Has O'Kane Gone Yet?

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
blueboy
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by blueboy »

Gullscorer wrote: Which could perhaps pave the way for Billy Bodin to move to Torquay?
He seems to think it's cash only. He may just be talking BS though.
Regiment
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Regiment »

swindon have just released a bunch of players to make room for new arrivals, so i'd think it's definitely possible that they're back in for him. also been suggested that crewe are looking to take bodin, so that would be more cash with which to buy eunan or maybe the bodin-eunan switch is also being thrashed out, which is causing delays. who knows :|
Brady

I Wish I Was There
cambgull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: All Of Them

Post by cambgull »

Jonathan Smith might be worth a shout but I can see him going to a League 1 club. Magera will expect £3k a week to play absolutely rubbish for half the season and we don't need a back up keeper.

As for any Eunan switch, I think Eunan going to Swindon would be hit or miss, he'd really need to hit the ground running under PDC and if he doesn't perform in the first few games, he'll get left to drag his feet in the reserves. On the other side of the coin, he might have a flying start and become a crucial player in their team and attract some big club attention. If I were a footballer, I wouldn't want that risk. It's a coin flip on whether you play Championship/Premiership football or end up in the Conference with a career going downhill. David Graham anyone?
Luke.

"Successful applicants need not apply"
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

This whole Eunan O'kane/Mark Ellis situation it's fair to say is now boring the shitless out of me, and really begining to irrtate me some what.

This O'Kane/Ellis thing should have done and dusted one way or another by now, I have started to form the opinion, in fact prehaps it's now obvious that E-O-K agent is advisng Eunan to hang on right to the 11th hour before deciding his next move, to see what or how many offers come in.

Eunan has been to Crawley, and if Swindon had come back and triggered the clause, he has had more than enough time to have gone to Swindon, had a look and done the personal terms.

Marl Ellis os out of contract, therefore does "not" need any permission from Torquay, to speak to and agree to sign for another club, nor does he need to wait for a compensation fee to be agreed before signing for another club, as if no agreement can be reached, the matter would go to a tribunal, and thats the risk the buying and selling club take.

So I am sure Mark Ellis is playing the same game, thanks a bunch guys, loyality and respect swings both ways, time for a our club for once to stand up and get abit tough here, they both have had long enough, give them untill the weekend, and for god sake TUFC,shut the door or them and move on.

If either had had any real wish to say, they would have made their minds up by now.
Formerly known as forevertufc
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

blueboy wrote: A mate of mine who's a Swindon fan seems to think they're back in for him.

Look back a page, I'd already stated they had made him an offer, despite denials from Dick Canio
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
usagullmichigan
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by usagullmichigan »

forevertufc wrote:This whole Eunan O'kane/Mark Ellis situation it's fair to say is now boring the sh*t out of me, and really begining to irrtate me some what.

This O'Kane/Ellis thing should have done and dusted one way or another by now, I have started to form the opinion, in fact prehaps it's now obvious that E-O-K agent is advisng Eunan to hang on right to the 11th hour before deciding his next move, to see what or how many offers come in.

Eunan has been to Crawley, and if Swindon had come back and triggered the clause, he has had more than enough time to have gone to Swindon, had a look and done the personal terms.

Marl Ellis os out of contract, therefore does "not" need any permission from Torquay, to speak to and agree to sign for another club, nor does he need to wait for a compensation fee to be agreed before signing for another club, as if no agreement can be reached, the matter would go to a tribunal, and thats the risk the buying and selling club take.

So I am sure Mark Ellis is playing the same game, thanks a bunch guys, loyality and respect swings both ways, time for a our club for once to stand up and get abit tough here, they both have had long enough, give them untill the weekend, and for god sake TUFC,shut the door or them and move on.

Trouble is with EOK, they can't shut the door until the window closes. If any club offers the 175K then TUFC have to let him talk to the club that made the offer.

If either had had any real wish to say, they would have made their minds up by now.
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

Southampton Gull wrote:
Look back a page, I'd already stated they had made him an offer, despite denials from Dick Canio
Is Bodin involved in the Swindon offer and if not are we trying to do so Dave? Suspect our's and their valuation somewhat differs!
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

It's no secret that Ling wants Bodin, not sure about the specifics but I do know Eunan has a concrete offer to consider alongside the one from Crawley.
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
divingbboy
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Kevin Nicholson

Post by divingbboy »

PDC might be a little, shall we say, 'eccentric' in his management, but I still think that Eunan would be taking far less of a risk going there than he would if he went to Crawley with it's rather opaque finances.
TUST member 203
happytorq
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Kevin Hill
Watches from: The sofa

Post by happytorq »

divingbboy wrote:PDC might be a little, shall we say, 'eccentric' in his management, but I still think that Eunan would be taking far less of a risk going there than he would if he went to Crawley with it's rather opaque finances.
absolutely agree - despite the Italian's madness, he knows a good player when he sees one and his teams so far have been set up to play in a way that Eunan could thrive in. At first glance this could be a better move for him, although there's always the risk that Di Canio could jump off the rails...
Images for Avatar Copyright Historical Football Kits and reproduced by kind permission.

Eam non defectum. Ego potest tractare quod. Est spes occidit me.
blueboy
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by blueboy »

Southampton Gull wrote:
Oh yeah so you did, obviously there is some truth in it then. I must admit I just read the last page on this post.
CP Gull

Post by CP Gull »

Well if Swindon have put an offer to EOK in then that could well explain the delay as he ponders the best option for his future career.

That said, there still seem to be one or two, not necessarily on here but on another forum, who think that another club being involved will in some way mean we might get a bigger fee. Why on earth would that be the case? In effect EOK and his agent have set an agreed selling price - heavily rumoured to be £175k although it's really neither here nor there in terms of this argument. The fact of the matter is that no club is going to offer us more money in an effort to get EOK to sign for them, if they are in competition for his signature then any money over the agreed fee will be ploughed in the direction of EOK (and his agent) and his remuneration package rather than TUFC. We, quite literally have no bargaining power in the matter as the "sale" price has, in effect, already been set.
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

CP Gull wrote:Well if Swindon have put an offer to EOK in then that could well explain the delay as he ponders the best option for his future career.

That said, there still seem to be one or two, not necessarily on here but on another forum, who think that another club being involved will in some way mean we might get a bigger fee. Why on earth would that be the case? In effect EOK and his agent have set an agreed selling price - heavily rumoured to be £175k although it's really neither here nor there in terms of this argument. The fact of the matter is that no club is going to offer us more money in an effort to get EOK to sign for them, if they are in competition for his signature then any money over the agreed fee will be ploughed in the direction of EOK (and his agent) and his remuneration package rather than TUFC. We, quite literally have no bargaining power in the matter as the "sale" price has, in effect, already been set.
Unless we put him up for auction.. ;-)
divingbboy
Skipper
Skipper

Post by divingbboy »

Eunan has just tweeted that he has turned down Crawley.
TUST member 203
divingbboy
Skipper
Skipper

Post by divingbboy »

@eunan10
Just to let you all know I have turned down the chance to move to crawley!#TUFC
TUST member 203