Player to bring in (suggestions)

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Fonda
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Super Jason Fowler

Post by Fonda »

wivelgull wrote:I hope that after all this fandango there's not a massive disappointment.
I guess that really depends on how realistic people's expectations are...
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

We have to remember we are a fairly small club in League 2 - but if the Centre Back who I have heard signs, I honestly think he would be a good signing for any club in this division.
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
usagullmichigan
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by usagullmichigan »

Fonda wrote: I guess that really depends on how realistic people's expectations are...
Then why the hype?
jonnyfive
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Gary Clayton

Post by jonnyfive »

Richinns - Why don't you post the name of the player?
"Also, stands aren't sentient."
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

jonnyfive wrote:Richinns - Why don't you post the name of the player?
because the person who has told me has done so in confidence and asked me not to.
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
jonnyfive
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Gary Clayton

Post by jonnyfive »

Ah, fair enough.
"Also, stands aren't sentient."
Fonda
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Super Jason Fowler

Post by Fonda »

usagullmichigan wrote: Then why the hype?
Hype? People are merely excited about the quality of the player reportedly coming in. If other people think that excitment means we're about to sign someone from the top 2 divisions, they are likely to be disappointed. Some people don't have sensible expectations.
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."
SteveDeckchair
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Sir Alex Russell
Watches from: Pop side

Post by SteveDeckchair »

Labadie came in last season and was just what the doctor ordered thank you very much. Bear that in mind when people are thinking about who they'd like us to sign and who we end up signing.

Didn't have to be a name or a star player to be the perfect fit.
Mmmmmm, beeeeeeeer.
KentGull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Les Lawrence's Afro

Post by KentGull »

Fonda wrote:
Hype? People are merely excited about the quality of the player reportedly coming in. If other people think that excitment means we're about to sign someone from the top 2 divisions, they are likely to be disappointed. Some people don't have sensible expectations.

I've given up expecting anything... I'll just look out for a new face when we take to the pitch against AFC and wait for the player to turn around so I can read the name on his shirt.

:keepie:
madgull
First Regular
First Regular

Post by madgull »

KentGull wrote: I've given up expecting anything... I'll just look out for a new face when we take to the pitch against AFC and wait for the player to turn around so I can read the name on his shirt.
Awww, do you not want to indulge everybody in this game of circular knowing winks and back slapping? How very thoughtless of you. :no:
gullno4
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Rene

Post by gullno4 »

has this gone tits up or will there be news shortly? supergulls you seem to know before everyone other than teeboo, any updates?!
The gulls are going up
ggggg
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by ggggg »

Krystian Pearce! fact
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

Billy Pearce! :)
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
teeboo100
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: alex russell

Post by teeboo100 »

can people not look at this forum as a bit of fun fact is krystian pearse would be an excellent signing for us dont we all think i play a bit of guessing game cos its a bit of fun if it annoys certain people then i wont bother we all await conformation of new blood coming into the club the fact that ime lucky enough to occasionally find out a little in advanced does not meant anything in the cold light of day does it
usagullmichigan
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by usagullmichigan »

teeboo100 wrote:can people not look at this forum as a bit of fun fact is krystian pearse would be an excellent signing for us dont we all think i play a bit of guessing game cos its a bit of fun if it annoys certain people then i wont bother we all await conformation of new blood coming into the club the fact that ime lucky enough to occasionally find out a little in advanced does not meant anything in the cold light of day does it
teeboo has the name been mentioned on here so far? Just answer that :)