Alan Knill - CONFIRMED

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Dave Caldwell
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Mark Loram

Post by Dave Caldwell »

Dockers Pal wrote:Dave Caldwell knows what he's talking about. The players will read wiki about Knill, they want to win games. He'll get a chance.
But the better players will be talking to their agents about getting something else lined up for next season.
And look out for the dead cat bounce on Saturday.
I hope im wrong but if it looks like a DUCK, quacks like a DUCK and walks like a DUCK, its probably a DUCK!!!
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

In my opinion the club did not have another week, or another day, not even one more hour, a decision had to be made and fast. The one thing that became clear last night is change nothing and the club "was" Going down to the conference no doubting it.

Poeple can critize the number of threads on here, and they can refer to comments as harsh unfair, for me it demostrated just how passionate about our club us Torquay fans really are, passion for your football club is not a bad thing, and things came to head last night for everyone at the club from the chairman down to every fan.

We now have the action we wanted, personaly, I am not going to read into Alan Knill's management record, I have no idea about his time at Rotherham and the difficulties that club had during his time there, nor am I going to read into his time at Scunny, were Scunny realy a Championship club, could anyone have kept them there long term, who knows I do not.

However what I do remember is Alan Knill's Bury side coming down to Plainmoor and giving us a real butt slapping with some of the best fast flowing attacking football I have seen, it was one of the few times at the final whistle having seen us lose that I clapped the away team to show my respect.

We are trouble we can all see that, just read the club statment where it clearly says Alan Knill will given all the backing he needs to keep this club in the league, including loan signings. This might to some seem as chest thumping, drum beating, but we the fans must give Knill all our support. The alternative is relegation, do any of us really want that?
Formerly known as forevertufc
nickfrench
New Signing
New Signing

Post by nickfrench »

There's only 1 man in football with an almost 100% success rate, and he is off to Bayern Munich next season, so who people were expecting to take over God only knows. Alan Knill is exactly the type of appointment I was expecting. He is experienced, and although he has failed in the past, he also has success to his name.
As others have mentioned, we need someone who can get the lads to show a bit of fight, courage and desire to actually keep us in this division, and a bit of fresh blood seems to be on the cards too.
Let's give the new manager the backing he really needs, and maybe leave the negativity at home on Saturday, as we need all the help we can get at the moment.
Glostergull
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by Glostergull »

Although I am not exactly enthused about Alan Knill. (all cry out One Knill for the Torquay Boys) The appointment has now been made, I told you all to give the board a break. And they delivered as I said they would.
We have only one job to do now. We have to all put all objections, worries, arguments and any other thoughts to one side and get behind Alan Knill and the boys. We have to make Alan Welcome. we have to support them all and make them feel as if their wanted and we are right behind them.
So Come Saturday. Shout yourself Hoarse or should I say horse (well at least it's topical) Ok I'll get my coat.
Trojan, Make way lad. I'm coming up on the executive naughty step.
Always Look on the bright side of life

Check out my poems topic... http://www.torquayfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4843
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

Scott Brehaut wrote:I need a lie down.

I've been agreeing with Andy's last few posts (aside from the sack Ling bit)

:rofl:

Best thing i've read all day! :lol:

I don't want Ling sacked though just 'relieved of his duties by mutual consent' would be fine. :Oops: ;-)
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
Glostergull
Country Captain
Country Captain

Post by Glostergull »

Scott Brehaut wrote:I need a lie down.

I've been agreeing with Andy's last few posts (aside from the sack Ling bit)
I need to lie down before I feint. I have seen Scott say he agrees with Andy. :lol:

Glostergull
Country Captain
Country Captain

Post by Glostergull »

Dave Caldwell wrote:Dave Caldwell knows what he's talking about. The players will read wiki about Knill, they want to win games. He'll get a chance.
But the better players will be talking to their agents about getting something else lined up for next season.
And look out for the dead cat bounce on Saturday.

I hope im wrong but if it looks like a DUCK, quacks like a DUCK and walks like a DUCK, its probably a Horse!!!
Edited for factual inaccuracy