Greavsie and Lee Hodges it is then ...

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Colorado Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Colorado Gull »

Did you not see Nicholson against Morecambe Brucie? I thought he had a really good game coming back into the team.
Formerly dannyrvtufc4life.
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

I really hope Christian Hargreaves and Lee Hodges get us out of the deep shit that squirrel brain Knill got us into. He got on my f*cking nerves (Knill). I'm having difficulty letting it go. No f*cking way does Knill deserve another management job in football. Among other things that were grim, look at the stats for those two home games in November:

v Rochdale
shots . . . . . 4
on target . . .0
corners . . . .3

Should have got the sack. 7 days later it was worse . . . . . . .

v Chesterfield
shots . . . . . 2
on target . . .0
corners . . . . 1

A big nothing, ziltch, zero shots on target in 2 home games, no team play no f*ck all .I hope not sacking Knill back at that time doesn't cost us our League status at the final reckoning. :-/

To Hargreaves and Hodges : Best of luck for the rest of the season. :-D
Friend of TorquayFans.com
Member of the Month November 2020
Southampton Gull: "Well deserved"
goodluckgull
First Regular
First Regular

Post by goodluckgull »

Thank you Greavsie for accepting the Managers job. I have been waiting and hoping for this since Bucks left.
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

dannyrvtufc4life wrote:Did you not see Nicholson against Morecambe Brucie? I thought he had a really good game coming back into the team.
Sorry danny, on this one I agree with Brucie, Nico had a good game Saturday to a point, but you can't change nature, or roll back the years, he was to slow, two season ago, he isn't getting any younger or quicker, we're in a relegation fight, there's no room for sentiment, we should either run with the younger much quicker Cruise or sign a left back.
Formerly known as forevertufc
Dave_Pougher
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Mansell

Post by Dave_Pougher »

brucie wrote:Who knows whether it is agood move or not. The odds are we will be relegated - if so it won't be Hargreaves fault. The lessons of last season have not been learnt and the first half of this season was nothing short of a bumbling shambles.
Having seen us play Morecambe this is by some way not the worse squad of players we have ever had.
We are capable of competeing with most sides in this league - however at the moment we are incapable of winning games. Take the Mansfield,Hartlepool,Exeter and Morecambe - thats 9 points probably and 7 points definately that we should have taken and that has cost us big time.
We need a decent striker to accomapany Benyon up front and a left back - if Hargreaves sticks with Nico we are going down.
A defence of Poke/O'Connor/Pearce/Downes/and a decent left back will do us.
A midfield comprising the likes of Mozika/Mansell/Labadie/Lathrope looks good enough.
Then there is Bodin and Chapple and Benyon showed on Saturday that if someone believes in him he is more than useful at this level.
JUst a couple of really decent additions and we really should be able to win games.
Not down yet but no time to lose - 6 points needed out the next two games.
:goodpost:

Agreed, the ONLY problem I have with this appointment is CH going from idol to villain, I would hate that, although I'm sure it wouldn't be through lack of effort. Brucie makes the point about a couple of additions required. I feel it might just be one required, we all know that teams have been targeting out left back weakness for a long time, that certainly needs to be addressed, but with one striker added who's looking to prove his finishing skills and the confidence that spreads we could be out of the mire sooner than we think.
jonnyfive
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Gary Clayton

Post by jonnyfive »

brucie wrote:Who knows whether it is agood move or not. The odds are we will be relegated
Of course they aren't Brucie. We are just one of several teams that could drop.

If you really believe we are odds-on, will you give me evens for a £50 bet??
"Also, stands aren't sentient."
hector
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: jim mcnichol

Post by hector »

SuperNickyWroe wrote:absolute disaster.

we will be relegated now for sure.
...because we looking so good under Knill! weren't we?
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

hector wrote: ...because we looking so good under Knill! weren't we?
thats why they fired him.

and this appointment(s) doesnt mean that they have got it right this time either.
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Sponsors of ????? 2024-2025
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

Bridportgull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Micky cave

Post by Bridportgull »

I wonder whether we will see any good young players coming from bournemouth ?
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

SuperNickyWroe wrote:
thats why they fired him.

and this appointment(s) doesnt mean that they have got it right this time either.
They've decided that the popularity of Hargreaves will win us all over, wasn't that long ago that people were saying how much they hoped we wouldn't go for him. I'd have taken him when Ling got the job as we had a far more solid financial base and a better squad but at this time I fear it's a massive gamble.
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
wivelgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by wivelgull »

Jolly well done, chaps. Also, I agree with brucie: a left-back and a striker are essential. I went to the Rovers and Exeter games, after which I swore 'never again!' But I will be back for the Northampton game with all guns blazing. So come on, Gilbert! really let yourself go for Hargreaves' first game in command.
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

Southampton Gull wrote: They've decided that the popularity of Hargreaves will win us all over, wasn't that long ago that people were saying how much they hoped we wouldn't go for him. I'd have taken him when Ling got the job as we had a far more solid financial base and a better squad but at this time I fear it's a massive gamble.
thats my fear Dave.

and we are gambling our league staus, which im sure 98% of the forum would agree that if we went, it would be a very long time before we got back.

of course i know hes a top bloke having spoken to him, but is he really ready for this????
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Sponsors of ????? 2024-2025
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

NA Gull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Howe

Post by NA Gull »

Not sure if I am pleased with this or not. One of my favourite players so hopefully will do a good job. I don't think the squad is that bad and we saw on saturday that with a bit of a change in shape and players wanting to play for the boss that it can make a massive effect on performances.

I am going to guess that one of the first signings will be Keiffer Moore. Local lad, played for Hodges at Truro, on the fringes of the first team at Yeovil (scored on saturday). If Yeovil get another striker in then it may mean he becomes available. (I am probably completely wrong though!!!)
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Chris Myers

Post by lucy6lucy »

O Kane on loan?
Lucy
CP Gull

Post by CP Gull »

NA Gull wrote:
I am going to guess that one of the first signings will be Keiffer Moore. Local lad, played for Hodges at Truro, on the fringes of the first team at Yeovil (scored on saturday). If Yeovil get another striker in then it may mean he becomes available. (I am probably completely wrong though!!!)
Funny that, I was just thinking the same thing! Still lives in Torquay I believe and has been out of the first team picture for the last couple of months, but given a chance in the FA Cup on Saturday and scored Yeovil's fourth goal and his first for the club.

Given the Hodges connection I wouldn't be at all surprised if we didn't see this guy brought in at some stage, whether that is sooner rather than later remains to be seen.