Torquay United v Exeter City - now 15/01/13

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
bixieupnorth
Legend
Legend

Post by bixieupnorth »

if we play with the passion and desire we showed on saturday then i think we'll be very difficult to beat, and given a bit of well deserved luck we may even win tonight??

gonna stick my neck out and plump for 3-1 win, howe 2 and jarvis, disappointing 3789 there
still keeping the faith
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

Anyone know the line up yet?

You had a bet tonight Bix?
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Bodin in for Stevens - actually I think its about the strongest line up we could put out really so happy enough with the team.
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

Please don't jump down my throat out there as it is just my opinion on this particular game and i may be made to eat my words BUT i think that starting Billy in this game is an absolute humongous error and i don't think he anywhere near ready for such a big game. Obviously Martin sees him in training and he must think he is ready but my fear is that if he struggles to reach any sort of form tonight then we may be overrun in the midfield. I would have brought him on later on. I'm not Billy bashing for the sake of it i just don't think him starting will help us in all honesty. I hope he makes me eat my words and blasts one in after 5 minutes but anyway, i've put my reservations out there and s be it. I am begging him to make me look like a **** ( as if i need assistance! :whistle: ) and rediscover his lost form. :scarf:

Come on Billy, don't be silly, i know Plainmoor will be chilly but don't play like Father Ted Crilly, don't even get the ball and dilly. Just get frilly and beat the greeks 5 nilly! :)

Brill!!! er..............y :scarf:
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
Forest gull
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Steve Cooper
Watches from: Pop side

Post by Forest gull »

Come on you yellows. I for one will take a 1 - 0 scruffy win, goal in off Billys arse if need be......
Eirik
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Eifion Williams
Watches from: The sofa

Post by Eirik »

Hopefully there will be some life on Gulls Player soon. Dead silence :(

-Eirik-
-Eirik-
Proud member of Torquay United Supporters Norway
https://www.facebook.com/groups/norwaygulls

TUST MEMBER - https://www.tust.co.uk/
bixieupnorth
Legend
Legend

Post by bixieupnorth »

nothing on our game andy, looked at backing 3-1 rene anytime but decided to keep my pound for another day!!
still keeping the faith
bixieupnorth
Legend
Legend

Post by bixieupnorth »

Gulls (4-4-1-1): 1 Michael Poke; 2 Joe Oastler, 5 Brian Saah, 4 Aaron Downes, 3 Kevin Nicholson; 20 Nathan Craig, 6 Damon Lathrope, 7 Lee Mansell (capt), 15 Billy Bodin; 8 Ryan Jarvis, 9 Rene Howe.
Substitutes : 13 Martin Rice (GK), 16 Angus MacDonald, 18 Craig Easton, 19 Danny Stevens, 21 Thomas Cruise, 23 Ashley Yeoman, 29 Niall Thompson.

Exeter (4-4-2): 1 Artur Krysiak; 2 Steve Tully, 5 Pat Baldwin, 6 Danny Coles (capt), 3 Craig Woodman; 14 Tommy Doherty, 4 Scott Bennett, 16 Kevin Amankwaah, 11 Arron Davies; 19 John O’Flynn, 21 Guillem Bauza.
Substitutes : 8 Matt Oakley, 10 Alan Gow, 22 Jimmy Keohane, 24 Rhys Evans (GK), 27 Myles Anderson, 35 Jamie Reed, 37 Jordan Moore-Taylor.

so its bodin for stevens only change from the starting line up at burton, as lil dan was the only weak link apparent at the weekend that looks to me like a decent change by mr ling
have the three of them started before, bodin jarvis and rene??
Last edited by bixieupnorth on 15 Jan 2013, 19:50, edited 1 time in total.
still keeping the faith
bixieupnorth
Legend
Legend

Post by bixieupnorth »

forgot it was 8pm ko, may spend that £ after all!!
still keeping the faith
chardie
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Alan Little

Post by chardie »

Good evening from Algeria!

Any updates during the evening much appreciated.

3 - 2 Win for the Gulls 85th Min winner from Rene!

Yellow Army! :scarf:
TUST No 278
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

Get it on Bodin to score first goal Bix after what i've just said!
bixieupnorth
Legend
Legend

Post by bixieupnorth »

quelle surprise, complete silence on gullsplayer, but exeter coming over strongly, why do we get so many problems with our service?? even if radio devon are only doing the one commentary, surely it should work thru both teams players??
still keeping the faith
Forest gull
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Steve Cooper
Watches from: Pop side

Post by Forest gull »

is there any live streaming anywhere???? Radio devon dont do online grrrrr
Benno
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Martin Rice

Post by Benno »

Forest gull wrote:is there any live streaming anywhere???? Radio devon dont do online grrrrr
I'm at uni in southampton and after the same thing - think its gullsplayer or nothing though :'( gonna have to rely on forum and bbc sport updates
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

bixieupnorth wrote:quelle surprise, complete silence on gullsplayer, but exeter coming over strongly, why do we get so many problems with our service?? even if radio devon are only doing the one commentary, surely it should work thru both teams players??

That's why i don't bother getting Gulls player Bix. There isn't a week that goes by without someone complaining that the other teams commo is brilliant but ours has been cut off or other issues. If they can't be bothered to provide a service fit for purpose then i don't see why we should be paying for it. I've got the BET365 site on in play. It gives me an idea of what's going on at the very least.