League 2: Southend United vs Torquay United

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

Scott Brehaut wrote:But wait - I thought Ellis was the answer to our problems..........
I believe we are a much stronger unit at the back with Ellis there Scott but if we continue to play deep and invite pressure on us by Lings negative tactics then the majority of times we are going to concede. Ellis just might help us to not concede as many. I say as we now go 3-0 down! Ha. Capitulation in performance and scoreline? Thats not like us? we could be in serious trouble
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
bixieupnorth
Legend
Legend

Post by bixieupnorth »

4-0
still keeping the faith
Dutchgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Eunan O'Kane
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Dutchgull »

Pathetic how many more ! Ling GO NOW
Colorado Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Colorado Gull »

This is a disgrace! 4-0
Formerly dannyrvtufc4life.
bixieupnorth
Legend
Legend

Post by bixieupnorth »

night all!
still keeping the faith
Neal
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Neal »

im pleased at least to see some others now wnat Ling out, this must now be a priority for the fans to drive this man out of our club before he destroys it anymore.

Please remember what the Cambridge fans predicted for us this season.
TUST MEMBER
Dave_Pougher
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Mansell

Post by Dave_Pougher »

IMPORTANT MESSAGE TO THE BOARD.....

WE HAVE CONCEEDED 9 (THATS NINE) IN THE LAST TWO GAMES.

So far that is.

You wouldn't mind if you could see that maybe something was happening that may change things.

BUT THERE ISN'T.

I await your response.
PlainmoorRoar
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by PlainmoorRoar »

4-1 maybe mansell
TUFC FACEBOOK PAGE - https://www.facebook.com/insideplainmoor
TUFC TWITTER PAGE - https://twitter.com/TUFC1899

Torquay United Supporters Trust member - Join the TUST now!
Jeff
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by Jeff »

Maybe I'm the bad omen, having had the pleasure of watching this and the gillingham game. Don't worry, I'm not watching the next 2.

We've been dreadful, obviously. Everything we did right first half we aren't doing now. Southend have even had the cheek to bring on their child reserve keeper.

Who's just been beaten by an Ellis deflection, 1-4
Dave_Pougher
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Mansell

Post by Dave_Pougher »

4- 5 were gonna win 4-5
Dutchgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Eunan O'Kane
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Dutchgull »

Woopidioo a goal ..
eastyorksgull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: BRANSTON

Post by eastyorksgull »

:'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :@ :@ :@ :@ :@ :@ :@ :@ :@ :@ :@ :@ :@ :@ :@ :@ :@ :@ :@ :@ :@ :@ :@ :@ :@ :@ :@ :@ :@ :@ :@ :@ :@ :@ :@ :@ :@ :@ :@ :@ :@ :@ :@ :@ :@ :@ :@ :@ :@ :@ :@ :@ :@ :@ :@ :@ :@ :@ :@ :@ :@ :@ :@ :@ :@ :@ :@ :@ :@ :@ :@ :@ :@ :@ :@ :@ :@ :@ :@ :@ :@ :@ :@ :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( TURN THE LIGHTS OUT :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

ALL I ASK FOR IS EFFORT AND A DESIRE TO WIN. I AM NOT GETTING THAT FROM MY CLUB AT THE MOMENT. IF WE LOT 10 ON THE TROT BUT ACTUALLY MADE AN EFFORT AND BUSTED A GUT THEN FINE. TO PAY MY MONEY TO WATCH THIS NEGATIVE TRIPE IS NOT GOING TO HAPPEN ANYMORE UNTIL WE START MAKING AN EFFORT !! I BET THE SHOT COUNT FOR US IS 0 OR 1 JUST LIKE GAMES BEFORE. I WOULD RATHER LOSE 4-2 TRYING THAN 4-0 CAPITULATING. MARTIN, START BEING POSITIVE AND SEE WHAT HAPPENS. CONTINUE TO BE NEGATIVE AND TORQUAY WILL LOSE MONEY THROUGH THE GATES AND YOU WILL FACE INCREASING PRESSURE TO LEAVE THE CLUB. IS IT ALL WORTH IT JUST FOR THE SAKE OF HAVING A POSITIVE ATTITUDE? MANSE HAS SCORED, SHOULD HAVE ATTACKED BEFORE THEY GOT THEIR FIRST THEN WE MAY HAVE HAD A CHANCE. TOSSER.
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
taunton_gull
First Regular
First Regular

Post by taunton_gull »

I had grave concerns along with others when Martin Ling was appointed and those fears are now coming to fruition. It's become plainly obvious we are not going to be safe in his hands - I was willing to give him a chance and to be fair I thought the squad would be good enough but the fact is we are devoid of quality in a number of areas. Brian Saah is probably the best example of Martin Ling's judgement. We have Shaun Taylor who is supposedly the 'defensive coach' but what exactly is he doing? We look a shadow of a Paul Buckle team - especially where organisation is concerned. Our squad consists of players not fit to lace the boots of some of last year's side although we did make more use of the loan market. The fact is there have been some terrible signings -Daniel Leadbitter, Chris Mcphee, Brian Saah, Ian Morris who hasn't impressed me and Martin Rice (I don't care if he is a number 2). Yes we are very short of investment but managers can perform well with limited resources. I feel ML bascially took advantage of our position to worm his way in - this is a guy who had been turned down by Grimsby - how many other league clubs would have given him a chance? I can tell you - precisely zero. I was pretty concerned about the speed of his appointment and the managers shortlist in general - we are now paying the price for it.

It's time for the board to step up and show us if they are capable of some leadership. Yes we have the grandstand project but what is the point if we are to host non-league football next year? I feel we have suffered for not having a 'football person' at the club. For all Colin Lee's faults and I know he screwed the club he did have a lot of experience which we no longer have and was responsible for bringing PB to the club. We can not sit still whilst these results continue - if nothing is done we will get sucked into oblivion and there won't be anyone to save us this time.
Last edited by taunton_gull on 22 Oct 2011, 16:38, edited 1 time in total.
PlainmoorRoar
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by PlainmoorRoar »

Looking forward to seeing if its a 'crisis' yet

if you have the £ spend it before you get sacked

or board sack and let someone else spend it

DO SOMETHING
TUFC FACEBOOK PAGE - https://www.facebook.com/insideplainmoor
TUFC TWITTER PAGE - https://twitter.com/TUFC1899

Torquay United Supporters Trust member - Join the TUST now!