Knill out

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
taunton_gull
First Regular
First Regular

Post by taunton_gull »

Don't think brass is anymore than a no.2. As far as I know the only time he took charge of a team was at York - to describe his tenure as a flop would be an understatement. I don't envy the board that's for sure, this situation is a complete mess. I can only imagine Martin ling is sitting in front if the fire with a couple glasses (or bottle) of red loving it.
Oil Beef Hooked
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Chris Hargreaves
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Oil Beef Hooked »

lankyben wrote:mcphee for player manager.

how about the players coming out to things can only get better by d-ream?
What about this classic instead. Rather fitting for us at Plainmoor at the mo. :~D

Apologies all, I digress.
Steve

:scarf: YELLOW ARMY :scarf:
notexactlyshakespe
New Signing
New Signing
Favourite player: Larry Baxter

Post by notexactlyshakespe »

If it were done when tis done, twere well it were done quickly.
JamieE
First Regular
First Regular

Post by JamieE »

Nick wrote: I've used the BBC stats to work this out; this season, we've played 19 games, but they didn't have data for the JPT game with Pompey (where we were shocking anyway). In the other 18 matches though, we've managed 166 shots, of which 67 were on target. That averages at 9 shots a game, with 3 on target. The opposition have managed 207 shots, with 87 on target, an average of 11 shots, with 5 on target.

Not really a noticeable difference, but an average of 3 shots on target a game is absolutely shocking in my mind.

Want to try and get to Accrington but it's looking unlikely, but I expect a 3+ points from these next two games. If Argyle come here and beat us that will be the final straw for me, because they are rubbish.
In the last two home games, we have had 0 shots on target. ZERO.

I'm also unsure if he's ever had the dressing room.

Time to go.
wodger of awabia
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Carol Vorderman..eh?

Post by wodger of awabia »

[quote="sam_"]Who would you have instead? If Martin Allen wanted it, he'd give the players a kick up the backside. Chris Hargreaves knows the club, therefore financial situation, I imagine he would show a lot more drive. Who else is out of work? Umm, Holloway? :whistle: what's Warnock up to at the moment, director of football? If he accepted a fraction of what he was on. Him and Hargreaves could work well, new manager and an experienced manager together. Obviously in dreamland there.

Whether we can afford to sack him or not, maybe he should recognise that, and just leave? Do the right thing Knill[/quote]

Well he won't go unless his contract is settled will he? This is most likely his last job in football management so he will need a good pay off. Do you think he would make a good cab driver?
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Not sure where these stats come from, after all we did have 2 shots on target today there keeper made save just before they scored the first, and NC in the second half..22 would have been nice though.. :'(

Suggestion for training Monday.. :goal:
Formerly known as forevertufc
Plymouth Gull

Post by Plymouth Gull »

JamieE wrote: In the last two home games, we have had 0 shots on target. ZERO.

I'm also unsure if he's ever had the dressing room.

Time to go.
You're telling me, it has been awful!

Think we've only managed 4/5 shots in those 180 minutes aswell.

We ALWAYS lose at Accrington but this one is a must win if there ever was one!

To the person saying Knill should do the right thing and walk - why on earth would he do that? He's in a job that he's got another year + on his contract, he moved his family down here so he's not going to resign - that is wishful thinking.

I'd personally love to see Leroy back at the club but I think he's enjoying his punditry to return to management.
nickbrod
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by nickbrod »

Back from the game, 3 hours to drive home.
I've been very supportive of Knill and Brass but after last week's insipid performance to wimp out of the FA Cup I began to see the light. After today's totally ineffective display the only conclusion is that, despite the financial implications, the Board has to make a big decision this week.
Sitting in front of the Directors' box as I do I sense our custonians are feeling uncomfortable too. Mrs Bristow was particularly unimpressed with the team's display.
Chris Hargreaves sat behind me and from my brief chat with him at half-time he's First Team coach at Bournemouth but hopes to be a manager somewhere - and he lives locally.
After giving Alex Rowe my opinion at the end of the game I noticed he and two other directors in deep conversation.
The chemistry within the team is not right and with 30 games to go the time is right to put things right.
sam_
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Angus MacDonald

Post by sam_ »

wodger of awabia wrote:

How tall is the cab? :lol:
We'll be back...
wodger of awabia
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Carol Vorderman..eh?

Post by wodger of awabia »

nickbrod wrote:Back from the game, 3 hours to drive home.
I've been very supportive of Knill and Brass but after last week's insipid performance to wimp out of the FA Cup I began to see the light. After today's totally ineffective display the only conclusion is that, despite the financial implications, the Board has to make a big decision this week.
Sitting in front of the Directors' box as I do I sense our custonians are feeling uncomfortable too. Mrs Bristow was particularly unimpressed with the team's display.
Chris Hargreaves sat behind me and from my brief chat with him at half-time he's First Team coach at Bournemouth but hopes to be a manager somewhere - and he lives locally.
After giving Alex Rowe my opinion at the end of the game I noticed he and two other directors in deep conversation.
The chemistry within the team is not right and with 30 games to go the time is right to put things right.
I saw the same as you & mentioned it on the "Question for the Board of Directors " thread, I wonder if he will still be the manager for the Accy match next week.
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

I am afraid that Knills position is all but untenable. I didn't hear any of the commentary today as I was out at a local game but looking at the team line up today it is clear that Knill has lost it (if indeed he ever had it in the first place).
Chesterfield were 2 (evens) to win the game on betfair. Really that was like buying money.
Benyon was predictably dropped after two games and the hopeless Hawley was brought back to play alongside the equally hopeless McCallum.
Our midfield was "strengthened" by Mozika and Craig which hardly looked a positive move.
Chesterfield might have a good squad but for Christ sake they havn't won a game for bloody ages.
Basically it probably doesn't matter which eleven Knill picks - the team is shot to pieces. Not a shot on target last week and by all accounts not a shot on target today either - that is the most damning statistic of all.
Yet Knill says in his aftermatch interview "goals change games" - yes dead right you cretin. The team that scores them normally wins. If you don't have a shot in two home games what do you expect to happen.
Knill has banging on about having all his players back and being able to "compete with anyone" - what a total load of bollocks that is.
Whilst I have said that we cannot afford to sack him, that option now looks the only one. I don't know what the interest is on 15 million quid but if Thea Bristow wants a league team next year then this bullet has got to be bitten.
The football is shambolic.,mind numbing and clueless. We will be relegated by Xmas if this goes on .
I have a friend who watches Plymouth as well as us regularly - believe me they are just as hopeless as we are but it matters not - they will beat us for certain.
In fact Accrington and Plymouth are probably the worst two fixtures we could have next. We need a fresh man at the the helm by next saturday. This cannot be allowed to continue any longer.
sam_
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Angus MacDonald

Post by sam_ »

The twitter hash tag #KnillOut getting more tweets each game...
We'll be back...
HeavenAndHele
First Regular
First Regular

Post by HeavenAndHele »

sam_ wrote:The twitter hash tag #KnillOut getting more tweets each game...
Funny thing is, if you go back far enough you start seeing tweets from just over a year ago by Scunthorpe fans using the same hashtag!
nickbrod
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by nickbrod »

I can accept defeat if we've given a good account of ourselves but the performances in the last two home games are totally unacceptable. Hardly any shots or even corners tells everything you need to know.
The players (and now the supporters) have lost all confidence.
Bridportgull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Micky cave

Post by Bridportgull »

Cheer up rumour has buckle has resigned and is on his way back to be our hero hara hara