Player Search - Who Will Turn Up?

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Wolborough
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by Wolborough »

Struggling and Torquay - words that go too well together. Can only hope we secure a further 2-3 signings today or tomorrow (optimitiscally of course we may have already done so but the club has not released the details, pessimistically we will have another season of struggle)! Hope the friendlies show we have some character!
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Any opposition fan who thinks that they might get 3 points because we won't have a goalkeeper before the season starts must be brain dead.
gullintwoplaces
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Mark Loram

Post by gullintwoplaces »

brucie wrote: 09 Jul 2018, 11:20 Any opposition fan who thinks that they might get 3 points because we won't have a goalkeeper before the season starts must be brain dead.
Chelmsford Brucie. Have you not seen The Only Way is Essex? Thick as many short planks.
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Well they are thick alright because we have just landed Bass - and on a season long loan as well.

Looks like he could be an excellent signing for us. I doff my cap to Mr Owers.
Wolborough
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by Wolborough »

Looks a good signing.
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

On paper he looks a very good addition for the standard we find ourselves at.
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
MellowYellow
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Scott

Post by MellowYellow »

'I'm all 'bout that bass, 'bout that bass'

Season long loan is good business.
CP Gull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Luke Young

Post by CP Gull »

Seems to be very highly rated at Portsmouth ..... so much so that he has just signed a new 3 year deal there, before coming here.

https://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/foot ... -1-8561470
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

CP Gull wrote: 09 Jul 2018, 15:44 Seems to be very highly rated at Portsmouth ..... so much so that he has just signed a new 3 year deal there, before coming here.

https://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/foot ... -1-8561470
Does sound very promising. I hope there is no recall option on this from their end should they get injuries or the other two they have on the books lose form.
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Chris Myers

Post by lucy6lucy »

Sounds like a cracking signing.
Lucy
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

Having seen him play several times previously I'm not doffing my cap just yet unlike our Owers groupie from North Devon.
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
Cruisinho
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Eunan O'Kane

Post by Cruisinho »

Very happy it is a season long loan rather than 6 months which was reported before. Looks like he is highly rated too.

Will be interesting to see who the other keeper will be. I expect there will be quite a few trialists over the next couple of weeks.
Jerry
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Jerry »

Southampton Gull wrote: 09 Jul 2018, 19:05 Having seen him play several times previously I'm not doffing my cap just yet unlike our Owers groupie from North Devon.
Any chance of a scouting report?

What are his strengths and weaknesses?
MellowYellow
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Scott

Post by MellowYellow »

Southampton Gull wrote: 09 Jul 2018, 19:05 Having seen him play several times previously I'm not doffing my cap just yet unlike our Owers groupie from North Devon.
And your opinon on his peformances? Do you see him as a good signing? bearing in mind we are talking 'regional' football.
pompeyfan
Trialist
Trialist
Favourite player: Jimmy Dickenson

Post by pompeyfan »

Pompey Fan here in peace.I have fond memories of your ground and town,Used to go there on Holiday as a youngster many many years ago and watch some matches whist there on Holiday.Wont say how long ago most of you no doubt were not born when I visited lol.
Anyway Alex Bass has been our No2 last season and is highly regarded,his issue is he needs games to build his experience and playing regularly against men rather than U23 etc.Played for Salisbury albeit lower level under Steve Claridge who gave him good comments but admitted not ready for L1,He is highly thought of by the club and fans and it is really good that he has gone to a club with connections,fondly remember Martin Krul as well.Played well in our last game of season against Peterborough (clean sheet) has a long drop and dead ball kick if you like to use it.Anyway think you have a good Lad and should do well for you.Good Luck for the coming season and hope this season propels you back up the leagues.It would be good to see sooner rather than later another West Country team back in the FL
ps dont listen to the Southampton guy on your forum he obviously wont have anything good to say about a Pompey player

Onwards and Upwards Torquay :keepie: :keepie: :)