Torquay United v Exeter City - 29/12/13

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

For all the stick Hawley gets about not scoring, I reckon our midfield should start getting their fingers out of their arses. Bodin won't score again for us IMO, Mozika hasn't scored, Chappell last scored against Portsmouth 2 months ago, Cameron won't score for us again, Mansell last scored God knows when, McCourt is yet to score and it's not f*cking on!! Why can't some of these players f*cking turn up for once?!!

If it wasn't for our loan strikers (McCallum, Ball, Marquis) we'd already be down!! :@ :@

Even Pearce and Downes have got 7 or 8 goals between them!

Hawley shouldn't be let near the first team ever again. Benyon who is the last striker of ours to actually score is left on the bench.

I thought Knill had started to get something going then he plays Cameron and starts Hawley. He's his own worst enemy. Pillock.
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
bixieupnorth
Legend
Legend

Post by bixieupnorth »

exeter fan just won the 50/50 draw too!!
still keeping the faith
bixieupnorth
Legend
Legend

Post by bixieupnorth »

their players already on the pitch, we're still in the dressing room listening to juans words of wisdom, lets hope for once he can do something to inspire us to get the pressure we've had converted into goals

come on you yellows!!
still keeping the faith
bixieupnorth
Legend
Legend

Post by bixieupnorth »

4231, 1255 in away end, thats better than i thought
still keeping the faith
Oil Beef Hooked
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Chris Hargreaves
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Oil Beef Hooked »

We're definitely the better team. Exshitter haven't looked that dangerous until there goal.

We're first to most balls/ challenges and had some good chances in the 1st half.

More of the same in the 2nd half lads and some goals too.

C'mon you Yellows.
Steve

:scarf: YELLOW ARMY :scarf:
bixieupnorth
Legend
Legend

Post by bixieupnorth »

manse last scored on new years day!!
still keeping the faith
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

bixieupnorth wrote:exeter fan just won the 50/50 draw too!!
f**kin typical! :@ :rofl:
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Sponsors of Lirak Hasani, 2024-2025
We now head Due South to all games!

TUST Member 468

SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

bixieupnorth wrote:manse last scored on new years day 2007!!
edited for factuals........ =D
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Sponsors of Lirak Hasani, 2024-2025

TUST Member 468

bixieupnorth
Legend
Legend

Post by bixieupnorth »

argyle behind
still keeping the faith
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

Oil Beef Hooked wrote:We're definitely the better team. Exshitter haven't looked that dangerous until there goal.

We're first to most balls/ challenges and had some good chances in the 1st half.

More of the same in the 2nd half lads and some goals too.

C'mon you Yellows.

lets hope so Steve.

TUST Member 468

bixieupnorth
Legend
Legend

Post by bixieupnorth »

nice one supes!! it doesnt seem long ago when was in double figures and nicho had to go clean his house in the nude every week!!
still keeping the faith
bixieupnorth
Legend
Legend

Post by bixieupnorth »

chesterfield ahead andy, that makes the cheltenham score even worse to take for my bets sake!!
still keeping the faith
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

I'm not having a go at Knill just because we are losing but because we are 3 unbeaten , two wins admittedly not playing the best of football but we are starting to get something together and then he drops Chappell and starts Hawley? Ok so Chappell has not been his best and not scored for a while and he needs to take some responsibility for this but the alternative is Cameron. See my point? Commendable that Alan wants to change it around a bit but the player he brings in has to be able to offer us something.

Hawley who has scored just twice in 5 months give or take a few games out of the 11 is preferred to Benyon who not only offers a predatory instinct but runs the channels allowing midfielders to get forward in support which when you are playing with 5 across the middle like today I would have thought it would be a bonus. All Hawley does is play with his back to goal holding it up for who exactly?

This is a mess by Knill and totally unnecessary. It could stop us in our tracks and let the doubts creep back in for a massive game at Plymouth. I bet if we DO score today it will be Downes.
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

AustrianAndyGull wrote:I'm not having a go at Knill just because we are losing but because we are 3 unbeaten , two wins admittedly not playing the best of football but we are starting to get something together and then he drops Chappell and starts Hawley? Ok so Chappell has not been his best and not scored for a while and he needs to take some responsibility for this but the alternative is Cameron. See my point? Commendable that Alan wants to change it around a bit but the player he brings in has to be able to offer us something.

Hawley who has scored just twice in 5 months give or take a few games out of the 11 is preferred to Benyon who not only offers a predatory instinct but runs the channels allowing midfielders to get forward in support which when you are playing with 5 across the middle like today I would have thought it would be a bonus. All Hawley does is play with his back to goal holding it up for who exactly?

This is a mess by Knill and totally unnecessary. It could stop us in our tracks and let the doubts creep back in for a massive game at Plymouth. I bet if we DO score today it will be Downes.
nah, Billy Bodin.......... :clap: =D

TUST Member 468

bixieupnorth
Legend
Legend

Post by bixieupnorth »

we sound appalling this half, lets hope it works in reverse this half, will be gutted if we dont get a draw at least today
still keeping the faith