Tonight's Games (Tues 27 March)..

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Amazing that you can blame Evans for the brawl when he wasn't on the pitch at the time.
AlexGulls
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Chris McPhee

Post by AlexGulls »

royalgull wrote:Them having a few missing is good, Also Burton winning is very good because they will actually have some confidence now for sat.

Also 82 away fans LOL.
And that was with FREE Travel aswell apparently .
Tq2Yellow
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Derek Dawkins

Post by Tq2Yellow »

brucie
Re: Tonight's Games (Tues 27 March)..
33 minutes ago
Amazing that you can blame Evans for the brawl when he wasn't on the pitch at the time.

Oh Brucie, but he is on the pitch, watch the video and when it all kicks off he along with his cheating sidekick is all of 5 yards away at the back of the group. Once the punches start flying he turns his back, shrugging with his hands in the air scurrying away so he can claim 'handbags'
:keepie: :goal: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf:
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

During the game, the Bradford team was given no cards at all by the referee, but the Crawley players received six yellow cards, for what was reported on the Bradford forum as cheating, timewasting, fouls, intimidation and generally playing dirty. Small wonder that there was ill-feeling after the match.

And Steve Evans described his team's win as 'an outstanding performance'.

If Bradford supporters had been the only ones to make such complaints, following a defeat for their team, one could be forgiven for being a little cynical. But this has been happening all over the country in recent years. At club after club, almost everywhere Crawley have played, crowds have seen examples of this kind of behaviour from Crawley players and management.

Surely the Football League can no longer turn a blind eye to something which brings shame and discredit, not only on Crawley itself, but to the sport of football generally.
tktufc91
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Dan Lavercombe

Post by tktufc91 »

Crawley Town = Disgrace to the Football League.

The sooner this club dies the better. Reading a League 2 Forum, some of the Crawley fans are defending the actions of Mills!!!

Unbelievable.
Na, na na, NA NA NA NA, NA NA NA NA, TORQUAY!
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Come on - Ok Evans might have been on the pitch but can you seriously blame him for the mass punch up. As for intimidation? - well Bradford were playing in front of a home crowd of nigh on ten thousand for christ sake.
One of the Bradford players is now facing a five match ban as its his third red card. Lets face it he is hardly a shrinking violet. Their keeper has run half the length of the pitch to get involved and even the Bradford fans are saying that Oliver punched an oppostion player in the face in the tunnel.
As for Evans saying it was an oustanding victory - well in all fairness it probably was as its put them back in third place.
Sanctions will follow and quite rightly so but Bradford are equally as culpable as Crawley.
Disapointingly Bradford will now face Plymouth on Saturday without both first choice centre halves and goalkeeper.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

brucie wrote:Amazing that you can blame Evans for the brawl when he wasn't on the pitch at the time.

Gasps in horror, brucie in total fabrication Shocker :O
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
Modgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Alex Russell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Modgull »

brucie wrote:Come on - Ok Evans might have been on the pitch but can you seriously blame him for the mass punch up. As for intimidation? - well Bradford were playing in front of a home crowd of nigh on ten thousand for christ sake.
One of the Bradford players is now facing a five match ban as its his third red card. Lets face it he is hardly a shrinking violet. Their keeper has run half the length of the pitch to get involved and even the Bradford fans are saying that Oliver punched an oppostion player in the face in the tunnel.
As for Evans saying it was an oustanding victory - well in all fairness it probably was as its put them back in third place.
Sanctions will follow and quite rightly so but Bradford are equally as culpable as Crawley.
Disapointingly Bradford will now face Plymouth on Saturday without both first choice centre halves and goalkeeper.
Yes! He and Rayner have set that team up in their own image. As others have already said this is not an isolated incident -it is part of a long standing pattern which we have seen first hand in previous seasons.
Phil

Remember its a marathon not a sprint
divingbboy
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Kevin Nicholson

Post by divingbboy »

brucie wrote:Amazing that you can blame Evans for the brawl when he wasn't on the pitch at the time.
(a) He was on the pitch. It's not hard to see him in the video, given his girth...............

(b) It kicked off when Evans verbally abused the Bradford manager immediately after the game.

Next............
TUST member 203
PlainmoorRoar
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by PlainmoorRoar »

Brucie are you Evans in disguise?
TUFC FACEBOOK PAGE - https://www.facebook.com/insideplainmoor
TUFC TWITTER PAGE - https://twitter.com/TUFC1899

Torquay United Supporters Trust member - Join the TUST now!
Wubble U
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: The Sills
Watches from: Pop side

Post by Wubble U »

Absolutely incredible scenes. :O
well maybe not incredible for those cheating crawley bastards!

the first time i watched it i didn't know the 2 teams involved, so my crawley prejudice wasn't clouding my opinion.
But it was instantly clear that the ones in white were throwing a lot more punches than the other team, and also that the goalie landed some absolute crackers. I think Bradford can feel been hard done by to come off the worst, although their goalie should be in prison for his efforts!

I've watched the brawl over and over and I make it 5 Crawley players and 3 Bradford players that actually threw a punch or made aggressive attacks at the opposing players, with 3 Crawley and 1 Bradford landing proper punches.

hopefully the FA disciplinary panel will issue the extra red cards to those crawley scum else it seems they would have got off very lightly.

whether it affects their run in or not is questionable as they've probably got a load of Championship players on the bench to replace them... :whistle:
Glostergull
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by Glostergull »

Why oh Why did anyone in the FA sanction the return of this vermin. I have nothing but loathing for the cheating handbag and his sidekick. and that's the mild version.
Of all the statements to make after this appalling show is FAtty saying he tells the players to stand up for themselves.
Well Evens you cheating scumbag. Standing up for yourselves is now going to get you in real trouble. I switched to several Local BB TV stations today and different things are being said but one thing that seems clear is that the FA are now to make it an inquiry. Good thing. Hope they get deducted points.
Always Look on the bright side of life

Check out my poems topic... http://www.torquayfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4843
Bearne1
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Zebra

Post by Bearne1 »

I see Mr Evans has said that those involved should be punished, funny that (Beeb)

In other words, 'we have enough money to settle any fines/enough player cover, but please no point deduction'!

A hefty points deduction would hurt but cannot see the FA will take this measure.
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

Crawley club statement is a joke!
http://www.crawleytownfc.com/page/Lates ... 00,00.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I particularly like the "maintain high values as a family run club" bit!
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
Bearne1
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Zebra

Post by Bearne1 »

Yes saw that myself, they might think they are a family club but are very, very far from it.