to read a pile of dung from me too :devil:
Oh, I wouldn't worry too much about that. We are well used to dung having read more than a few of Matts postings. I am just glad that we can't have smellyvision on here.
Last edited by Glostergull on 26 Jun 2012, 11:37, edited 1 time in total.
Always Look on the bright side of life

Check out my poems topic... http://www.torquayfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4843
Glostergull
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by Glostergull »

Southampton Gull wrote:I crossed a line and was rude? Behave.

NO, you cannot compare the two, PERIOD.

Bit messy if that's the result. Yuk
Always Look on the bright side of life

Check out my poems topic... http://www.torquayfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4843
portugull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: lee mansell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by portugull »

I despair!! If this is the relaunch it is deeply disappointing.

My first point is that it says on the OS that its a 9 month scheme and then quotes August to May which in fact is 10 months!

All Socio/Members schemes across Europe are 12 month schemes as if you support your club you do so for the whole year. If you belong to a golf, tennis, squash, badminton club etc you pay a years subscription, not 9 months. It also complicates the bankers order system unnecessarily and increases administration.

I honestly do not believe the good folk at Plainmoor who try hard have the faintest idea how to run a members club. It is so obvious. After the first year they changed the structure of the scheme and now they have done it again.

I know that no two clubs are the same but the official announcement is so lacking in information and completely fails to address the numerous issues I have raised on this site in the past. If you have a members scheme you have to promote it, in the match day programme, on the website and at reception at Plainmoor. With our scheme you stumble across it by accident to find that it exists and each year the club `moves the goalposts` by tinkering with the scheme instead of setting it up correctly in the first place.

I think the major problem is that the club simply dont know how to set the scheme up correctly because of a lack of understanding. I am not convinced that the Board are fully behind the scheme which has huge potential if it is set up and managed correctly.

I will be in the Bay in July and would be more than willing to spend some time at Plainmoor if the management felt that my knowledge of such schemes could be of some use to the club.

Honestly this scheme could be so much better.
bixieupnorth
Legend
Legend

Post by bixieupnorth »

yeah its a real shame, my DD was set up and still pays £15 every month thru the whole year, but that was my choice to leave it that way

its vanished completely off the OS a week after it was first posted, considering that the traffic there in the summer is obviously a lot lower than during the season, it looks like v2.0 will simply fade away as well

could be another great opportunity missed, it needs to be left on the front page so as many people as possible sign up, if we manage to pay a couple players wages then its got to be worth doing surely?
still keeping the faith
portugull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by portugull »

bixie I think your post proves my point that banks struggle with bankers orders with gaps i.e. pay for 9 montys and then resume after a 3 month gap.
Makes no sense.
A Candy
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by A Candy »

Good Morning,
Thank you for your feedback on the Membership Scheme and I regret that it has not satisfied everyone's requirements. We have had considerable feedback from members who in the whole have requested a 9 months scheme to reflect the duration of the season. These fans indicated that they did not want to be paying during the summer when there was no football action at Plainmoor. We also had a problem in that a few members cancelled their direct debit once the season finished and we are now spending valuable time chasing them for outstanding payments.
The plan is to keep the monthly payment the same for the foreseeable future so that members do not have to change their direct debit each season. The price per game may change to reflect price variations each season.
I have asked the Webmaster to keep bringing this item forward on the home page to give it maximum publicity. It is a permanent item under the "Ticket" tab on the official site.
Finally,thank you Portugull for your offer of help. It would be very good to meet you once you are in this country so please make contact and perhaps come and visit me.
Best wishes,
Andrew
portugull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by portugull »

I would like to thank Andrew Candy for his response and I would be more than happy to visit Plainmoor Andrew and will be in touch next week when I am in the UK.
portugull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by portugull »

I would like to thank Andrew Candy for his response and I would be more than happy to visit Plainmoor Andrew and will be in touch next week when I am in the UK.
A Candy
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by A Candy »

Thanks Portugull, I shall look forward to hearing from you next week.
Regards,
Andrew