The Shortlist

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Robiberto22
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Robiberto22 »

hughes IS the standout name on the list my reservation is how much he'd cost us, his wages plus the transfer kitty he'll want to bring his people in ect, if he is affordable then i'd go for him sure
ALAN KNILL'S YELLOW ARMY !!! - Oh wait ...
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

Robiberto22 wrote:hughes IS the standout name on the list my reservation is how much he'd cost us, his wages plus the transfer kitty he'll want to bring his people in ect, if he is affordable then i'd go for him sure

Plus the cost of the requisite Englih lessons, since he is foreign.

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
Robiberto22
First Regular
First Regular

Post by Robiberto22 »

i remember wacthing an interview with him on ssn a few years ago and it was like trying to understand an excited gordon strachan, then again ive never got on with the scottish accent ... or the welsh ... or the turkish
Ashes Gull
New Signing
New Signing

Post by Ashes Gull »

For me It's a no brainer,it has to be John Hughes you won't got many mangers of his experience applying for job like ours.People have said on here about his lack on contacts,please tell me if i'm wrong but is John Milton still at the club because i think he is,he could be very inportant now.As for a number 2 any one that is left on the list i would be happy with.
Robiberto22
First Regular
First Regular

Post by Robiberto22 »

are we certain he's even applyed for the job?
devington
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by devington »

Ashes Gull wrote:For me It's a no brainer,it has to be John Hughes you won't got many mangers of his experience applying for job like ours.People have said on here about his lack on contacts,please tell me if i'm wrong but is John Milton still at the club because i think he is,he could be very inportant now.As for a number 2 any one that is left on the list i would be happy with.
John Milton is no longer at the club, he is busy helping Buckle assemble Rover's squad I'm afraid.

It would appear that the club did not make the effort to keep him, a move that I have no doubt will have repercussions in the future
SteveDeckchair
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Sir Alex Russell
Watches from: Pop side

Post by SteveDeckchair »

Oh Dear. Worst news I've heard this week......
Mmmmmm, beeeeeeeer.
Ashes Gull
New Signing
New Signing

Post by Ashes Gull »

Bugger when was that,didn't read it anywhere.
bixieupnorth
Legend
Legend

Post by bixieupnorth »

theres been no word of milton leaving here or on the OS, as far as i'm aware his services are still at the disposal of TUFC
still keeping the faith
yellowforever
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Our next signing

Post by yellowforever »

As I posted on the other thread, John Hughes may not be as good as we're making him out to be.
"We are now so far up sh*t creek our boat is actually poking out the end of someones toilet bowl."
Brucie. 27/02/14
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Scott Brehaut »

bixieupnorth wrote:theres been no word of milton leaving here or on the OS, as far as i'm aware his services are still at the disposal of TUFC
Well, considering the OS still hasnt announced that Bevs has left the club, it is no shock that the news re John Milton has failed to appear.

It is a miracle that they managed to announce Buckle leaving!!!!

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

Dave seems to suggest that JM was working for us on some sort of freelance basis (please explain this before I make a total cake and arse party of it), perhaps he can continue to do so?

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
Mav
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Steve Cooper

Post by Mav »

Apparently Steve woods applied for the job, and despite not getting on the shortlist said he would love to manage Torquay at some stage in the future as he stills considers Torquay "his" club. whether Buckle was right or wrong to get rid of Woods, the way he did it was certainly not right. It's nice to see that the player still has effection for the club.
Plymouth Gull

Post by Plymouth Gull »

Steve Woods is an interesting one. He's the sort of player I can see making a successful job of being a manager. Not totally sure why; maybe it was ther persona he gave when he was on the pitch. Calm, composed, ambitious but classy aswell.

I don't think he'll get the job, but he did say that he would love to coach down here, so he may become part of the back room staff in the future, especially if Russell/Hargreaves get the job.
TUFC92
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by TUFC92 »

Have to say that I think I would be more confident with Woods in charge than Hargreaves. I don't really know why, I just think he would make a good manager, for mostly the same reasons as Nick I guess.