Player Search - Who Will Turn Up?

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
wivelgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by wivelgull »

Looks like the best header of the ball since the days of Mister Consistency [Phil Lloyd].
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

Richinns wrote: 13 Jul 2018, 19:03 If it brings promotion I am all for it!
I have even less faith in Owers winning promotion than I did in him keeping us up. I so hope he proves me wrong but I just can't see it.

I said at the time that I thought Romain could turn out to be a good signing but he's far better than anything we've signed before or since during Owers reign.
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
Porky
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Guy Branston

Post by Porky »

NLS! By the look of him he would fit right in the NFL! Why am I thinking this is going to be a good season. Must be what I'm smoking I guess!
greb46
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by greb46 »

Southampton Gull wrote: 13 Jul 2018, 20:12 I have even less faith in Owers winning promotion than I did in him keeping us up. I so hope he proves me wrong but I just can't see it.

I said at the time that I thought Romain could turn out to be a good signing but he's far better than anything we've signed before or since during Owers reign.
Hope I'm proved wrong too and its not a case of listening to his soporific voice after eight games when we win and he state's we're not rubbish anymore!
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

Southampton Gull wrote: 13 Jul 2018, 20:12 I have even less faith in Owers winning promotion than I did in him keeping us up. I so hope he proves me wrong but I just can't see it.

My first impressions are not particularly positive but I think it is best I keep my powder dry considering I gave Alan Knills squad the big 'watch out'!

I think warning signs are flashing with every signing announced but the other side of it is what can we expect or judge against from the regional football level we are now at.

I won't be rushing to put any money on us even being close to promotion but will be delighted if that proves to be a bad decision.
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
Arrywithnobrain
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Tony Brown

Post by Arrywithnobrain »

sgf wrote: 13 Jul 2018, 17:40 He should fit right in then in the NLS!! Let's face it this league isn't going to blessed with ball playing defenders. Horses for courses...
Or donkeys for Owers?
sgf
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Steve Cooper

Post by sgf »

Arrywithnobrain wrote: 13 Jul 2018, 21:49 Or donkeys for Owers?
Tumbleweed moment
tufcyellowarmy
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Rodney Jack
Watches from: Pop side

Post by tufcyellowarmy »

I don’t do twatter or social media. But it looks like we have just signed a player called Malik Koué . Doing further research as I’ve never heard of him.
tufcyellowarmy
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Rodney Jack
Watches from: Pop side

Post by tufcyellowarmy »

Oh bollocks . It’s Niate whose already signed. Where’s my carrier pigeon .
arcadia
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Jake Andrews

Post by arcadia »

brucie wrote: 13 Jul 2018, 00:00 Who the **** is Lloyd Gardiner? - no doubt he is "better" than anything we have and it is yet another "mistake".

Truro have also signed Tyler Harveys brother on a dual registration with Bodmin to play in goal and a centre half from Buckland Athletic. The also lost 0-6 to Exeter tonight.

I would suggest that had we signed any of these local yokels the pitchforks would have been out and Owers would have been burnt at the stake by now.
Before you make judgement may I suggest you watch Lloyd before you make judgement.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

He doesn't even watch our own players let alone anyone else ....... unless they play for Bideford ;-)
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
Jerry
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Jerry »

Richinns wrote: 13 Jul 2018, 20:52
My first impressions are not particularly positive but I think it is best I keep my powder dry considering I gave Alan Knills squad the big 'watch out'!

I think warning signs are flashing with every signing announced but the other side of it is what can we expect or judge against from the regional football level we are now at.

I won't be rushing to put any money on us even being close to promotion but will be delighted if that proves to be a bad decision.
I think most fans share your view here but (clutching at straws) haven't some of our most successful teams in recent times come as a surprise to many of us?

Don't think many fans predicted Cyril's play-off season in '88.

The great Kevin Hodges season with Rodney Jack running riot followed two consecutive relegation battles (Although there wasn't much of a battle put up in '96 ;-) )

Martin Ling's appointment was greeted with derision by many fans and they were still calling for his head until we thrashed Wimbledon in late October. Of course we all remember what followed, a club record run of 41 points out of the next 48 available and into the play-offs again!
CraigUnder
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by CraigUnder »

Ryan Dickson, ex TUFC 2007 and most recently Yeovil Town and Kyle Cameron ex Newport County/Queen of South have signed.
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Dickson is a great signing at this level. Three cheers for Mr Owers.....HIP HIP !!!!!
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

And Kyle Cameron Joins as well. Mr Owers is like an SAS Sniper. He moves silently. Stalks his prey, and when the moment is right he STRIKES, and bags his prey!!!

Another two in the bag. Thinks are looking up.