Takeover 50/50 ?

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Scott Brehaut »

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com
taxilady
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Micky Cave RIP
Watches from: Pop side

Post by taxilady »

everybody cross their fingers then.........
We'll Be Back ! TTID

TUST share number 066
BayGull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Jools Holland

Post by BayGull »

And all the while the bank balance of Kelvin Thomas gets larger and larger by the minute!!!
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Scott Brehaut »

Well, I'd imagine its Thaea that is paying him, so he's not costing the club anything - and potentially helping to keep this club in business.

STIP
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Scott Brehaut »

Phipsy wrote:According to Merse on the London site, news around midnight is that a deal seems to have failed. Christ this is looking bad.
I just hope he has been mis informed.
I'm assuming this is the same Merse who declared that CH was managing his last game back in January......

Keep the faith people!!

STIP
nickbrod
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by nickbrod »

Let's hope the doom mongers will be disproved as it appears negotiations remain ongoing whilst other groups are "jockeying in the wings". Yet another 'fun' time to be a TUFC supporter!
This off the field saga makes up for finishing mid-table to confound all of us who say "Torquay don't do mid-table, usually either top or bottom!"
PlainmoorRoar
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by PlainmoorRoar »

BayGull wrote:And all the while the bank balance of Kelvin Thomas gets larger and larger by the minute!!!
This kind of comment is stupid, firstly as pointed out Thea is paying him - not the club

Who would you rather sort out this deal Kelvin Thomas or Bill Phillips?
TUFC FACEBOOK PAGE - https://www.facebook.com/insideplainmoor
TUFC TWITTER PAGE - https://twitter.com/TUFC1899

Torquay United Supporters Trust member - Join the TUST now!
Jerry
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Jerry »

PlainmoorRoar wrote: This kind of comment is stupid, firstly as pointed out Thea is paying him - not the club

For some reason there seems to be an awful lot of trust being placed in Kelvin Thomas by a significant number of our fans for no reason that I can see.

This is a guy who came in originally as a representative of potential purchasers, this then morphed into a role advising Thea on cost savings and now he's negotiating a takeover from the opposite side.

Hmm.

Does he have the best interests of the club at heart?

I don't know.

Even if he does, what is it that he brings to the negotiating table that impresses you so much?
SWgull
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Aaron Downes

Post by SWgull »

PlainmoorRoar wrote: This kind of comment is stupid, firstly as pointed out Thea is paying him - not the club

:goodpost:
PhilGull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by PhilGull »

Jerry wrote: For some reason there seems to be an awful lot of trust being placed in Kelvin Thomas by a significant number of our fans for no reason that I can see.

This is a guy who came in originally as a representative of potential purchasers, this then morphed into a role advising Thea on cost savings and now he's negotiating a takeover from the opposite side.

Hmm.

I don't know.

Even if he does, what is it that he brings to the negotiating table that impresses you so much?
"an awful lot of trust being placed in Kelvin Thomas by a significant number of our fans for no reason"
And the exact same thing can be said for the opposite viewpoint.

As for having the interests of the club at heart. No, of course he doesn't. He is being employed by Thea and has her interests 'at heart', Thea in turn has the clubs interests at heart.

This is just a case of some people choosing to view the glass as being half-full and some choosing to see it as half-empty. Neither are wrong, just some or more whiney than others! ;-)
Gary Johnson's Yellow Army! Yellow Army! Yellow Army!

Your trust needs YOU!
TUST number 084
cambgull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: All Of Them

Post by cambgull »

Jerry wrote:For some reason there seems to be an awful lot of trust being placed in Kelvin Thomas by a significant number of our fans for no reason that I can see.

Hmm.

I don't know.

Common sense, knowledge of how to run and sell a football club and he doesn't seem to be a total tw...
Luke.

"Successful applicants need not apply"
tommyg
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Rodney Jack

Post by tommyg »

I wish I could be as positive as some other posters. After reading the Herald article, my unqualified opinion is that the deal has fallen through and now we're back to square one which means the door is back open for the TUST and current directors. Hopefully I'm wrong but I can't help but think Kelvin Thomas's quotes about not rushing into a decision is more positive spin from the hierarchy to hide what is really going on. And I'm sure David Thomas won't interrogate him as his head appears to be in the clouds, although my first question to KT would be; "What have you actually done in the four months you have been at the club?"
Jerry
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Jerry »

cambgull wrote:
Common sense, knowledge of how to run and sell a football club and he doesn't seem to be a total tw...
All qualities that Alex Rowe possesses.

If I was Thea I would have been on the phone to him rather than paying through the nose for Kelvin's advice.
Kit_robin
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by Kit_robin »

I doubt this deal has fallen through, although it may well be in the balance either way.

If it had fallen through, I can't see why there would be any delay by Bristow/Thomas in trying to resurrect other bids, and that means contacting TUST to tell them that the door is again open for talks. If this happened I have no doubt Michael and others would have told us straight away.

Therefore I believe there is still a possibility thus deal will close. What that possibility is the unknown.
PlainmoorRoar
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by PlainmoorRoar »

brucie wrote:I would guess that the news is true. Given the statement form Thomas about the 50-50 it should really come as no surprise that the deal has fallen through.
I would guess that the only person to come out of this with any profit will be Kelvin Thomas who seems to have ponced about for months between here and Florida and achieved precisely bugger all whilst picking up a big fat pay cheque from the deranged Mrs Bristow.
What are Mike Bateson and Dangerous Dan MacCauley doing these days?
The TUST have accumalated two shillings and sixpence.
We are fecked - Western League here we come.

No need for that,

everyone knows how much of a kn*b you are brucie, you don't need to keep reminding us.
TUFC FACEBOOK PAGE - https://www.facebook.com/insideplainmoor
TUFC TWITTER PAGE - https://twitter.com/TUFC1899

Torquay United Supporters Trust member - Join the TUST now!