Retained List 2022/23

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Chelston TUFC
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: David Graham

Post by Chelston TUFC »

Chelston TUFC wrote: 20 May 2022, 16:24 I'd probably have a look at the teams of the season for National League South and North and see if there's the odd player capable of stepping up to National League.
And of course we can prob guarantee some loanees from Hibs at some point
Wolborough
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by Wolborough »

We do not need the likes of Hollands or Pittman - they have been released after all - perhaps past the peak of their careers. We need younger, hungrier players with something to prove.
bobbytanz1963
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Alex Russell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by bobbytanz1963 »

Numerous youngsters released from The Gas but guess we have to be realistic and focus on non league ones ?? Still fancy Louis Britton but he could be a work in progress
Admiral
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Admiral »

bobbytanz1963 wrote: 20 May 2022, 18:41 Numerous youngsters released from The Gas but guess we have to be realistic and focus on non league ones ?? Still fancy Louis Britton but he could be a work in progress
https://x.com/LouisBritton14/status/152 ... mBIUBCjI9A

Posted two minutes ago
Admiral
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by Admiral »

Wearne not offered a new deal at Sunderland. Beyond our budget?
Jkbuck
Trialist
Trialist
Favourite player: Marsh

Post by Jkbuck »

He would be really good for us but I think he should def be in the EFL.
I'd like to see some signings soon - they surely should be making announcements ahead of earlier bird ST rates closing.
Wolborough
First Regular
First Regular

Post by Wolborough »

Other than the rump of signings from those currently offered deals, I suspect there will be little activity reported until the middle to end of June as potential signings review their options.
Forest gull
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Steve Cooper
Watches from: Pop side

Post by Forest gull »

First signings being announced next week. Fixtures out July 7th.
thebigp1
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by thebigp1 »

GJ confirmed Little, Lemon, Lewis, McDonald, Wynts and Wright turned down contracts. Was hoping we might be able to keep 1 or 2 of those.

Omar, moxey, Martin, lapsile, asa signed.
happytorq
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Watches from: The sofa

Post by happytorq »

Not too upset about Wright leaving. I'd have been ok if he stayed, but hes not going to be 18 goal a season striker anymore.

Little and CLE were always going to leave, and fair enough. MacDonald wants to be in the League, and you can't really begrudge him that. Wynter has family reasons (again, fair enough, I suppose). And whoever comes in for Lewis - GJ says nobody, yet - will have to negotiate compensation with us so at least we'll get something for him, if indeed he does go. Suspect he'll be looking for a league club as well.
Images for Avatar Copyright Historical Football Kits and reproduced by kind permission.

Eam non defectum. Ego potest tractare quod. Est spes occidit me.
Wolborough
First Regular
First Regular

Post by Wolborough »

Well, no surprises really. Pleased Lapslie is staying, perhaps Wright leaving is (at his stage of his career) perhaps the best for him. He always gave it all, so thanks. What might have been!
culmstockgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by culmstockgull »

I believe GJ has confirmed what most fans already knew, if there is a positive it is that those that have indicated they will not be back are probably the top earners, so we will have the opportunity to splash the cash on several good players and save a bit for an accomplished striker. I still think Lewis may stay another year, it would take a club with fairly deep pockets not only to improve on our salary offer but also pay compo of 50K plus. Finding a striker will be the hardest bearing in mind last two seasons a midfielder has been top scorer, reading between the lines moyse and koszela will be out on loan again.
Wolborough
First Regular
First Regular

Post by Wolborough »

Pretty sure that Lewis has left the room. I am not so naïve as to expect many top level signings.
happytorq
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Watches from: The sofa

Post by happytorq »

Wolborough wrote: 31 May 2022, 16:52 Pretty sure that Lewis has left the room. I am not so naïve as to expect many top level signings.
hasn't left it yet, because he can't until the club has agreed the level of compensation they'll get. GJ said as much in the interview.
Images for Avatar Copyright Historical Football Kits and reproduced by kind permission.

Eam non defectum. Ego potest tractare quod. Est spes occidit me.
Wolborough
First Regular
First Regular

Post by Wolborough »

Correct BUT I suspect he will find another club and that a compensation agreement will be achieved (sadly)!